It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hunter_hunted » Sat May 29, 2010 11:49 am

pictures are stolen from Lt Col Gordon Hannett
UPDATE: Now promoted to Lieutenant Colonel! Congratulations, Gordon, with a promotion!!

http:/ /www.datemefree .org/profile.php?ID=143851

gerrybrown1960
- 45 y/o male
- California, USA
- English, English, English
- Military
- Have no children

Date of birth 1965 - February - 2
Height 5'4" - 5'7" (161-170cm)
Body type Average
Ethnicity Caucasian
Religion Christian
Marital status Single
Education BA/BS (4 years college)
Smoker No
Drinker No

Details of the person you are looking for

I look for a female
Looking for an age range 35 - 75
Relationship Friendship, Relationship, Casual

Description:
I am Gerry Brown ,45 years old...US Military( army) Officer based in Baghdad, Iraq; I am a straight, regular Army man, who needs an honest,trust,caring, nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 30 and above from any race or Country...

Ideal match description:
Looking for a long term relationship with a woman who is caring,faithful,loving,honest,great sense of honor..She must be at least 30 and above from any race or Country...

-------- Message ------------------------------------------------
Sweetheart, I am Gerry Brown ,45 years old... US Military( army) Officer based in Baghdad, Iraq; I am a straight, regular Army man, who needs an honest,trustworthy,caring, nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 30 and above from any race or Country...Because of the nature and pressure of my work as a Staff Sgt., I am not able to chat as often as I would like...Most of my time as you would understand is devoted to military duties, round the clock... I would therefore appreciate it if you could send me your email address so that I can write to you when time permits and you can reply at your convenience. I shall send you my photo album as soon as I receive your private email address. Please send your email address to my private email as follows: gerrybrown1965@yahoo.com All my regards, Gerry Brown

Last edited by Igulinka on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: gerry brown; <gerrybrown1965@yahoo.com>

Postby hunter_hunted » Sat May 29, 2010 3:38 pm

X-Originating-IP: [41.218.246.46] accra, ghana

Sweetheart,
First, I want to explain my job in a simple manner so that you understand(maybe this asshole thinks that i am stupid.. :twisted: ). A Staff Sergeant is the Boss of all Noncoms (Non commissioned Officers), and acts as the bridge between the Officer Corps (from Lieutenants up and Lower level Soldiers starting from Drill Sergeants etc. The staff sergeant will often have one or more sergeants who work under his direct leadership. The staff sergeant is responsible for their continued successful development as well as that of other soldiers in the section, squad or team. If Noncoms are “The Backbone” of the Army, then staff sergeants are the elements of which backbones are made. The complexities of the job of the staff sergeant increases as the responsibilities broaden. The staff sergeant’s professional competence is measured by how well the staff sergeant develops, maintains and uses the full range of human potential of his soldiers. The staff sergeant’s success, more than any other grade of the NCO rank, leads the path to the Army’s success, and the footprints you will see behind those of our greatest military leaders are probably those of a staff sergeant, where he stood confident, proud and eager to assist. My Job could be likened to that of a foreman/Supervisor in a large Corporation.
I came to Iraq in June 2003; I have had 4 tours of 12 months each and 1 tour of 15 months (my current which will end in July 2010).

I love my job. A Soldier’s job is to kill the enemy. But a Good Staff Sergeant must work hard to save lives… His Soldiers’ lives! He does that by giving the raw recruit the best training and equipment that the US Army can provide. My saddest moment is when I have to prepare body bags for the final journey home…

Many aspects of my job are classified and therefore I cannot discuss troop dispositions, strengths, locations, assignments, etc. But I can discuss a broad range of topics regarding the US Military in Iraq ; please feel free to pose any questions.

Please see attached my photo album. I hope you will send me yours? I will appreciate it. Because of the nature and pressure of my work as a Staff Sgt., I am not able to chat as often as I would like...Most of my time as you would understand is devoted to military duties, round the clock... I will also appreciate your emails. These will more than help to keep my spirit up, in a war zone which is most stressful, and downright boring.

I will look forward to your reply. Please tell me as much of yourself as you possibly can. Please write me a long email! Next, I will write you about my background and how I came to join the US Army…

Finally the demands of my job as a Staff Sgt. in a war zone ( Iraq ), require 100% attention to my military duties. Even when I am online, most times, I am exchanging routine military data with my Commanding Officers. I point this out because you might wonder why I do not chat with you even when I am clearly visible online…
In order to bridge this gap, I respectfully request your mobile phone (NOT land based telephone) so that I can send you text messages whenever time permits. Please kindly send your mobile line in a complete format, starting with +Country code plus mobile line. I pledge as an officer and a gentleman that I will never abuse your mobile (cell) phone.

All my love,
Gerry Brown
Multinational Force, Baghdad , Iraq

Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:46 am

I got the same crap from this pest: same format and pictures. Interesting header though, a bit different from yours:

X-Originating-IP: [41.218.242.217]
Sender: <gerrybrown1965b@hotmail.com>

he gave me email gerrybrown1965b@hotmail.com, that's where I wrote, but apparently he wants replies to be delivered to gerrybrown1965@gmail.com :thinking:

His next format:

Sweetheart,
As promised, I have decided to give you details of my background.
I was born on 2nd February, 1965, in Los Angeles. I was one of a family of 5. My Father and Mother worked in the US State Department, and that was how I was uprooted immediately after Grade School, first to far away Australia, and then to London, UK, where I spent most of my childhood and teen years. My parents are now retired and currently live in London, where they have long made their “home”.

In February 1985, after my 20th birthday, I informed my father that I wanted to join the US Army, and he did not hesitate. I had my basic Army training at the NTC facility at Fort Irwin, California. After my training, I remained in the US, and in 2003, I was deployed to Iraq. It was my first military duty tour abroad, and I was very excited to be in the vanguard of those sent to bring down the international bad man, Saddam Hussein. In the beginning, it was a straight forward military assignment, and the objective of capturing Saddam Hussein was met and his regime overthrown.

Then the US embarked on Iraqi nation building and that was when it went sour. More US troops have been killed by the insurgent activities of the many terrorist groups in Iraq, notably the Al Qaida. IEDs( Improvised explosive devices) also known as road side bombs have been responsible for over 50% of US military casualties, more than we lost during the actual war! There is currently a draw down of troops who are sent home and then redeployed to Afghanistan. According to the Army bulletin, All US troops (minus a few divisions who will take care of our Embassy and other Assets) will leave Iraq by end of 2011.

Because of security reasons, I am reluctant to discuss my job details in Iraq, but believe me, it is a pressure cooker! I may be 45, but I feel 60 years at 2300 hours each day. But I am doing my duty, and as a patriotic American, I signed on to defend my Country! So, like any old Soldier, I live for the moment, and proudly American!
In 1997, while on a routine military training in Fort Bragg, NC, I met and fell in love with my wife Sandy, a British Au Pair with great family values. But it was not to be. The marriage lasted 4 years, and in 2001, she divorced me and got custody of my twin boys; I got visitation rights though, and I know in my heart, the boys will join the US Army, at the proper time.
You can therefore understand that I was a bit relieved to ship out to war in Iraq, in 2003… but now, I feel so lonely and at times almost heartbroken… Because there is a great void in my life, which only a good woman can fill… I need you in my life! I want you in my life! I desire you in my life!
I understand that I am not doing a great job in my current attempt at courtship. This is because I have almost a 24 hour job in Iraq, and because duty comes first, I cannot devote time to chat with you and get to know you better… My current duty tour will end in early July, and it is my intention to travel to meet you…Please do not, for a moment, think that I am taking you for granted; IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE MY FATE NOW! DO YOU WANT ME IN YOUR LIFE? I need to know, one way or another so that I start making travel arrangements, or lick my wounds… Please, Sweetheart, reply now!

All my love,

Gerry Brown
Multinational Force, Baghdad, Iraq

Format #3:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

panama61
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby panama61 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:28 pm

I got the same thing from this guy

Sweetheart,
I am Gerry Brown ,45 years old... US Military( army) Officer based in Baghdad, Iraq; I am a straight, regular Army man, who needs an honest,trustworthy,caring, nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 40 and above from any race or Country...Because of the nature and pressure of my work as a Staff Sgt., I am not able to chat as often as I would like...Most of my time as you would understand is devoted to military duties, round the clock...
Please send me your cell / mobile phone number so that I can send you text messages because I do not have time to chat all day, because of my army duties...Send me your descriptions include pics of you to my g-mail as well,if you don't mind..

I shall send you my photo album as soon as I receive a reply from your private email address (not the dating site address). Please send your email to my private g-mail as follows:
gerrybrown1900@gmail.com

All my regards,
Gerry Brown
Email: gerrybrown1900@gmail.com

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:41 am

he is scamming on 4ppl now, as gerrybrown00, same pictures

Sweetheart,
I am Gerry Brown ,45 years old... US Military( army) Officer based in Baghdad, Iraq; I am a straight, regular Army man, who needs an honest,trustworthy,caring, nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 30 and above from any race or Country...Because of the nature and pressure of my work as a Staff Sgt., I am not able to chat as often as I would like...Most of my time as you would understand is devoted to military duties, round the clock...
Please send me your cell / mobile phone number so that I can send you text messages because I do not have time to chat all day, because of my army duties...Send me your descriptions include pics of you to my g-mail as well,if you don't mind..

I shall send you my photo album as soon as I receive a reply from your private email address (not the dating site address). Please send your email to my private g-mail as follows:
gerrybrown1900@gmail.com

All my regards,
Gerry Brown
Email: gerrybrown1900@gmail.com
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:51 am

hi5
Gerry Brown
BD: Feb 2
Intro:
I am a straight, regular Army man who needs an honest,trustworthy,caring, nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 30 and above from any race or Country.Gerry Brown

Pic as usual

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:59 am

http://www.myspace.com/537411121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gerry
Gerry Brown
45/Male
LA, CA, US
Logged: 06/01/2010

Profile:
I am Gerry Brown ,45 years old...US Military( army) Officer based in Baghdad, Iraq; I am a straight, regular Army man, who needs an honest,trust,caring, nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 30 and above from any race or Country...
Looking for a real ,honest,trust,caring nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 40 at above from any race or Country...

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Nono, that is perfectly fine, since it is related to a scammer who has taken advantage of the same innocent man´s photo gallery.

You might want to read in the Important Information forum first. It contains info how to recognize scammers in short form.
And thousands of examples you can find in all the other sections.

So, after a few weeks, I am sure you would recognize scam signs very easily. You might not imagine that right now but I´m sure you will, after some education on how scams work. Welcome.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:55 pm

You are welcome :-o would you have expected something different? It took 12 minutes though ;)

Can you post "your" scammer´s phone number and email IPs (see Welcome PM what an "email headers" is and how to get them - it´s easy once one has learnt it)? The latter will hopefully prove you that your scammer is in fact writing from (mos tlikely scenario) Nigeria.

Oh, and the payment details he might have given you. Everything helps.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

minniemouse
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby minniemouse » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi Again. I am so sorry for replying so late. I read some of tips to know if I am dealing with scammer that I have learned from this site. Hopefully, I will be on the right track soon after I have read anything here.

Below is the exact message that he has sent me. I did not post the pictures anymore because it is exactly the same.

From Gerry Brown Sun Jun 27 16:47:29 2010
X-Apparently-To:
Return-Path: <gerrybrown1965g@hotmail.com>
X-Originating-IP: [41.218.236.248]
From: Gerry Brown <gerrybrown1965@yahoo.com> Add sender to Contacts
Sender: <gerrybrown1965g@hotmail.com>
Subject: Message from Gerry Brown : Mobile / Cell phone number

Sweetheart,

Because of the fact that I am a serving military Officer, I had to use an assumed name to register at the dating site. My real name is GERRY BROWN. Sorry about any inconveniences.

First, I want to explain my job in a simple manner so that you understand. A Staff Sergeant is the Boss of all Noncoms (Non commissioned Officers), and acts as the bridge between the Officer Corps (from Lieutenants up and Lower level Soldiers starting from Drill Sergeants etc. The staff sergeant will often have one or more sergeants who work under his direct leadership. The staff sergeant is responsible for their continued successful development as well as that of other soldiers in the section, squad or team. If Noncoms are “The Backbone” of the Army, then staff sergeants are the elements of which backbones are made. The complexities of the job of the staff sergeant increases as the responsibilities broaden. The staff sergeant’s professional competence is measured by how well the staff sergeant develops, maintains and uses the full range of human potential of his soldiers. The staff sergeant’s success, more than any other grade of the NCO rank, leads the path to the Army’s success, and the footprints you will see behind those of our greatest military leaders are probably those of a staff sergeant, where he stood confident, proud and eager to assist. My Job could be likened to that of a foreman/Supervisor in a large Corporation.

I came to Iraq in June 2003; I have had 4 tours of 12 months each and 1 tour of 15 months (my current which will end in July 2010).

I love my job. A Soldier’s job is to kill the enemy. But a Good Staff Sergeant must work hard to save lives… His Soldiers’ lives! He does that by giving the raw recruit the best training and equipment that the US Army can provide. My saddest moment is when I have to prepare body bags for the final journey home…

Many aspects of my job are classified and therefore I cannot discuss troop dispositions, strengths, locations, assignments, etc. But I can discuss a broad range of topics regarding the US Military in Iraq ; please feel free to pose any questions.

Please see attached my photo album. I hope you will send me yours? I will appreciate it. Because of the nature and pressure of my work as a Staff Sgt., I am not able to chat as often as I would like...Most of my time as you would understand is devoted to military duties, round the clock... I will also appreciate your emails. These will more than help to keep my spirit up, in a war zone which is most stressful, and downright boring.

I will look forward to your reply. Please tell me as much of yourself as you possibly can. Please write me a long email! Next, I will write you about my background and how I came to join the US Army…

Finally the demands of my job as a Staff Sgt. in a war zone ( Iraq ), require 100% attention to my military duties. Even when I am online, most times, I am exchanging routine military data with my Commanding Officers. I point this out because you might wonder why I do not chat with you even when I am clearly visible online…
In order to bridge this gap, I respectfully request your mobile phone (NOT land based telephone) so that I can send you text messages whenever time permits. Please kindly send your mobile line in a complete format, starting with +Country code plus mobile line. I pledge as an officer and a gentleman that I will never abuse your mobile (cell) phone.

All my love,

Gerry Brown

Multinational Force, Baghdad , Iraq

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Fantastic :) Putting the header into the tool and we get 41.218.236.248 Ghana (Accra)
So I got it half-right.

So the "Iraq soldier" is busy in a Ghana internet cafe.

minniemouse
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby minniemouse » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks again. I hope you don't mind. How did you get accra ghana? I'm kinda impressed. Wow! I just wanted to trace someone who offered me to help me process my visa in US (this is different person though). But when I told him to visit me here in my country and let we see how far our chat will grow, he told me that I do not trust him and maybe that I have already someone who will assist me. To be honest, he somehow hooked me on that because I wanted to work and live in the US legally. He told me how much will I be needing to process my papers but I opted him not to give me any money...that I will try my best to spend my own money. I told him those because I'm puzzled and surprised because we only had 3 days of chat and he immediately offered me the big help. I am afraid because I have sent him my scanned passport. Will there be any ways that he can do with my scanned passport?

Of course, I do not want to put his identity here because I know for a fact that everything that has been posted here will be no longer deleted.

Please help.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 am

Every single sentence of yours shows your complete inexperience :( makes one wonder if we will ever achieve anything.
Read the Important Information section.
Do not send money.

I have no patience anymore for people who want the whole forum explained just for themselves because they have no single quarter of an hour to spare to read any bloody random thread here.

Are you aware that, by willingly holding back scammer´s information, you are supporting the scammer scamming dozens of other women this very moment? :(

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 am

gerrybrown1965@yahoo.com

on the German site Greek date
with the pic already posted by H_H

gerrybrown1965
new member since Monday 19, April 2010.
Description: I am a straight, regular Army Guy, who needs a nice woman to call my own. She must be at least 30 and above, from any race or Country

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 am

with the same pic found on ht tp:/ /militaryspot.net/gerrybrown1965
Male
45 years old
BAGHDAD
Iraq
Profile Views: 15