It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Maxwell Brown, maxwell20070@hotmail.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: Gary dickey <gary.dickey5744@gmail.com>

Postby minerva » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Welcome to RS and thanks for the update. :) I hope you already stop communicated with him and block him.
Well you not a fool, you just did not inform bout this scam and you not a lone in this matter. Lot member here ever in the same situation like yours.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Re: Gary dickey <gary.dickey5744@gmail.com>

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

mislead
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Maxwell Brown, maxwell20070@hotmail.com

Postby mislead » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:13 pm

This man is sick. He done me the same way.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Welcome to RS please post any info that you have bout him ;)

maxtruth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby maxtruth » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:38 am

Hello,this is the best website ever !!!!!!!! This guy so calls himself Mark Dickey tries to scam me to!!!! He said he has a Son that looks nothing like the boy standing in the picture on this website...... He is a very smooth talker,but for some reason I had to run an image search on all the pictures he sent me .AND WOW, did this sight pop up with more pictures of the identical guy........He even wanted me to send money for his son's school next week. I'm no fool and I am glad i found out for myself before he thought he could scam me...... He doesn't even know I am on to his stupid games. And I will not tell him either............THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST !!!!!!!!!!!!

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:21 am

Glad you found out earlier and this post safe you :) Welcome to RS :) thanks for the update. Feel free to post all info about him such as his new email ID that he used to communicated with you, his recent pics, email texts with money request, phone number, etc. All info will we using to safe other and future research.

wings
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby wings » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am

Stephen D http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=6039573883

Last Active: Online now!
Profile Views: 153 times
Profile Skin: Default
Tagline: Am new on here......stephen dickey533 at gmail . com <<<<EMAIL POSTED ON PROFILE PAGE
Relationship Status: Single
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Catholic
Orientation: Straight
About Me
About Me: I am a very open minded person, someone who accepts people as they are, I am a fair individual who adapts to changes in life and enjoys life to the fullest,and looking to meet a woman that i can spend the rest of my life with in good times and in bad times as well, A woman that I can love and cherished with all my whole being and heart and I pray to God almighty that he will provide me with that kind of a woman someday in my life.I'm pride of myself in being honest and most trustworthy, I seek that in a mate, someone who is compassionate yet understanding who has a calm behavior and a great personality.I am looking for a partner and a lover and best friend who I can share the most intimate dreams with. A well rounded individual and a spiritual person.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

dave_dickey <dave_dickey@yahoo.com>

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi There....
Subject: Hi There....

Hi this is Dave from Mingle2 and am mailing you to see if this email thing will work out so kindly reply me back to let me know if you have gotten my mail

=> m2; Hi how are you doing today? I'm Dave and am new here looking for a serious relationship with someone i can spend the rest of my life with, someone who is loving, caring, honest and faithful to spend the rest of my life with, i came across your profile and its very interesting to me and i will like to know more about you to see if this will work out for both of us...Kindly reply me to know more about each other better...
Oh okay that will be good as i will also like to know more about you more to see where this will lead us to..Give me your email address so that i can email you for us to talk there if you dont mind
Mine is dave_dickey@yahoo.com
I just email you so kindly reply me to let me know if you have gotten my mail

KindLove50012 "Looking for my charming queen..."
52 year old man from Ashburn, Virginia Looking for woman for relationship Last seen within the last day

I am a very open minded person, someone who accepts people as they are, I am a fair individual who adapts to changes in life and enjoys life to the fullest, and looking to meet a woman that i can spend the rest of my life with in good times and in bad times as well, woman that I can love and cherished with all my whole being and heart and I pray to God almighty that he will provide me with that kind of a woman someday in my life....

Widowed
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: dave_dickey <dave_dickey@yahoo.com>

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm

So tell me more about you and what you looking for in a man too..
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

ussblade
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ussblade » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 pm

This dick also tried to get my ex. Started communicating via facebook, then went on to text. He is a VERY smooth talker. According to my ex, he is like every womans fantasy. That got me to thinking, so i did a reverse image search that i got from his facebook page, and it led me to this site.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 61&fref=ts
He is going by the name Dickey Thomas Sr.
Born in Houston Texas, But resides somewhere in Florida (yeah right)
Supposedly based in afghanastan, once again, yeah right
Supposed to be getting out of the military in June

I showed my ex this thread, and there are ALOT of the pictures that are the same, as well as how he approaches the women, and how he keeps them enthralled. He actually claimed his base got attacked, and his lifelong best friend died right beside him. Guess he did that to tug on the ol heart strings.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Welcome to RS :) please post his phone number or email ID ?

ussblade
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ussblade » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:48 pm

She hasn't gotten an e-mail, and doesnt want to give me his number. This has been going on for a while, but so far, he hasnt asked her for anything. She knows he is a scammer now, and just playing along to see where it goes. Her guard is now up.

heartbrokeninfl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby heartbrokeninfl » Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 am

This guy is also going by the name Timothy Conley Dickey. Sent me a friend request on Facebook. Next thing I know, he was messaging me, telling me he thought i was beautiful. He was the sweetest guy in the world. Always knew the right thing to say. Was single, because he caught his ex wife cheating on him. He has a son, who is 8, and a daughter, who died when she was 4, and just never wanted to talk about her. Both parents were dead. Said he was born in Tennessee, but now lived in Florida. Wanted to marry me almost immediately. Says he is on a top secret mission in Afghanistan. He is big into jewelry. Has access to ALOT of jewelry, and even gold bars. Wants to open a jewelry store when he gets out of the army. Professed his love to me every time we spoke. Had all these big plans for us. Owns properties where we were going to live. Going to give me the wedding of my dreams. He seemed like the perfect guy. Not much broken english at all. He did not want me to tell anyone of our relationship until he got home. We even sexted through messenger and text messaging quite a few times. He had official paperwork that He wanted me to hold, but it had to be paid for at customs, and a guy named Eric Turkson was the guy i was corresponding with. I ended up paying $5000 to get these documents through customs via moneygram. It took him almost two months to ask for money. If he would have asked immediately, or not long after we started talking, I would not have fallen for it. I was supposed to meet Eric at the airport. Never showed. Neither did Timothy. I finally spoke to a friend, because my heart was broken. They told me I was more then likely scammed. Taught me how to do a picture search, and that lead me to this site. He is still out there working, and getting women like me to fall in love with him, just to get money out of them. He is still using all of the pictures you see here. He said he couldnt skype because with his mission, it wasnt allowed. Never really wanted to talk on the phone. The few times I did talk to him on the phone, sounded like he was on speakerphone, and had an accent, i just couldnt place where. I guess i know now. We were never on the phone for very long, and wanted to go back to facebook messaging, or texting.

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.conleydickey
321-257-8867

An email from the eric guy.

Eric Turkson <ericturkson198@yahoo.com>
Apr 17

Hello Mrs Dickey
I am Eric turkson an agent and diplomat working on your husbands Gold package that's to be sent to you as the second beneficiary before he gets home. I need you to confirm the combination of the registration code to the package before we can start business and begin with processing all the documents you need to get the package to your destination. Looking foward to your quick response. Thank you.

All seemed legit, so I went ahead with everything. Well, I was wrong, now I am out $5000, and heartbroken, and mad, all at the same time. I Just hope this message gets to others before he gets somebody else. I never emailed Timothy directly, so I dont have his email.

Hopefully this helps someone else, before they get taken.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Timothy Conley Dickey - ericturkson198@yahoo.com, (321) 257-8867

Postby Igulinka » Mon May 16, 2016 3:24 am

heartbrokeninfl

We are very sorry to hear that you were scammed. I know exactly how you feel as I was there too three years ago. Please know that all that scam was carefully calculated and that's why they took time with money request. They didn't feel before the two months period as you are brainwashed enough to ask you for money.

Please take one day at the time, keep occupied and try not to think about it. This the only advice I cam give because it was only what worked for me to heal my heart from that one sided illusion.

Please post some of those love poems/letters so other can find them reported also post whole info about money request.
Please file IC3 complaint with FBI via link: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
Finally BLOCK and IGNORE, don't give them another day to control you. Wish you peace in your heart.

facebook.com/timothy.conleydickey
Timothy Conley Dickey
Staff Sergeant at United States Military Academy and staff sergent at US military

Phone number (321) 257-8867 -->> TextPlus VoIP in Sanford, FL , matches FB:
facebook.com/tunt.tun.750
Tun T Tun
Worked at Yangon, Myanmar
Studied at Dagon University
Lives in Yangon, Myanmar
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bix » Tue May 17, 2016 9:03 pm

gdelbert50
Arlington VA
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Maxwell Brown, maxwellbrown989@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu May 19, 2016 6:23 pm

matchdoctor
maxwell83
40-year-old Female :mrgreen:
Seeking Women: 18 - 99
Cape Town, South Africa
Last Activity: Today
I have a child but not staying with me who is 5yrs now,i lost the mother when my child was 2 in car accident.
i am a pilot who fly to different countries,though it keeps away from home most of the time but is an enjoying work.
i will like to meet a God fearing and humble person who will understand the heart of her soul mate,who is simple and understanding.

thanks for your urgent respond my message, it has been my dream that one day i ll meet someone that my heart will accept,thank God that i finally found you. i have gone through your profile and is we pleased to me,
Originally i am from sweden,a pilot, i work with swedish airways,i lost my wife in a car accident, may her soul rest in peace,we had a child who stay with my cousin in london,I have raised My self on my own for Over 15 years since i lost my Dad who was an Engineer. I lived with my 75 years old mum b4 she died some yrs back, I grew up in London,Where i studied piloting, A hobby turned career out of demand, I love to dance, garden, cook, read, laugh, dine out, travel, walk, i love going to church,i like friends ... I lead with my heart but am a very logical person. Extremely compasionate, giving, & caring. I love going parties occasionally also staying at home. I am most comfortable in jeans & Tops but also enjoy wrapping the package in beautiful attire. My favorite colors are cobalt blue, yellow, & green,hopefully i believe with this you can know little about me,I have not written so much about myself & feel like such an egotist at this point. Look foward to hearing from you soon,you can write me through this email for safety chat....(maxwellbrown989@yahoo.com)
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Return to “Military scams”