It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Mickon - newtongrant26@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
minerva

Bookmark and Share

newtongonzalez0@gmail.com

Postby minerva » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:18 pm

from RS FB
newtongonzalez0@gmail.com -->hangouts

to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

newtongonzalez0@gmail.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

ksutherland07
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Andrew Newton, andrew.newton@us.navy.mil

Postby ksutherland07 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:05 am

Met on Bumble. Told me his name was Andrew Devin Newton from Spain but raised in the US. Currently in the US Navy. Birthday 2/22/84. Email he gave me was Andrew.newton@us.navy.mil.
Scammed out of a lot of money but never made me even think he was not real. Phone number used was +1 (609) 388-1759

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mickon - newtongrant26@gmail.com

Postby minerva » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Welcome to RS and thanks for update :) I hope you already block him and not sent any money :)

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re andrew.newton@us.navy.mil

Postby Myra » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 pm

phone number 609-388-1759
Vincentown, NJ 08088
Metropcs

Cimalo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Cimalo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:02 pm

A mí me han contactado dos, uno que se hace llamar Newton Lewis y el segundo dice llamarse Michael N Andrew.
No entiendo de dónde pueden obtener tantas fotos y vídeos de este hombre?..
El que se hace llamar Michael, me hizo vídeo llamada por Skype y uso un vídeo de la persona de la foto, obviamente el vídeo no coincidía con lo que me hablaba y la voz sonaba muy graciosa, no hablaba bien inglés..

TL
I have been contacted by two, one who calls himself Newton Lewis and the second says his name is Michael N Andrew.
I don't understand where they can get so many photos and videos of this man?
The one who calls himself Michael, made me a video called by Skype and used a video of the person in the photo, obviously the video did not match what he spoke to me and the voice sounded very funny, he did not speak English well ..

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Bienvenido a RS y gracias por la actualización. por favor publique su id de skype también :)

Belgica
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Belgica » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 am

Matched on Tinder in Belgium.
James 47
Living in Brussels
Works for ministry of defense
Has a 10yo kid
Comes from Brooklyn NY

+16193450288

Reported on Tinder as scam

ElizabethPrice
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ElizabethPrice » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:09 am

Well he contacted me as Michael Andrew from Barstow, Cali. Talked for a week. Was completely hooked until he asked for money. Met thru instagram michael017778 with an email address of michael0017701@gmail.com. Have submitted transcripts and photos to FBI. he is currently trying to blackmail me by posting the pics i sent him.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

michael0017701@gmail.com

Postby Igulinka » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:32 pm

ElizabethPrice

Thank you for posting the scammers. Please do not worry about blackmailing you. They all try to pray on victims to the end and try to cash in. Please BLOCK mafia on all your devices and look out for them coming and approaching you with new profiles. Ignore it too. If they have no way to get into you they will go away. Be safe!!!
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Deleted User 101341

Bookmark and Share

Postby Deleted User 101341 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:58 pm

I found this message board through a reverse image search. I am blown away by all of this. A good friend of mine has been talking to "Benjamin" since late March. She is infatuated with him. He has sent her roses, and recently sent a "trust fund" check to her house because he "didn't want to have the check sitting in his mailbox". He claims to be on a "deployment" in New York so he can fly drones over the city to help with the COVID-19 crisis. She claims to have video chatted with him, but says the video is always frozen. So it is obvious to me that the person behind all of this is using some old video and simply pausing it while speaking. I am concerned that he has her home address, which puts her and her family in danger, and I can only imagine what other info he has.

However, I have been able to obtain the following information about him:
  • Benjamin Artem Newton. Changed his last name from Mykhailo in 2012.
  • DOB: 3/28/74.
  • Born in the Ukraine and lived there until he was 15.
  • Joined the US Navy and is close to retirement.
  • Phone number: 1-919-726-8481 (registered to bandwidth.com, which is generally what shows up whenever it is a Google Number)
Here are some photos he has sent to her that she then forwarded to me:
https://ibb.co/album/35389N

I am posting this in an attempt to prevent others from getting scammed by this same person/group. I reached out to the actual person in the pictures on Facebook and he, indeed, confirmed he had not been chatting with my friend. If anyone has any sort of advice on how to let her know she is being catfished/scammed, please let me know.

Thank you all!

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 pm

...... first advice is, don't contact the person in the Pics!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=44613

He has sent her roses, and recently sent a "trust fund" check to her house because he "didn't want to have the check sitting in his mailbox".

...... here we've a huge problem. I hope she have done nothing with this "trust fund" check ..... otherwise she'll be involved in Money laundry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Deleted User 101341

Bookmark and Share

Postby Deleted User 101341 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:15 am

You make a great point. I should not have contacted the real person. However, I guess I lucked out because he was very kind and let me know that he receives those types of messages all the time. I sincerely thanked him and did not continue the conversation, as I was also reading the FAQs at the same time. My mistake.

In addition, the money laundering is my concern. However, she asked me to stop questioning the reality of him. I know the truth because of the work that everyone has done before me. So there's nothing left for me to question. Therefore, I'm basically left feeling that I should just do nothing.

Detectivebow
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Detectivebow » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Now these photos are used on tik tok, he stated his name is Jesse Morris from Chicago. Army wife died 7years ago giving birth to his daughter. He messaged “ I am really searching for something serious and you seem like what I want, check my profile if I am your type please send your number or text me on whatsapp +1 631 621 6177 or text me on kik Jessem0147.. hope to read from you soon.”

elijah
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Elijha Ashmore - elijahashmore04@gmail.com

Postby elijah » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:58 pm

fui contactada por alguém que dizia ser este homem. dizia chamar-se Elijha Ashmore. abordou-me no instagram e sugeriu o hangouts. apenas falei com ele dois ou tres dias. dizia querer comprar uma casa em portugal e que iria enviar dinheiro. tinha um péssimo inglês e dava muitos erros ortográficos. a conversa acabou porque estava constantemente a declarar o amor e era ridiculo. Nunca fiz chamada telefonica nem videochamada. fiz uma busca da imagem e uma das que ele enviou sugeriu-me este site. Ele nao tem nada sobre mim, mas quero avisar e fiquei enojada. desde que o bloquei vários homens pedem para seguir no instagram. :mad: acho que vou apagar as redes sociais. fiquei enojada. nao falem com estranhos.
Diz ter uma filha de 9 ou 10 anos, e que a mulher o abandonou.
o email é: elijahashmore04@gmail.com

I was contacted by someone who claimed to be this man. It was called Elijha Ashmore. Approached me on instagram and suggested hangouts. I only spoke to him for two or three days. He said he wanted to buy a house in portugal and that he would send money. He had very bad English and made many misspellings. The conversation ended because he was constantly declaring love and it was ridiculous. I never made a phone call or video call. I did a search for the image and one of the ones he sent suggested this site to me. He has nothing on me, but I want to warn you and I was disgusted. Since I blocked it several men ask to follow on instagram. I think I will delete social networks. I was disgusted. Don't talk to strangers.
He says he has a 9 or 10-year-old daughter, and that his wife has abandoned him.
The email is: elijahashmore04@gmail.com

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Welcome to RS and thanks for the update :) :)

Return to “Military scams”