It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Kim - marisasmith554@gmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: Kim - marisasmith554@gmail.com

Postby minerva » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:27 am

Thanks for update and welcome to RS :) If you still have other info feel free to post them all :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

junwun6@gmail.com

Postby Bix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:32 pm

Afreedate
Username:
Wunjun
Living situation:
Alone
Firstline:
junwun6@gmail.com
About yourself:
Am cool, easy going guy funn to be with and I love being with my friends
Looking for:
An honest , intelligent and God fearing lady, trust worthy, a lady who can love and advice me if am going Rong

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Woo Joon, jwoo90247@gmail.com

Postby Bix » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:18 am

Afreedate
Username:
Woojoon
Living situation:
Alone
Firstline:
jwoo90247@gmail.com
About yourself:
Am good looking, honest and like to go out with friends
Looking for:
Am looking for a honest lady, trust worthy,God fearing,a lady that can love me so much

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Maggie130303
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Maggie130303 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am

Hello everyone,
I'm so glad I found your page. And boy, do I have a story for you about this scammer. It will be a long story so bear with me.
He first contacted me in January on Instagram. He went by the name Beom Seok or as he said his english name was Frank. Of course he was in military on peacekeeping mission in Myanmar. His parents died when he was 16 in a car accident. Well I've heard that all before. I was waiting for him to tell me he also is a single parent and his wife died of cancer, but no. He said he was 41, living in California. Had gold mining company and two houses and lots of money. After I told him not to brag about this because I'm not interested in this things he calm down. I don't usually fall for this type of messeges and I'm really sceptical and check this types of profiles online, but he was really convincing. I have to give him or her that. We talked for about a month and becasue it still bugged me why he would want to talk to me, I once again check him on every social media. Of course I only had his pictures and fake name. But guess what, I found at least 2 other accounts on Instagram with his pictures but different names. When I confronted him about this he inssisted that his acoount was hacked and he was using new one. He even told me that 'he is done with the insults' and told me 'Goodbye'. Just to get back to me next day with another convincing story. He even told me he will take the risk and try to call me quickly on hangout's when he will go to town with his commander. And he really did. But the strange thing was there was no sound and the video skipped twice. It lasted maybe 15 seconds but I thought it was weird that he smiled twice in exactly the same time on both part of the call. I thought I was losing my mind because it looked like it was only a video on loop (It's hard to explain, I hope you get what I mean, sorry :) But then I thought - hey, you are paranoid, he did what he said, so it must be really him. He even got explanation why there was no sound and that he wasn't alone in the car. Wow what a great actor he was :-o
Fast forward to another month of talking with him he told me the name of his company which of course didn't even had online page or anything like that. Seriously? Who doesn't use internet in bussines these days? Anyway, he posts sweet messages every morning about love and trust. He said he write them himself but I found these type of messages on online page about sweet messages for loved ones or wives. OMG what an idiot. Of course I told him about it. He once again ask me to trust him etc. Finally we get to the day when he's supposed to go on a secret mission to fight with terroist... What??? And so we get to the point that after 2,5 months of talkin he asks me for a favour. He asked me if I could get him an iTunes card or steam card so he can get backup of all his work related and personal staff because he is going for a mission and he won't have the chance to do so after because who know's what will happened. Seriously??? That's when I knew 100% he was fake. I told him no, sorry my account is blocked and I can't help him. He asked if there is really nothing I can do or anyone else to ask. I said no and blocked him on everything and report his instagram account which by the time changed his profile picture to some dentist and name from Beom Seok to Wang Wei...
Anyway I recently did some digging on him again because I felt sorry for the guy that he used the pictures of. I found lots of this guy's pictures on russian dating site and not only there. Finally I came across this page and now I know everything. I found this real, poor, innocent guy from all these pictures. The guy in the pictures is not the actor Park Seo Jun as someone else said in here. He looks a little bit like him but it is not him. Thanks to the pictures someone posted on here in his uniform I found this person's real name and instagram account. It is definitelly not the guy who scammed me and everyone else. I feel sorry for him. I don't know if he realizes that some lame life is using his pictures to scamm people.
I hope this scammer will eventually get what he deserves. I feel stupid for believing him for so long. This reminds me not to let my guard down and always doubt who I met online. At least I'm not that stupid to send money to a total stranger even if he tells me everyday I'm a love of his life :lol:
Girls don't trust anyone you meet online and don't fall for all these sweet talks and promises. I learned my lesson. Even though I used to blocked this type of messages straight away because I knew it was scams, this time I almost fall for it myself. I guess my inborn distrust saved me :thinking: I think I should change my profession. I missed my calling, I think I should be a private investigator after this case :lol:
Stay safe girls

phelonia
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Myung Hoon

Postby phelonia » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:55 pm

i don't know where to start.... first of all, i would like to thank my friends for showing me this page. man, what a situation i would have been in.
well, i installed this meff app out of boredom, actually with no thought. then he just wrote to me and i just made normal small talk, no big deal. then he gave me the kakao id. He introduced himself to me as Myung Hoon, supposedly born 11.05.1980. He was in Kabul, Afghanistan, on a peace mission to protect the people somehow. Well, then he just asked me about exchanging photos and said done. Then every day I get such lovely and sweet news, of course I'm happy about it, I mean the guy in the photos looks damn good too. Well, then the longer the more I wrote, the more I got the message that they were having a meeting with the US soldiers and that everyone had received a lot of money. And they are not allowed to have any valuables in the camp. Well, as naive as I was, I believed it and wanted to help, because I don't really need a reason to help, which was a lesson to me not to always be so damn nice.
It only said that I had to give my name, address, etc. Well, I was stupid enough to do that, and then I got a 'courier' email with information that it was on its way. Then a few days later a mail from the airport in the USA saying yes it was confiscated I had to pay so and so much, at first I hesitated and wrote back and forth. well the end of the story is I paid money for something that doesn't exist anyway.
I can't tell you how incredibly angry and disappointed I am in myself. Because I received another email and luckily people opened my eyes before I did any more damage.
Please take care of yourselves and don't make the same stupid mistake I did!
I also contacted the Meff app and told them what happened. I just feel so empty and really shitty that I fell for some shitty guy who isn't even the person. Well, except for the fact that it did my ego good, I have nothing more to gain from it now......
stay healthy and be careful

pulsarka
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pulsarka » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Met this guy through Meff. He said about his parents' death when he was 3, about adoption and of course history repeats itself about Afghanistan.
He has been writing to me for a month, he has not asked for money. But he really wants to come to me.
His texts are really professional, I installed Meff applications to see what it is (I have already uninstalled it). I never had any expectations from a relationship like this so I'm just having fun writing with him.
The guy, after 4 days of writing, already wrote about marriage, I don't know why women sometimes think we're such stupid chicks.
He did not ask for my residential address or email. It's just a pity that he has my phone number.
I am curious how the situation will develop, thanks to the fact that I found him through his photo in google, I found myself on this forum.
Honestly, it immediately smelled like a thing, but I thought that she was only looking for someone to take home, she wrote that he would have a vacation and want to come to me, but extorting money is a rough matter .........

phelonia
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby phelonia » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm

well i can only learn from this, this person is just the worst. and i just feel sorry for the guy he steals these pictures from. hopefully he will get his just punishment someday.

pulsarka
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pulsarka » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm

I am surprised how well it is organized, I am even informed when it is going to "patrol" and that it will write when it comes back and at that time does not log on whatsapp. I'm impressed. The more I explore it, the more fun I have with it ..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

anabel
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Carmita Phong, whatsapp (+1 312-270-0601)

Postby anabel » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:22 pm

On April 21, 2021, I saw he changed the profile picture of whatsapp (+1 312 270-0601):

Obviously he's a fake.
Last edited by Bix on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pulsarka
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pulsarka » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:55 pm

He contacted me again on meeff but when I asked him he didn't write back, I guess he figured he'd already written to me and didn't get anything.
Anyone have a lead on the real person in the photos? Someone wrote that he found her after the photos, unfortunately I can't do it.
This guy called me when I told him I knew who he was, I wish I had picked up because maybe he would have shown me what he looked like

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:33 pm

.... when you had read before, you would know who this Guy is in real but its not necessary .... we always advise people not to contact the RPO. He can nothing do on the end.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

phelonia
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby phelonia » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:22 pm

here is another phone number from this ''guy''

+1 240 660 8133

I just feel really sorry for the person from whom the pictures were stolen. But yes, what can you do, there are just such disgusting people on this planet.

erschan
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby erschan » Thu May 20, 2021 5:27 am

Hello, everybody!

I'm going to share my story with all of us. I hope this can help to expose the scammers.

Few days ago, someone called Soyon reached me in my Meeff account. He aske me to show he that I had delete my Meeff account. He started to avoid my questions and that makes me think that something was wrong. He said to me that he was in Kabul, Afghanistan, when the number is from Portugal +351 926 985 363. At the beginning, I thought everything was all real, but then I realized the nothing in life is so perfect and easy. I wrote him that I think he was a scammer and immediately, he pissed off. The worst part in here is that I sent him some pictures of me, even a little video at work. At the end, everything was unreal.

This scammer likes to use phrase like "I love you" and "You mean everything to me". They like to play with women's emotions.

I'm going to leave here the pictures and the modus operandi of this scammer. Be safe, everyone.

BandjustB
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BandjustB » Mon May 31, 2021 2:10 am

Ok i should share this with you all
He added me on meeff as the name Manson Wong peng/ line Manson from Atlanta Georgia, gemologist from the GIA, single no parents rich...that was his " identity"
The thing is we even had calls and video call and share during 1 month a large amount of video and pictures now i don't know if he uses his own pictures cuz the phone calls videos or voice message ... sound all like the same guy!....AHHH
So he started very normal but very intense texting, but didn't ask anything weird or too personal, well after 2 weeks he said he liked me a lot and we start to text more affectionate and... after that when he said he loved me i thought it was suspicious ...so i start to level up the intensity and reply every loving message with a more loving and intense one almost dying of love and i was thinking how this guy could take things or maybe fool the girls ...he did make a lot of mistakes sent fake pictures of a GIA seminary and flights so i confirmed he was an scammer and blocked him but didn't save all pictures audios and videos he sent to me :(... well i hope nobody use my pics to make a fake account! But too late for me!
He never asked for money but make enough questions to make a very accurate fake profile of myself... all he said he was going to leave everything and come soon to my Country and live with me , after i blocked the account i started to search and found this posts ... so i hope someone can read this before share too much with this guy or the one/s taking his pics and information ... i don't know now!

mooni-moon
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mooni-moon » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Hello, everyone
Apparently i have to add to this story line about this guy, who has contacted me first time somewhere in may , then we ended it on the 6th of June after i refuse to be his beneficiary of his house ownership papers back in Korea and his legal documents ..such his doctor degree certificates , credentials and check book, as his money account had to be suspended for the duration of his staying in a refugee camp somewhere near Sana Yemen, By the way he posed as a neurosurgeon doctor. Very polite didn't go into anything inappropriate but he did express his feelings in most loving way without exaggerations .. we even had a broke up before breaking up for "real ".. at that breakup he displayed such a bad temper and an ugly behavior ..That first time i was upset and at times i even missed that character he portrayed.
After that "break up " i have found many accounts using this guy s pictures , under different names and nationalities . so i collected those images and had sent it to the character JJHYUK ,,asking him if he knows about people using his pictures
he replied aggressively like he didn't recognize me and said that i should leave him alone before him starting to curse at me.
i the meantime i had meeff deactivated ..whilst i was talking to a guy , a different guy who also tried to scam financially and emotionally...i ll post about that guy into a different post.
i ve met again with some version of the guy from the pictures : i met the charcter who s parents died at 3 years old and he was raised in the UK ..butu i guess he figgured put he saw me before ..then i met the guy with whom i currently talking ..( yes im pushing my luck here) who s name is Dong Woo he s 35ish ,,also from seoul , orphaned at 17 , raised in a orphanage ?! took in by the military academy who gave him a chance so he s completed military academy aswell as Business admin ..been cheated by his girlfriend Tina with his best friend, Tony, ..a little white dog came into the story, Daisy, who s his beneficiary in case he dies in all his glory on the battlefield( he didnt answer the question of his dog s race) ...and he s living somewhere in Florida , but willing to relocate for the rights woman..Im in my early 40s ..i gave him the honest story of me also that i ve been traumatized by the some scammers on meeff ..also i made him aware that he s identity is been used by various people ,,and he reacted as if he was appalled by the very idea ...I had for split of second so to speak the intention to believe him ,,thinking that i finally found that guy ...but i soon realized that he doesnt have knowledge of Facebook any modern networking how to even create a facebook account , which by the way i have created for him . By opening a google account , i have turned on the location and kept open the email and the Facebook account ..and ths is how i found out that his phone shows a location somewhere in NIgeria , majority of the time in Lagos , other times in Abuja.
when i saw that prove ..and knowing how gps is working ..i felt so bad almost fell ill ....i cornered him ..he threw a fit but not as violent as the last time we encountered. He goes and said " why would i go and check all that online ? that he s having his localization clouded , by the way he s using an iphone 6, but all the pics i saw the real guy he s using an Samsung S10+ 5G... but his intention is to get himself a Iphone 12 etc once he gets out of there ...I fought with him ..he even reopen an account on meeff , blamed it on me once i cornered him again ... I forgot to mention the fact that i imposed some boundaries in communication such as no talk ab money or anything related ..which really annoyed him to begin with ..Somehow, in careful watched manner he started to say that look if you us to meet sooner , i should be writing to vacation department and apply as spouse for him getting a month off his 3 years contract ..which he s completed 1/3 of it....I said that my situation doesnt allow me to go into money aspects ..he seemed to have understood but still went into blaming me and situation gone south him becoming verbally aggressive as he himself admitted later on into our " relationship" ..
having seen the majority of his pictures ,, he have sent to me this image i attached below ..said he has taken it especially for me.

its disheartening but also shows how gullibility and own traumas makes some people into sitting ducks for predators.
i havent decided yet what the ending will be like ...
thank you for allowing me to share my experience here.

Return to “Military scams”