It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Mitch May - mitchmay78@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Unknown2323
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mitch May - mitchmay78@gmail.com

Postby Unknown2323 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:51 am

Hey guys,

It looks like the scammer is back in action saying "he is a recruiting officer for the Marine Corps." I came across him on Tinder which was said to be deleted but I have no clue if thats really true. "He" was going by Scott May saying his middle name was Mitch. Also said that his birthday was April 23. There is so much more that it would take me forever to write it all do so I will start with the things I didn't see in the post. A lot is the same story that has been feed to everyone who posted here. Today I was sent a location as to where "he" was. I'll post that and the pictures below. He said that in order for me to be known as his girlfriend that I needed to do a Partnership registration and that there would be a $250 fee for each of us. I knew from the second money was brought up it was a scam. I tried to get proof that this was a real person by asking for a picture with the date and time. The person got very hostile about it and said they didn't need to prove anything. While trying to tell me that if I did the partnership registration I would get a picture. I kept push and they kept denying. They are using a San Francisco phone number and saying the reside in the Bay area. Ladies please be vigilant! You never said any military man money as they have access to their accounts! Even over seas! No real military man will ask you for money, period!

Phone number being used
714-494-9507

Location being used
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.2628235,-116.6897927

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Deleted User 103421

Bookmark and Share

Postby Deleted User 103421 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:00 am

Goes by the name of "Marcus Jesse." Phone number: (352)354-2638
Found this guy on Tinder listed as Marc. Even has a Facebook profile which is fake.
Same story. Baby Momma in rehab. Sister lives in Florida with guardianship of daughter. He has full custody. He "claimed" he was based at Ft. Knox in Kentucky. Had horrible work schedule M-S 9-9, Sunday 10-3. Was asking future questions but also saying he didn't want to rush into anything. First red flag. Claimed also that he was a millionaire and about to "retire" from Army. About to open fitness center after retirement. Even showed screenshot of his military I.D on Army website. Second red flag was Germany was spelled Garmany. 3rd red flag: spelling of favorite as favourite, constant press about details about my childhood. I caught on before anything happened. Ladies, be CAREFUL!!! I am only swiping on verified profiles only!

Image Image ImageImage

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Fri May 14, 2021 2:16 am

(352) 354-2638

Usage Landline
City Newberry
State Florida
County Alachua
Providers Deltacom
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Msnave16
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Msnave16 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:30 pm

bwillia26, my wife fell for a scam using these images as well. He was using the name Michael May with her. She described it as a strong pull as well. I would like to ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Many different scammers have been using this particular set for fake profiles. Most are in West-Africa. Hope your wife did not lose money to those gangs :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Mdav225
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Jesse Marcus - +1 (707) 653-5640

Postby Mdav225 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:31 pm

Met him on Christian dating app Upward. Goes by the name Jesse Marcus. Says he is about to retire from marines and is at Fort Devens in Massachusetts. That he is from Florida, has a 4 year old daughter Samantha. Has not asked me for money but is pushing a romatic relationship with marriage and all that after less than one week. Requested talk on WhatsApp phone number +1 (707) 653-5640. Will not send a video of him speaking or do phone call due to military restrictions. Does say he will be retiring from military this Saturday and buying a house in MA.

Lesha
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lesha » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:01 pm

:evil: Robert may aka mitch may used tic tok to start talking to me then we moved over to signal app. Yes I fell for the charm and sweet nature. I always had a feeling that he wasn't real. I fact checked a few things that were said and asked for an explanation. He deleted his tic tok after I told him I needed solid proof he's him. I asked for his Military email to which he replied due to my life being stolen before I can't give that to you. Said he's been hacked before. Says he's in Egypt about to come home. I did look into things and at first couldn't find his image anywhere. Gave me a story of his parents being dead and his child's mother cheating on him with a friend. He never asked for money of any kind. I know that's the first flag. I feel incredibly stupid that I fell for this. I've never talked to anyone off the internet for fear of them being a catfish. Lesson learned. Becareful he speaks really good English and his times match with the time zone he's in. Example. His morning text always came 12:30 my time 730 his time so they are getting smarter.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Military scams”