It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Michael Scott, ms8620264@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Missthompson1296
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Michael Scott, ms8620264@gmail.com

Postby Missthompson1296 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Can someone please help me I've been scammed by this guy for nearly 2 years and really need help getting out of it because the intimate pictures I've shared with him he's threatening to send them to my family and friends if I don't send him more money to bring him home he's apparently in police custody but I've phoned the police and he's not in their custody can someone please help me

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

asdfghjkl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby asdfghjkl » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:45 pm

I’m so sorry you are being scammed and blackmailed. He threatened to send my pictures and videos out if I didn’t send more money and even sent me screenshots of my Facebook friends but after I kept blocking him, I think he realized I was done with his games and he never actually sent out my pictures or videos. I know it’s scary and I was scared too but I hope him not sending out my pictures and videos can make you feel like it’s a little easier to get out of this.

Missthompson1296
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Missthompson1296 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:52 pm

What should I do please someone help I'm a vulnerable woman with a child and poor mental health.
He's threatening suicide and everything

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:45 pm

...... thats only "Theatrical thunder", means hot Air. Its the typical Scenario from the Scammer to get more Money from you. In this case you must be strong and not listen. First right, don't send Money (again) Thats a Invitation for them and this Story will never end for you ...... or it comes the worse to the worse. This Scammers are well trained in this Scenario to set you under Pressure. When they find only a tiny weak Point .... they'll continue
Break up all communication. When you've send Money, go to your Bank and try to get this Money back, make a Report by the local Police.
Hint for next Time: Don't send Money to People which you've never seen or met in real Life ..... first right: don't send naughty Pics to Strangers! Always be carefull.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Meg42
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Meg42 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:01 pm

He’s going by Eugene Brandon Richard now. I thought it was weird that the name wasn’t coming up. Said he is in west africa and that his ex cheated on him with his best friend and then she took his money so his account was frozen. He said he is a military police, but he didn’t want to really talk about it when I tried to ask questions. He said he needed the $50 so we can talk on the phone. Things just didn’t add up. He needed it in Bitcoin, or something about google play card. Anyways, I am happy to have found this site with a reverse image search.

jjh015
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jjh015 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:40 am

I cannot believe I found this site today and even more shocked that the guy I was talking to last month is this guy!!! He went by Scott Toste…found on Tinder. Like a couple others said, he was cute so why not engage! Right off the bat, I was skeptical. Bad grammer, could never talk or facetime, said he was born in Germany, in the military, his parents and only brother died in an ‘auto crash’ and only had a granny that lives in Virginia. Said he lived in Minneapolis, moved there because of a long term girlfriend but she cheated on him…but was currently at a base in Arkansas. He also professed his love to me after only a few days!
I got very skeptical after many things didn’t add up and confronted him about it- he got angry and i told him to send me a photo with my name written on it and he did…that gave him a couple more days, until he said he was getting deployed to Syria. At this point i knew he was a scam and now wanted to see his end game…got a text from a new number saying it was him and that on his first patrol he lost his phone and wallet…that he was using a friends phone…so he just memorized my number to call from another phone??? rrriigghhhttt…Instantly i knew he was going to ask me for money. I just kept telling him that from what Ive read, he could email me…and he could call me…started asking him military questions and when he asked why, I said my friend in the military didn’t believe he was in the army. He stopped messaging me when he realized I was never going to send him money. fncker.

Madgurl28
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Michael Scott,

Postby Madgurl28 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:00 am

Hi he’s back on hangouts he’s using two different ones but told me the same thing parents passed wife’s mean he has a son . He’s been on pof a lot even now . The emails are libertydxhdbenjamin594745@gmail.com & the other one is walkowskichristopher014@gmail.com . Said that he loved me after 2-3 days I was really u know nothing about me but thanks I guess . Started asking me about my bank information and my ssn I was oh hell no I didn’t just ask me that said I can’t help financially he should move on . Scammer all the way hope this helps someone see the truth and follow ur gut . Peace out

Canren727
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Canren727 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:29 pm

He texted me on Facebook messenger, he's going by the name Thomas Prime, location has changed says on his profile that he's from Chicago but raising in Los Angeles.

cait_o
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cait_o » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:26 pm

He sent me an intro on OK Cupid today, 9/17/2021. He was going by the name Thomas and had several pictures exactly like the ones posted here. Claimed to live in Advance, NC and be 34. I reported and passed on him. I'm super grateful this forum exists because I reverse image searched one of the car selfies and it led me here :)

Jayne1980
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Jayne1980 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:21 pm

I 'met' this guy through Facebook Dating on 19/09/2021.
Said his name is John Fairman, currently in Somalia on peace keeping mission for 8 months.
He said he's originally from California but has a house in Manchester, England, that he bought after his divorce from his wife of 3 years. Says his DOB is 20 May, age 43.
His written English is terrible, definitely not American!
He's sent me lots of the same images that have already posted by other people on this post.
Declared his love for me almost immediately and says he's looking for a special woman etc etc.
I asked him about telephone and video calls, he said military protocol means he cannot do this, and that I need to contact his Commander to ask for my number to be registered. He got very defensive and angry when I questioned this.
He's since said I need to send him a £50 stem card so I can call him. I point blank refused so he said he was going to block my number, but luckily I managed to block him first.
Ladies, please avoid him at all costs!

Throwawaybabe
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Throwawaybabe » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:02 pm

I met this guy on FB dating on 9/23/21. He said he was 37 and went by the name Paul, I never got a last name unfortunately because FB dating doesn't give a last name unless you connect on messenger. He also said he lived in Troy, Kansas. Immediately he raised a red flag because he was just too attractive to be into me. Then his English was not very good which was another red flag. His interests on FB dating included "football and grilling" and it seemed like something you'd put if you only knew about American culture through TV. He told me he was on some Covid vaccine mission in Africa with the military which I thought was suspicious. His replies also just didn't really fit with what I said to him. He then asked to talk on another app, and when I gave him my snapchat SN, he asked me to download telegram instead. Thats when I did the reverse image search and found this site. I just told him that I was pretty sure he was a catfish because he wouldn't add me on snap and could barely speak English. Plus he was conveniently in Africa. He told me he wasn't and accused me of "being on here to waste mens time." Which was admittedly hilarious. I reported his profile to FB for being fake and blocked him. Im so sorry to the other people he's hurt. He's a scumbag.

Rosewind04
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Frederick Michael, michaelfrederick822@gmail.com

Postby Rosewind04 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:31 pm

Also known as Frederick Michael his hang outs email is Frederick michael <michaelfrederick822@gmail.com> he says he Is in Iraq. He can't call me or video chat cause it can compromise him. He sent me a video of him with Chinese people talking in the background. He says he is 41 yrs old from Warren Michigan. He is 5"11 blue eyes with black hair. He professed his love the second day and i knew it was a scammer. So I played along to see how far it would go. He would text me every morning. And he would keep track of how long we spoke to make sure I was not on to his game. His English was really good. He writes really well which is convincing as far as being an American is concerned.. Every now and then he would slip up slightly but then correct himself. He's suave and he knows it.

Fuzzy85
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Fuzzy85 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 pm

This profile is still active - these photos are being used on POF UK. saying he is Mike from Southampton currently

lol707
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby lol707 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Now going by (drumroll) STEVE JOHNSON on instagram. Steve Johnson aka stevej143 states hes from Oklahoma City and in the army. I wonder who this guy he has all these pic of actually is, because hes hot af. Im mostly just posting this so people can reverse image search him like i did to find this.

ElleinadW77
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ElleinadW77 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:37 pm

Hello,
This Scott Toste messaged me on Facebook Messenger. He said he's Polish (father's side) and Native American (mother's side). He was born in Poland, his parents died in a car accident 20 years ago, his wife died of cancer 8 years ago, he doesn't have children, he's 36 years old, his Aunt who he refers to as like an older sister lives in Connecticut. He is from California. He said he is 2 weeks in on a 4 week vacation in Warsaw, Poland. Whoever this guy or woman is, they use pictures that are on this website. Such a shame because this guy is so handsome and talks sweet. I wish I really knew that hot guy in the pictures. So this Romance Scammer has a Facebook Profile that has a picture dated back to May 2021. Beware of this handsome guy on Facebook. I hope my post helps others.

facebook.com/scott.toste.5
Scott Toste
Don't fight hate with hate take actions but do it with love
Self-Employed
Studied at California State University, Los Angeles
Went to Tampa Bay Technical High School

Image Image

Return to “Military scams”