It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
CielU
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

Postby CielU » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:08 am

I think I’ve met with the same guy… That is, I’ve gotten looong mails from a supposedly US officer presently deployed in Afghanistan.
Long love letters, but with some strange typos and capitaltizations, and lots and lots of talk of God (God is great etc.), kinda reminds me of Muslims (the stereotype of the "devout Muslim" [no slurs intended, it’s just it doesen’t seem in character with an American officer type]).
Got some pictures, and in one of them, it’s exactly like the ones I’ve found here, the one where he stands with his arms crossed. Exact same way he has his fingers, and there’s a vein on his R hand that stands out, that’s clearly the same.
It was his last mail that made me suspicious:
"Richard Hannett

6. apr. 2019, 07:44 (for 2 døgn siden)

til meg

Oversett e-posten
Slå av for: engelsk
Hi, dear, Thank you for the picture, You so look pretty, and i admire you for that... I'm sorry to make you worry about me that way; the Activities of my work and the growing attacks of the bad guys kept me occupied with lots of work to do. How are you doing today and I hope you do well and also in good condition. There is something that I would like to tell you that is good news for us; My retirement has been approved and this means that I will be coming to meet you soon at any moment when I'm finally relieved from active duty. The senior commanding general made the announcement this morning and luckily I will be among the next batch of officers to receive retirement approval and be relieved of active duties. On Thursday, all retiring officers will be going to Central Damascus, Syria, for our final psychological evaluation before final relieve, and I'm going to travel with a lot of my luggage which are not to be safe. So I have been thinking and I have decided that it would be best for me to send over my Luggage to you containing my personal belongings which I will need when I arrive in Norway because I can't carry all along with me to the Psychological evaluations, it's not safe there either. It will be delivered to your home address in Norway, Ciel you will keep it safe for me and wait for my arrival. I need to let you know that I'm serious when I told you about my intention to spend the rest of my life with you, to spend a pleasant time together and take a collective decision on how to spend the rest of our life together. I need your full name as it is on your ID, home address, and mobile phone number; Send them to my email now. I also need you to keep me in your constant prayers and tell me about the international airport that is near your city. Take care of yourself and always stay safe...."
The bit about the full name etc.: A Google search on me gived my phone# and address on Yellow Pages, and a Goolg.e search on international airports around Oslo leads you to Oslo Airport Gardermon (OSL) pretty quick…
I also got contacted on Google Hangouts. He once sent med four pictures, I’ve traced two of them to belong to a reak Richard Hannett in USA, in New York (on FB, but his profile is empty except for a bunch of pictures, one of them of the guy with the dogs, with no friends, no likes, no nothing, so that may well be fake, too…
I never answered his last mail, and haven’t heard from him since April 6th.
His mail address is richardhannett7007@gmail.com. He’s also on Instagram (that’s where he found me first…).
I’ll look into the links posted here about scammers using his name. Thanks!
And look out for love letters from this fake Richard Hannett! :P

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Gabriella
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gabriella » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:06 pm

i found Emanuel Amoako using Gordon Hannetts picture on FB. HE GOT AN NEW SIDE ON FB AND MESSENGER.
ALSO WAS ON INSTAGRAM ALL GORDON HANNETTS PICS.I REPORTET ALL NAMES in here .ARE DELETE THERE ALSO HIM . I CALL HIM MANU. IS THE wORST SCAMMER i ever seen. He never give up.and this since many years
.i only GOT a Code He change his number.

https://www.facebook.com/RashidMannyLalmoingueJunior

on the rigth side is Emmanuel Amoako
He May still is on instagram for me He is blockt up.please check.

jaga
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Rose Miller - rosemiller554@gmail.com, MALE

Postby jaga » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:18 pm

split from:
https://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewt ... 08#p585127
Rosemiller554@gmail.com
29 y.o. • Aquarius
United States, Texas
Woman • Straight
About
Am rose single lady looking for serious relationship
Hangout avatar

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bix » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:48 am

i found Emanuel Amoako using Gordon Hannetts picture on FB. HE GOT AN NEW SIDE ON FB AND MESSENGER.
ALSO WAS ON INSTAGRAM ALL GORDON HANNETTS PICS.I REPORTET ALL NAMES in here .ARE DELETE THERE ALSO HIM . I CALL HIM MANU. IS THE wORST SCAMMER i ever seen. He never give up.and this since many years
.i only GOT a Code He change his number.

https://www.facebook.com/RashidMannyLalmoingueJunior
Mugu is still at it. :evil: Showing his ill-gotten gains.

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Return to “Military scams”