It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Sgt. Ralph Edwards

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammer in GHANA true_blessing69@yahoo.com

Postby Pandora » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:10 pm

email address true_blessing69@yahoo.com

The beauty behind this pic is found on blackplanet.com
trust_smith
I am at a turning point in my life where I realize it is not what you got but who can share it with you. "Love doesn't make the world go round, it's love what makes the world worth living!" Fill your life with positive, intelligent, successful and generous people. You get what you give in life. Laugh a lot...smiling & singing...frowns cause wrinkles. I am happy and secure. I love adventure and learning about different cultures/travel. Drop me a line...let's see if we click. P.S. Ideally we'd all like to meet the right person who lives right down the street from us, but I am open to anyone from anywhere. Love has no borders.
NB: I am a christian and guided by my relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord so i want a lady of principles and values.
• Here For: Serious Dating
• Sex: Male
• Last Login: June 18
• Race: Black/African American
• Ethnicity: Ghanian
• Zodiac: Virgo

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:41 pm

pulse: Blessed, 62 - Male

CarolYoung54
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Michael swain, michswain@hotmail.co.uk

Postby CarolYoung54 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I think this is the same guy that has been chatting with me. He goes by Micheal Briggs, Lt. Micheal Briggs and says he is stationed in Afghanistan. He told me he is from Houston, Texas. His profile, for what little is on there, shows him to be 51 and he told me he has a 4 yr old daughter. That just didn't sound right. Today he said he had bad news...lol He said his daughter fell down a hill and is in the hospital. He said his ex sent him a letter and I said no mother would do that if it was serious. I think I made him mad cause I really didn't show any sympathy. I did ask him if he would be able to go home on emergency leave and he never answered me. He used the word babe a lot and I knew when he said he loved me after the first chat that this was most likely a scam. I also have asked numerous questions and he never answered them, only an "ok" with about 90% of whatever I said.

What really makes me mad is they are using our military personnel as bait for us now! It's one thing to use just any old face, but someone in uniform? That is not right.

CarolYoung54
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: ralph edwards ; ralphedwards003@hotmail.com

Postby CarolYoung54 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't keep anything because I got mad and deleted it all. I turned him into myspace for dating scams. I got his picture off the internet. He had told me he had an email, Lt.MichealBriggs@yahoo.com, but that never went through. It kept coming back that he didn't have an email account. I copied his picture from myspace.

The first message I got from him went something like I'm not a psychiatrist or therapist so if you are emotionally attached to your ex don't reply back. I figured with that type of opener he wasn't a scammer, but then when we first chatted right off he said he loved me and I knew then that he wasn't who he said he was. This was last week, on June 23, 2010. He said he was in Afghanistan, but was going on leave in August for 3 months, but then the next day he said he was going on leave this month, July 2010. I thought ok, he's getting caught up in his own lies. I didn't talk to him yesterday, but then this morning he said he had bad news and I knew where this was going. I didn't sympathize with him so I think it kind of made him mad. I should have turned him into Yahoo, but I deleted him before I thought about it and he has already denied me access to his profile. I guess he was online but showing offline to me when I sent him a nasty message about using me and using our military to bait us. I had already suspected him before today, I just needed him to do something to confirm this. He always used the word "babe" and "I love you". But, this is the same guy, same pictures and the way he chatted.

momofrats2005
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby momofrats2005 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:23 pm

HELLO ALL...AFTER FINDING THE SEEM TO BE REAL RALPH EDWARDS, I NOTIFIED HIM OF THE POENTIAL SCAM THAT WAS GOING ON INVOLVING HIS NAME. THE REAL PERSON IS IN AFGHANISTAN, HAS A FAMILY(MARRIED). I SENT THE FAKE RALPH EDWARDS THE FOLLOWING EMAIL WRITTEN BELOW AND I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM SINCE..........

.........................................................................................................................................
hello again
let me start by saying, i am a member of myspace, i found a profile of a guy whose also by the name of Edwards, he's in the military, HE has numerous pics on his sight. your profile picture is also one of his pictures on his myspace page. this guy on myspace is married and has all his military pictures posted. HE IS ONE OF OUR united states soilders. i googled ur name, that you have on mate1 dating site AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND, YOUR PROFILE PIC IS ALSO THE GUYS PIC ON MYSPACE AND MORE. THEIR'S A GOOD MAN OUT THERE, SERVING MY COUNTRY (USA)AND THIS MILITARY CAREER IS BEING USED IN A SCAM.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarolYoung54
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CarolYoung54 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 pm

To: momofrats2005

Thank you so much for what you did!! I tried to find the guy with the name I ended up with, but to no avail. You are the best and I'm glad you were able to take care of it. I e-mailed our Secret Service and gave them everything I could think of. These people need to be stopped one way or the other, it's another war we don't need along with the drug war!

Again thank you for your hard work!

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:32 pm

And what should happen now? The scammer will change all and he will get new details like set of pictures and email address .....and we do our work for nothing here :evil: He will get new victims and when they would google nothing will come up and we start our work again :cry:

You can't stop them because they use fake identity...we always say not to delete scammer profiles
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CarolYoung54
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CarolYoung54 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Also, I wasn't as nice as you, I could only im him and I cussed him out royal. He probably didn't care but it made me feel better. Awesome work you did, if anyone can think of any other place to write to for complaints about this type of thing, please let me know and I'll do it.

momofrats2005
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby momofrats2005 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:37 pm

I HONESTLY THINK THE FAKE RALPH EDWARDS STOLE THE REAL RAPLH EDWARDS IDENTITY FROM MYSPACE. THE GUY ON MYSPACE IS MARRIED AND HAVE LOTS OF MILITARY PICS OF HIS TIME IN AFGHANISTAN. THE FAKE MR EDWARDS CHOSE ONLY TO STEAL THE REAL GUYS PICS AND NO OTHERS. WELL I'M GLAD I GOOGLE SEARCHED HIS NAME BEFORE HE WENT ANY FURTHER. I AM SO FAMILIAR WITH THE SCAMMERS. THEY USE THE SAME SAD STORIES AND THE LANGUAGE IS A DEAD GIVE AWAY.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:41 pm

FINDING THE SEEM TO BE REAL RALPH EDWARDS
I doubt that. More likely than not you have only found another scammer with the same gallery.,
I SENT THE FAKE RALPH EDWARDS THE FOLLOWING EMAIL
You might want to notify the real military, they are a much better address to complain to than the scammer. He won´t xare. He might think "Hmm, what went wrong this time? I will just have to improve.". I mean, notifying a scammer you know he is one only makes him improve his "work".

About alerting the real military of scam-abused galleries, I wonder, should we, in the long run, potentially make a sticky topic with according addresses?

We have already one for to send fake UNHCR ID cards to.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

CarolYoung54
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CarolYoung54 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Trust me, from now on I will play along. I had no idea about this site until after I went off on him. My bad, but I looked for 3 days for a site with these pictures on it and finally did this morning. If I had known about this site I would have definitely helped out as much as I could. There will be another one some day and I will know to hold back my temper and play along. I am so sorry I blew it.

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:47 pm

I HONESTLY THINK THE FAKE RALPH EDWARDS STOLE THE REAL RAPLH EDWARDS IDENTY FROM MYSPACE
I know about the profile...but who knows real or not? profiles that could be real or maybe not, profiles that are not prooven scammer profiles we want not to post here...I had no proof real or not therefore I have not posted the profile. This is why we tell all our members to do a search with the scammers email address
THE GUY ON MYSPACE IS MARRIED AND HAVE LOTS OF MILITARY PICS
people that don't care about their pictures and post them on their profiles must be aware that their pictures could be stolen by scammer
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:59 pm

No worries, Carol :) it´s just one of these few things that we believe is helpful in exposing scammers and others that are less. I understand that the first reaction must be yelling, confrontation, showing them links etc. but we really discourage people to confront scammers, they have been known to threaten people and write them again and again and flash the phone 100 times a day for long times. Turning quietly away from is normally the best, even if perhaps little satisfying at first but in the long run it will be different. As soon as you see another poster coming and saying "hey, I know this scammer, too!", then you know you have helped someone by not destroying the scammer´s known hideout. :) This is how all big threads here have developed.
Hope you understand our reasoning :) we like scammers´ hideouts intact (and exposed!), not closed and the new ones unknown.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:55 pm

email address lt.michealbriggs@yahoo.com

also on MySpace (with the well-known pic)
Name: Micheal
Relationship: Single
Interested In: Details
Music: Bulletins
Zodiac: Leo
Intro: Who I'd like to meet:

also on Buzznet
Name: lt.michealbriggs
without pic

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:20 pm

I have a friend on my antiscammer profile, she was scammed by scammers and used this email address
capt.eddy69@gmail.com

http://www.myspace.com/539506782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt.
who's there?Stimmung: selbstbewusst selbstbewusstAm 17. Juni 2010
#
Capt. Gary
# 45 / Männlich(male)
# Basra, IQ
# Letztes Login(last login): 17.06.2010
Über mich(about me):
I'm simple and straightforward. I work almost almost all the time.
Wen ich gerne kennen lernen würde(I would like to know)
an honest person.

Details

* Orientierung: Schwul :-o :shock: (gay)
* Figur: 179 cm / Durchschnitt
* Abstammung: Weiß
* Sternzeichen: Zwilling
* Rauchen: Ja
* Beruf: Military

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

Return to “Military scams”