It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Sgt. Ralph Edwards

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Eddy Omaye, sgtpavelsedward212@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:05 pm

nicholastetteh@live.com
the email address of
red cross repersentative Nicholas Tetteh
in connection with Robin Edwards

found here http:/ /www.hotscams.com/articles/online-dating ... nt_id=5176
and what does FB tell us :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pro ... 0229118713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicholas Tetteh

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Nicholas Tetteh, the picture
Myra pls.............have mercy, you are giving me nightmares! :cry: :cry:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

Beenscammed1
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: caleb welbeck (caleb_loveu@hotmail.com)

Postby Beenscammed1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:23 pm

I have been contacted by a person who also calls himself Caleb Welbeck. He is on WooMe, his page on that dating site is: http://www.woome.com/calebf3846/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. His email he also uses is welbeck.caleb@yahoo.com. He sent me pictures of himself at that website and I checked out the header on the email and it is linked to Ghana.

Here is the header:

Received: from [41.218.198.99] by web120203.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 24 Nov 2010

He also claims to be in Iraq and coming home in a month.

Duplicate pics Deleted AN

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

John Edward - captjohnedward@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:16 pm

John Edward

captjohnedward@yahoo.com

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5449377027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John E

Junk Message
To:Me
Date:December 2, 2010 at 7:01pm
Subject:hi
I was browsing through profiles and i found yours very lovely what a profile you got there.Am john from tampa in fl.I will be very happy if you can add me to your messenger list because i dont come on here always God bless you as you do so.............captjohnedward@yahoo.com
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

Lygia
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

davis coleman <daviscoleman2@hotmail.com

Postby Lygia » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 pm

profile at neu.de "armylove100" :roll:
Gülstorf, Germany
49 years old
searching for a woman aged 40-80

"Hello my name is Davis Ralph Edwards :thinking: and i am in the U.S Army in and i heard of this site and i want to come on here and see if i can find a good German woman that i can share the rest of my life with and also the woman that will understand me ... so if you think that is okay with you then you can add me on (daviscoleman2@hotmail.com) so that we can get to know each other that well because you will never know what can happen between us anyway i will be looking forward to hear from and also i think i like every thing that you said about your self in your profile so please write me back and lets get connected okay ....hope to hear from you sooon..
Davis"

"Hello XXX,
I am soo glad to have this mail from you and also this mails tells me how serious a woman that you are also not in for games .....anyway i am also in the U.S Army based in Iraq now and i am from Colorado in the U.S.A and this is the first time that i am doing this online dating because it was my friend that told me about it because he met his wife on this meetic web page, so that is why i also came on here so i am so new on here and this is my first time i just sign up in about 30 minutes ago but seeing you i was soo happy and i like the way that you look and also wanted to know you that well .....anyway i am a single man and i have been for 5years now and i have no children i lost the woman that i wanted to marry some years back she was killed by cancer so that is why i am single and after that time i have not dated any other woman for all this years ....so all my friends told me that this is the time that i need to take a step and see what God has for me and may be a find me another good woman again in my life .... I also told my self that i will go for an European woman and thats why i came on this site but i don't know this but when i saw you i was soo happy i like the way you look because you look just like my dead wife ...so you can feel free and ask me all that you will like to know about me and also know that i will like to know your Hobbies and also what you do at your free times and also i will also like to have some pictures of you too ok....i also think that it will be soo nice if we can chat on hotmail too if you have messenger ok...
I really wanna know you and every thing about you so just write me back and add some pictures of your self to it okay i will be looking forward to hear from you soon okay ..
Lots of kisses and hugs
Davis"
[66.118.142.50] United States, Tampa

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:24 pm

daviscoleman2@hotmail.com
also uses
daviscoleman2@yahoo.com

http://pulse.yahoo.com/_HYQHXJD7NOCTLB6DIJTMCATQHA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Davis, Male - Tampa, Florida

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:25 pm

daviscoleman2@yahoo.com

for BP profile see
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=28288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 pm

for MS profile see
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 50&t=33338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

emmabee
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby emmabee » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 am

I am being scammed as we speak by a Ralph Edwards e- mail wounded lion_inhell@yahoo.com
I had to use western union and moneygram..only got suspicious when he went too far with the lying even for some one as stupid as I have been.

I am absolutely heartbroken and have given the man an awful lot of money. I cannot believe how naive I've been. I am financially in a lot of trouble now. I just completely fell for the whole story- i only googled him today after i sent so much money- my mum even got roped in because I believed in him so much. I've felt increasingly sick as I've scrolled down these pages- what a wicked wicked person.
He did the thing where he was only on the dating site for 12 hours or so...told me a real sad story about his childhood etc. i wont go on-its an amalgamation of everyone else's story...

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:47 am

Hello and welcome emmabee. I'm so sorry you were scammed, and please don't think yourself stupid. Until it happens to us or someone we know, the idea of being scammed just never occurs to most people. Scammers take our honest, decent and compassionate natures as weaknesses ... and they exploit them to their own benefit. It has nothing at all to do with intelligence.

Please provide as much info as you can about this scammer -- photos, phone numbers, names of associates and receivers of western union transfers, email headers and/or ip address, and also some samples of his writing. Your welcome pm will guide you through if you have any questions. Your scammer should be under his own separate topic but if you find all this a bit overwhelming, just put it all here and we can have a moderator move it later.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

emmabee
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby emmabee » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: staff sergeant Ralph Edwards woundedlion_in hell@yahoo.com

First he wanted money to apply for an emergency leave- he told me he was in Afghanistan, Helmand. He had fallen in love with a Philippine woman 21 years ago and they had a child together. Apparently she was screwing around on him, but still he took her back- then she left him. Since then he has only casual affairs.. until he fell in love me...he declared his love within 4 days..he'd already worked into the conversation that his bank account was frozen in the US- because he had no next of kin- his brother James had been killed in Iraq 4 years ago. He and his brother were born of German parents, his father moved them to the US and was murdered by his mistress' jealous lover..left for dead in the snow :mrgreen: the military is the only home he's ever known, and now i would be the only home he'd ever known..
so i got roped in to the whole applying for leave story- that was $500 western union- i got e-mails headed 'Department of Defense' and was dealt with by a Lt General David Howell Petraeus.
then i had to send flight fees plus insurance because of his frozen bank account $3500, then had to send money to get his replacement back from leave in Australia so he could leave..
how the hell did i fall for this?! its humiliating...
so then he told me he'd be flying from Kabul to Melbourne and then Melbourne to Heathrow- to expect his call from Melborne with his flight details... the next day I got a call from a Major Kamiel telling me Ralph had been arrested for trying to bring diamonds through customs without declaring them and there needed to be paid $8000 odd dollars..

the first delegate I had to send money was a Irisi Timmerman' in Belgium, then all the rest were to a 'Olakunde Ayotunde in Nigeria. Then i also had a phone call or 2 from a courier company- he had apparently also sent a package of more diamonds and they'd been sent on to Australia too to where he was being detained...once the commission on this was paid he'd be free...but i couldnt get the money- he said he'd comt to a deal with Major Kamiel- they would share the diamonds and half the customs...so then i took loan out to find that.... thenMajor Kamiel was going thro a divorce and his bank account was frozen, then i borrowed money from my mum to pay the majors half too, then the major was off sick with being diagnosed with cancer- and it was only then i got suspicious- unfortunately- now he's telling me he's being released but will be court martialed anyway- thinking he's fishing for solicitors fees....
there are 2 images he sent me that i havent seen here-

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

sgtedwardfedric@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:35 pm

sgtedwardfedric@yahoo.com

http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=3322362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Edwards
Male, 50 Years Old
From Everett, WA

Hello pretty lady how are you doing today......you looking gorgeous can I have a chat with you?

glad to hear back from you......am on sgtedwardfedric@yahoo.com you should add me and looking forward to chat with you

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 am

welbeck.caleb@yahoo.com from topic
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 38#p174238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yahoo avatar leads to this thread

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

jonedd99@yahoo.com

Postby janex69 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:15 pm

jonedd99@yahoo.com

http://www.saymehi .com/profile.php?ID=55365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jon1z
- 48 y/o male
- Los Angeles, Albania :mrgreen:
i am loving,god fearing :twisted: ,honest and a loyal man who is full of fan and love to make people around me appreciate the essence of loving each other.
my ideal match would be a woman who would love me the way i am ,be god fearing :twisted: ,honest and loyal to our love.and what tops it all is a woman who would respect the love we both share.

Junk Messages

hi i'm edwards i just joined,i browsed your profile and wanted to know you better.if you will like to chat.take care

hello i just received your message and am sorry i kept you up with my email anyway i would like to chat with you to as well and get to know more so this is my
email: jonedd99@yahoo.com
so you could add me on this mail and if possible send me a mail with pictures of you okay.hope to hear from you soon,take care and be good
LOVE EDWARD

denisems
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby denisems » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:44 am

Hey everyone,

I just found our friend on Seniorpeople.com He is using the name mastermind20. Same pics as before. I wrote the site and asked them to remove him.

Good luck

Return to “Military scams”