It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Mitch May - mitchmay78@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
MAnguiano44
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mitch May - mitchmay78@gmail.com

Postby MAnguiano44 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:17 pm

I meet " Micheal May " on mingle2 from there we moved to kik were quickly he send provocative pictures and yes dumb me send him an iphone to this address
Adeseluha Timilehin Emma
43A Aro compound
Ilogbo st
Igede, Ekiti
Nigeria Ekiti state 🤦‍♀️
Then money to
Olowatoba Abiodun Ife nigeria 035341996
Here are his pictures

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

hugofourie3668
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hugofourie3668 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi there
Did this guy tell you he is busy retiring from the Marines and is without money?
What number did he use to whatsapp you?
I think the same person is scamming me

hugofourie3668
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hugofourie3668 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 am

Guys I have managed to shut down over 50 Facebook pages and about 30 Instagram profiles with Mitch May's pictures being used by scammers. Guys be very careful, I lost $52000 (yes, 52 thousand) because of the scammer(s). If ANYONE with Mitch May's pictures approach you, he is a scammer.

hellokitty7674
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hellokitty7674 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi I recently had an Instagram request from someone named Wilson Donald. He requested to speak to me and I accepted. We talked for about a week and he started stating that he already cared about me. I'm not a very trusting person so I knew this was a scam from when he starting stating he loved me and it was only a week. I told him he could not love me because we had only talked for a week. He started sending me pictures and trying to convince me it was him. I downloaded an app that would show me if it was a scam when I would look up the pic. it took me directly to this page and showed it was a scam and that the name of the person was not Wilson Donald. I confronted him and he stated that someone else was using his picture and that he knew that it was used to scam other people. but he swore up and down that he was the true person. I talked to him but tried to see if he would ask me for anything like money. like I said he continued to try to make me like him. I mean those pictures were nice but I knew that it was not him. Recently he asked me to help him out and send him something called a steam card. I declined and he got very upset. So I blocked him and I have not sent anything but he's up to it again. The number he gave me is 740 306 2604 its from Ohio and he stated that he's in west Africa on deployment. we talked on the WhatsApp app. I just don't want anyone to have this happen to them. not cool.

hellokitty7674
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hellokitty7674 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:44 pm

also he took down his Instagram with the name Wilson Donald but I have a strong feeling that he has an account under the name Johnson M. Williams. I think he changed his name on Instagram from that to try to still see my account because it states on my Instagram "follow back" and when I sent out a request to follow back he never accepted. I just have a gut feeling it is him. so please watch for that name incase someone messages you . Its Johnson M. williams

hellokitty7674
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hellokitty7674 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi there
Did this guy tell you he is busy retiring from the Marines and is without money?
What number did he use to whatsapp you?
I think the same person is scamming me
He said to me that he was in the marines and he has no one so he needed help. the number he used on the WhatsApp was 740 306 2604. He tried to scam me but I had a gut feeling it was a total scam so I blocked him on WhatsApp and on instagram

hugofourie3668
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hugofourie3668 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi there,
This guy, did he like calling you baby, babe, sweety? Did he tell you he is separated from his wife due to her drug use?

hugofourie3668
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hugofourie3668 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:55 pm

There is in my opinion a lot of people using the pictures of Mitch May for dubious reasons.
I implore everyone who has had a run-in with a person pretending to be Mitch May to contact me or react to this post. If we can corroborate on information shared we can take this person(s) down. I lost over $52000 due to this scam as I thought (being a kind and good person), I am genuinely helping someone in need. But I now firmly believe I have been scammed like no person ever.
Share with me any information.
Here are mine:
1) He said his daughter needed surgery, a little girl named Emma
2) His sister was taking care of her whilst he was deployed (he has no sister)
3) He needed money for food and gas as he was waiting for his retirement from the Marines to be finalized
4) He used the name Raymond Demarco
5) He at one stage was stating he was living in Boston, but deployed in Syria
6) He also at one stage needed money to travel to Michigan to fetch his daughter as his "ex-wife" took her without his permission
If any of these above agrees with what you experienced i have enough information to have this person arrested.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:56 am

It´s just not one person - it´s gangs in West Africa :( but yes, alerting the local police is definitely the correct thing and much encouraged, even if the outcome may be very little, it serves to alert the authorities of this growing problem of internet scams :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

hellokitty7674
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hellokitty7674 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi there,
This guy, did he like calling you baby, babe, sweety? Did he tell you he is separated from his wife due to her drug use?
Yes he did call me babe really quick like maybe 2 days in and I corrected him and he did not like it. Yes also he told me he broke up with his girlfriend due to cheating on him and doing drugs

hugofourie3668
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hugofourie3668 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Did he say the guy who his wife is cheating on him the name is Brad?
That they are having an affair at Camp Lejeune (US marine base)?
that he is retiring from the marines and is waiting for his payout and wants to get the divorce done before his wife sees the money he will get?
Did he mention he has a daughter?
Did he mention how long he has been in the marines?
Please help me guys

power_flower
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby power_flower » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Unfortunately, it is still the use profile of this man and used by the person who invites by Instagram. I never had a problem with it because I did not accept invitations from strangers once. Unfortunately, two weeks ago I accepted, yesterday it turned out to be an internet scam,. he said he is looking for a serious relationship. Yes, I started to write with him, but it turned out yesterday I need money to fly to me (Ireland) where I know that the army has access to money, I did not send him but unfortunately he wrote beautifully, grammatically and words were always balanced, he knew what he was writing and he does, he sent me pictures. We wrote the first day on Instagram and we will post it on Whats App.
This is his phone number
+1 704 306 2604

power_flower
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby power_flower » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:48 pm

He told me he is alone in the world and his parents died in a car accident and he is alone because he is an only child and he has no one. He told me he was in relationships but unfortunately his last woman cheated him and took drugs. He is from Ohio and moved to Miami, there is a house he bought five years ago. Everything he writes is a lie and do not even send him money, for any account because he does not exist. Everything he writes is an online scam, he can write beautifully and for this he deceives the "word"

Sunnyside232
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

May Collins - charmingmay11@gmail.com

Postby Sunnyside232 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:29 pm

We met on Christian mingle November 2018, but I stopped talking to him until a couple of weeks ago. He said his name is May Collins. Soon as we started talking again he said he “loved” me and wanted to marry me. I called him out on it and he got upset, then I said “bye”, but he apologized. I knew then he was a fake...he asked for a steam card so we could talk on the phone because he couldn’t make a phone call on the network due to security reasons. I told him I didn’t spend money on strangers. He said, “ok”. Then a week later he said he is flying home from Turkey, but needs $550 for a medical exam done before he can leave. He says the Marines will not cover this cost. I said, “bullshit”, then he got upset again. That’s when I told him I didn’t believe anything he was telling me. I said, “I am not in the military or know much about it, but I find it REALLY hard to believe our military would not take care of a medical expense”. He said I didn’t understand...anyway, I blocked him because he was starting to get on my nerves. Then I googled his name and realized he’s a scammer! Like I said, he goes by the name May Collins, he says he’s Portuguese. He says his daughters name is Emma and he doesn’t have any family. Unfortunately, since I didn’t take him seriously I deleted all the pictures he sent me, but I did keep the address he requested I send him money to. The email he is using is charmingmay11@gmail.com
Phone #: (959) 242-7618

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am

(959) 242-7618
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: Teleport Communications America, Llc - Ct
(959) is a Connecticut (CT) area code
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Return to “Military scams”