It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pictures of Maj. Chris Haggard

African scammers posing as military personnel.
micthello12069
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Maj. Chris Haggard

Postby micthello12069 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Captain William Haggard, seemed to good to be true. Says he is in Afghanistan. Texting me from a TX #, on yahoo IM as captwill051@yahoo.com. Responses seem scripted and to heart felt for just talking to someone you met on okCupid. He has sent pics as well. I will post them later. Just so sick of this crap.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:53 pm

micthello12069

Welcome to RS and thank you for post.
Please post pictures and scripted chats, letters etc ... when you'll find time. Pictures are very powerful tools in the scams.
I am glad you recognized quickly it was a scam. Now please BLOCK and IGNORE say nothing to the criminal.

Be safe online :)
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

David Jones, david42jones@hotmail.com

Postby Bix » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 am

waplog
davidjones67
Male , 52 , 5 hours
Name Surname: david jones
Lives in United States, CALIFORNIA
Hallo Ich bin Mr.David Jones Von Kalifornien Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika. Ich bin eine Art und aufrichtigen Mann, offen und ehrlich, Zuneigung

ok,this is my email address,david42jones@hotmail.com
why are you not talking to me? :lol:
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

victimofhaggard
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby victimofhaggard » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Just a week ago I met Haggard Blay on Growlr.

I also provide a skype chat screen shot when he says he is getting pissed when I found out the truth. His user name is haggard.blay on skype.
It all started when he wanted my e mail address and sent the mail below:
His e mail address is
<haggardblay1@outlook.com>
<haggardblay1@outlook.com>
Received: from BAY004-OMC2S15.hotmail.com (bay004-omc2s15.hotmail.com. [65.54.190.90])
Hello Handsome,
Am Haggard Blay, 40 years from Florida Miami. My mom was a teacher and my Dad worked in the medical field of the Army and later worked with the UN. I joined the military academy at the age of 20 and growing much into the Army rose to the rank of a Captain major First Class as a mechanical engineering..I decided to hold back and look out for that right man who i can go far with in life..My ex- cheated on me so badly.he was dating another man younger enough to be his son whiles i was away on peace keeping mission here in Afghanistan.I made everything possible to make him happy and he never lack anything,we shared all together.We also supported each other financially.Am not that type of a man who cheats in a relationship because i don't have that much time and energy to juggle 2 or more men at the same time so i felt cheated upon and i knew he was not worthy of my love for him. i seek a soul mate now.I hate liars and cheaters because cheaters are losers and losers do not have a place in relationships.he is out of my life now and nothing will get him back because he has done more than enough to hurt me. i guess this lets you know a bit about my past love life.

I do not expect a man to be a servant to me, spending all his time working and cleaning; I believe there is give and take in a relationship, and I realize that at times it's more convenient for me to do laundry, cook, clean, and I have no problem doing that because I believe and I have being thought by my Father that it's also man's responsibility to do the house works and house chores as well.I believe that time spent apart helps keep things fresh in a relationship and makes the time we do spend together even better. I'm not one who cheats in a relationship, one man is enough. Lol
I consider myself to be a fairly honest and truthful person and expect the same in return; I'm not wealthy but I don't luck anything in life though so and don't expect someone to attempt to deceive me or "play" me.I enjoy fine dining and am always looking for someone to share the appreciation of good food and fine wine. I am just as comfortable with my hair up in old jeans as with my hair down wearing my favorite little black t-shirt and glass.

I love to dance but I also want to be in a relationship where I can totally trust the other person and not d'well on how the relationship is not working.I believe in getting to know my partner and communication seems to be the best way to do this. I am adventurous. I will always have the little kid in me ,even though I am very responsible love to see new places and experience new things.My mom has run off by a motorist and my dad passed away due to respiratory related problems.I was only 28 yrs by then.To me i lost the backbone of my life.I was their only kid without siblings.Never knew an uncle or aunt,nor cousins and nephews.I guess i have a trace of descend to catch up with my family if there is any out there when i retire because my Dad had an Italian background and my mom Puerto Rican. But i have found company in my colleagues in the Army who i can say have been my family all this while..

This is my third time since i was first deployed in 2004.My second was in 2008 and am looking forward to retire a honorable service man this very soon with all my honors and service to the country.Am stationed in camp Eggers in the Kabul province of Afghanistan,miles away from the presidents palace It was named after Capt.Daniel Eggers one of those prominent soldiers who served here as well.This is where over thousands of troops have been stationed in the heart of Afghanistan.As i have told you i will be retiring soon and i want to come home and meet that special man who i can spend the rest of my life with

Cpt Haggard
Our skype talk : he says he is pissed when I found the trurth
haggard.blay on skype

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 pm

victimofhaggard

Thank you for the post.
Please don't confront scammers it serves wrong purpose. I am not sure if they get so pissed off but I am sure they are thankful for valuable lesson and will move to the other victims using new knowledge they gained from you.
FBI advises to BLOCK, DELETE and IGNORE without saying another word.
Please educate public instead.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Thank you for exposing this scam profile with all its necessary details :)

Skype avatar is:
=> IP: 41.189.161.44
City: Accra
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

anotherstupidblondie
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby anotherstupidblondie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 am

I met this guy on Finya.de (screenshots follow) and I definitely ignored the signs I at first saw. Girls, listen to your inner alert! If it sounds too good to be true, it IS too good to be true! Anyway, he uses the following data:

Name: Win Haggard

e-mail: win_haggard1@aol.com
IP: 41.210.26.179
Yahoo: winchris@yahoo.com

This was his background-story:

"Thank you so much for your messenge well my really name is Win and i am from German but i do live in Munster and my mom from German and my daddy from USA but i was born in German and I'm Soldier and work in the USA Army as a first class sargent of logistics and my work is all about movement and supply of things in the Army base here. at the moment i am stationed in Kabul Afghanistan for the past 12 month now, this is my second time here , anyway i guess i should be happy that soon i will be at home as i miss my country so much and cant wait for my homecoming and my retirement in the next 12 weeks i always Thank God for my life here and your prayers as well that is why I am looking for a partner and a lover and best friend who I can share the most intimate dreams with. A well rounded individual and a spiritual person and i really like how you talk with me so i hope that you have Skype name and email address so that we can been meet there to have a chat to know more about each other better okay"

Of course I asked myself why his english was a lot worse than mine... but (I think it's nothing new to anybody here) I decided to ignore that or probably I found some explanations... *sigh*

He's been using a couple of the pictures that are already posted here and here are the Screenshots of the profile he uses (still active!):

In his first few e-mails, he gave me the complete story (again):

"Hello Dear Its me Win

It was nice to talk to you on Finya and I guess it, and how are you today, hope by the grace of God, all is well with you sand me my sons, once again. the name of me Win and the name of my son Kelvin I'm single and share looking for a woman for the rest of my life with in good times and bad times, so please call if you do not mind. tell me about yourself and what you are looking for the dating site. this is a few photos of me for you to see who really your conversations with and I hope to please and if not mind. send it unto me a few photos of you in return for me to see who really I talk and tell me more about sooner rather to yourself and I will say to me. and I will. as now celebrating over. and with us as you later ren. thanks, hugs kisses.
I hope to hear from you soon

Win"

I asked him if he had copied parts of different mails together or why else the text was so mixed up. He ignored that and went on:

"Thank you so much for your email well.I really understand you I am 52yrs old single and my full name is Win Haggard but i lost my beloved she had an Accident but one son between us who called Kelvin and him is 15yrs old . I am from German in Munster but currently Stationed in Kabul the capital city of Afghanistan on a peace keeping mission .I am about 5'7ft tall and non smoking and do not do drugs and am a social drinker, i am a christian i have no sisters and brothers i was born alone i have lost my parent long time ago after the death of my parent i was adopted by a kind and caring honest woman who took very good care of me and was in the military boarding school and when i finish my schooling was called in the Army at the age of 25 at the age of 28 i went for my first mission in Iraq and when i was back home i met a special woman and was in love with her and had my son with her but unfortunate we got divorced and later she had a lorry accident which make her to loose her life. My son is in Sweden anytime i travel for working i leave him in the boarding school and make sure i pay every bill needed for him, life has been very hard for me but i have tried my best to fight it till now that i am on my own and have no families apart from my wonderful son who i only have . I am also a straight person my Heroes are Kenny Rogers,Don Williams,Dolly Parton because i enjoy the country music and most of all my son and i need a serious woman to make her also my hero i like sport so much football,racing,long walk,tennis,hand ball,hockey,basketball,ice hockey,skating and love listening to music like Jazz,Hip hop,old music,country music and Romantic songs like reading biography and Auto Biography and frictions and histories the kind of movie show i like to watch most is comedy and action film or nice American films. I am a loving caring man that loves to do things that please my partner. I love traveling, riding my motorcycles, gardening, swimming beach walking spending time with my son, photography, helping people, sharing a sunrise with someone special and ending the day with that same person watching the sunset.I am a very warm, extremely affectionate and very caring person, who is not afraid to either show or express, in many ways, those feelings. I am very energetic and love to be out of the house doing things, whether planned or spontaneous. With the right woman and a good bottle of wine, staying at home is just fine. I enjoy the casual beach life and all the activities it affords. Traveling is one of my passions and I take the time to do so sometime, My personality traits are: Romantic, loving, affectionate, purposeful, caring, considerate though I must admit, I do not like to go it alone. I like to share the experience with someone special. I do love to cook, yes, a guy that cooks, for that special person or small dinner parties. I am physically fit and look very young for my age. I am in good shape and plan on staying that way (it's a lifestyle thing). I have been successful in my past and i am comfortable. I have the "things" to make life comfortable but not the special woman i need to make it complete. I love children and still want to have a nice family with a special woman. I search for that special girl to make my "house" a "home", one filled with love and laughter. Ask me anything and i will tell you with complete honesty. A beautiful Lady (both physically and emotionally!) who is strong, self-assured, independent, intelligent, witty, who likes to talk, cuddle, hold my hand, and be pampered and treated like a queen! A Lady who wants to be with me and be my partner, my friend, my lover and my confidant! A Lady who is not afraid to say what she feels but also willing to agree to disagree - never go to bed angry. I don't judge myself people judge me but i think i am a good looking man seeking a woman of my own choice and moving on with her till eternity if she is ready for me no head games don't like head games she who seeks me find good love in me. I am not a player, and all things considered, I want a one on one relationship and truly seek a life partner. I will admit, I am still hopeful that I can find that woman. Could she be you?
I want a woman who knows who she is because of her life experiences, be they good or bad and will not let those experiences interfere with a new relationship but make it better, from what was learned. One who can understand that all men are not the same and have a willingness to extend oneself beyond what they understand. Warmth and outward affection is a must and it should come easily and not be contrived. Passionate about life and their man would be a plus. You would be comfortable in dressing up or down and are adept a both. Being in good. You should be secure with who you are and have the ability to share a relationship and not be dominated by it. You should desire a relationship that will lead to MARRIAGE.
Well i will like to end here, hope you like reading my letter and cant wait to hear from you telling me about you also, am going to rest after then have some papers work to do again but i will soon come and check my email again because of you. By the way Ursula take good care of yourself. hope to read from you when am back.

I hope to hear from you soon

Win"

Then he started working on making me believe that I was the love of his life... blablabla... you all know that part. He was so extraordinary patient and finally I simply decided to let him persuade me. It felt so damn good! This guy was really good!

He even offered a webcamchat. Okay, the quality was very poor and there were these doubts: Hey, he seems to have gained a good amount of weight. Why is he black haired? A mustache? Good Lord! But he already had me in his pocket by that time, I have to assume. :(

I was able to take this schreenshot (dunno if it helps at all... but if we don't try, we cannot win, right?):

After he got me, he started to prepare me for the secret he wanted to tell me... made a big deal to get my word and I thought "oh my.... what comes next?" Then he sent this e-mail:

"How are you doing and your day? There is a secret i need to tell you and i would like you to keep it confidential, i wanted to tell you about it when i meet you in person but the circumstances has turned it around for me to tell you now.Over this period i have grown to love you and i believe i can trust you and i want you to keep this secret between us only.

i wanted to discuss with you. There is this prominent Gold merchant in Afghanistan second city of Kabul who is supporting this uprising against the government whom i rescued on one occasion that was the day i lost 2 of my soldiers, he was almost being assassinated by the government assassins. So after the rescue, he invited me to his palatial home where he led me to a store house full of boxes containing GOLD BARS and cash. Then he insisted that i take from the gold bars which i refused and he got angry and said because i saved his life and that of his family he really wants me to accept his gifts. Then he proceed and told his workers to carry 2 boxes to my car and gave me the combination to the boxes. So i thanked him and when i got to my office, i opened the boxes and discovered they contain 50Kilos of GOLD and cash of US DOLLARS amounting to $5,000 000(Five Million US DOLLARS) So that is what i wanted to tell you. This morning i was told one of my comrade invited Tony E Morgan the UN Diplomat to take his trunk box and deliver to Uk. I spoke with the Diplomat and ask him if he could collect my 2boxes and deliver it to you before my arrival because i was told i need to have a diplomatic license to enable me transfer boxes, which i don't have it. I want the boxes to leave Afghanistan so that people coming to my office will not start insinuating that i took bribe. Its because of the love i have for you and the fact that i want to settle down with you that is why i am confiding in telling you. I have never stolen before and i will not start now. I was only forced to receive this gifts. So i want you to trust me on this. So now i will start making arrangements for the box to leave Afghanistan so that it can be delivered to you.So now i want you to get back to me so that i can finalize with the UN delivery agent to get the boxes delivered to you for safe keeping before i come over,i will use the money to start a good investment so we will live together forever. I love you so much and i have already decided to spend the rest of my life with you.

Yours Win."

And then I made this stupid mistake:

Me: "Win. what the fu**???
You don't really want me to believe a single word!
Sounds like these stories we all heard from the nigeria-connection.
Would you please be so kind to say something???"
Win chris: "What makes you think am telling you stories
If you can't is better you tell me you can't. But you will not be there and be thinking am telling you something which is not true
If this stories will i be telling you now as am talking to you?"
Me: "Come on... these amounts are ridiculous! If you were in my shoes, could you easily handle that???"
Win chris: "With the true and the love i have for that is why am telling you"

And that was the story... more or less. He's still on Finya.de but doesn't read or answer my messages. I'm almost sure that it's only a question of time for him to delete this profile.

The real Major Haggard has my fullest compassion! For me, shame was over after only one week - he has to suffer this for years now!

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:34 am

anotherstupidblondie

Welcome to RS.
Unfortunately once again West African gangs hidden behind stolen photos or our military.
I am sorry for your money loss. Please do not call yourself stupid because they didn't announce they were cyber criminals hunting for cash. If you knew that you will never give them. They are masters in mind manipulations, horrible sociopaths and will go to extreme with their stories just to their best profit.

Too bad you didn't know not to confront them. It just serves the wrong purpose and they are only thankful for given lesson.
Please BLOCK and IGNORE do not wait for any messages from them. Right now they are very angry that they lost "mugu" and will try to hurt you electronically by infesting your devices with viruses. Also they may turn very nasty or try to lure you into recovery scams ( promise return your money) which could cost you dearly. We want you to be safe online.

anotherstupidblondie
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby anotherstupidblondie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you so much!

Well, for God's sake, I found out early enough and haven't spent money yet - and for sure will not do so in the future!

He is still there with a new chapter about the hard lief he had to suffer and the bright future the both of us are going to have together! *shakemyhead*

I will protect myself! Definitely! Although I have that anger in me that makes me want him to pay for what he does, I know I can't win. Organized criminality is a bit too big for me!

If ever this should come to real Major Chris Haggard's attention: Sir, you have my fullest compassion and I hope that you and your family are able to live a life in peace anyway!

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 pm

anotherstupidblondie

Thank you . I am glad you didn't loose any money :) .
The best way to win with them is to educate the public about romance scams.
We feel very sorry for innocent photo victims. They centrally don't deserve the cyber abuse :( .

nwskilady
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby nwskilady » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:27 am

HAGGARD

This guy post a Profile to Facebook today using this pic and another was a pic of him with a gun and another with Camels. profile name was Haggard John...a fake. I knew it. Did not answer my questions, etc did not know who was playing in the superbowl!! just beware.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:32 am

nwskilady

Do you happen to have his email address please?

coffee_lover
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby coffee_lover » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:48 am

well he's at it again. only it was 'roberto hack' was talking to me on facebook. seemed super nice. his fragmented words and improper grammar sent a signal that he was not likely a captain in the u.s. army. i looked closer at his pic and his patch said haggard... i downloaded his pic and did a google image search, which led me here.
here is what my last message to him said: mildly censored lol.
at some point in our conversation, i had a gut feeling that i should check you out. you wanna know what tipped me off? your shi**y grammar. you do not talk like a captain. yes i know that's what the man in the pic is. nice try asshole. but that isn't you! this scam has been going on with THIS picture for YEARS. maybe that's why i felt like i knew you. felt like i could talk to you. but i'm smarter than the average girl. you will never know if anything i told you was true. kindly f**k off now.

he promptly deleted his profile.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:04 am

Welcome to RS and thanks for the Update glad you did image research and lead here :) . But please next time dont argue with scammer. it will making the a better scammer. Let them fool and do a mistake dont correct their grammer, etc. ;)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Getting "his" emailaddress or fake phone number would have been worth a minute of chatting, right. Maybe next time ;)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Military scams”