It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Radio interview via the phone request

Articles and media
Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:58 am

Good afternoon,

My name is Julie Kenney, Public Information Representative with the United States Postal Inspection Service, Chicago Division. I am reaching out to your organization to see if someone is available to be interviewed about Romance Scams (Valentine’s Day is this week so it would be timely), this Wednesday afternoon February 10th at 12:25pm (CST). The telephone interview should last approximately 15-20 minutes.

The Don’t Fall For It radio show is a weekly fraud prevention radio show hosted and funded by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and is used to educate consumers on current fraud schemes. The radio show is broadcast live every Wednesday afternoon from noon until 1:00 pm (CST) on WBIG 1280 AM, out of Aurora, IL. The Don’t Fall For It show has been on the air for seven years and you can listen to archived shows on the U.S. Postal Inspection Service website: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/radD ... /DFFI.html . There you will notice the high profile guests that have been interviewed, such as Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart, Anchor/Reporter Bill Kurtis, among many others.

The Don’t Fall For It show can be heard live on the internet at noon on Wednesdays at http://www.wbig1280.com ; or download the free WBIG 1280 app to your Smartphone; or if you are in the coverage area, then you can listen on the radio at 1280 AM. The coverage area reaches hundreds of thousands of households in and around the Western and Southern Suburbs of Chicago, IL.

Please advise. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking to you soon. My number is 312-983-6045. (I also sent an email request to the email address listed in your media request section)

Regards,
Julie Kenney

Julie Kenney
Public Information Representative
U.S. Postal Inspection Service
312-983-6045
jakenney@uspis.gov
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Return to “Articles and media”