It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Carlos Monroy - ssgt.carlmon@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janex69 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:12 pm

RPO = Cesar Alexander Monroy commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Photographs_from_Cesar_Monroy

Carlos Monroy

ssgt.carlmon@yahoo.com

First contact on Hoverspot: profile now deleted!

Yahoo
Carlos Monroy
42 - Male - Colorado Springs, Colorado

Email
209.222.10.70 Choopa, LLC Sayreville United States <<<< in RS bad list!
Tue, 2 November, 2010 14:52:40Re: hello
Hey!!! Hope you are doing fine..................... Am Carlos Monroy from Barrington, Illinois, USA but presently in Afghanistan serving my country in a peace keeping Mission. Am a single father of a girl of Sixteen [Lorraine]. Am 43yrs old and I contacted you cos I loved your profile so much and you look so attractive to the eyes. I am on here in search of a relationship with a beautiful responsible lady who is loving, caring, honest and trustworthy who is gonna be so humble and will be willing to live the rest of her life with me. I am also a loving and caring man who knows what it takes to love a woman. I would be looking forward to read from you on the response to this. And here are some of my pictures and I hope you are gonna love them so much and you will get to respond to my mail so soon. Its my pleasure talking to you on here and I will be grateful to catch you on IM so soon cos you sound so lovely on that little chat we had. My regards to you Kids too. Take good care of yourself and be very careful out there.Talk to you soon
Regards
Carlos

No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Re: Carlos Monroy - ssgt.carlmon@yahoo.com

Postby wayne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:42 pm

IP on the bad list? That's good enough for me. Then we add in the obvious scamglish and we have a winner.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:44 am

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cm ... MwMjk5OTM3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Network: MyYearbookMyYearbook
Name: Carlos Monroy
Ethnicity: Caucasian (White)
Relationship: Single

Height: 5' 9"
Religious Views: Christian/Catholic

Bio: Mello, Low Maintenance, and enjoy life keeping a low stress level. I'm hot and Carlos Monroyl for mail. I love outdoors activities (hiking, biking, SCUBA diving). I like horse riding and my Harley. I also go to the shooting ranges with my friends for fun and training. I lived in Europe a large part of my life and I travel out of the country a lot. I enjoy listening to Alternative music, Acoustical Guitar, Reggae, a little Country, and sometimes Classical. Im a professional at most everything
Intro: Looking for: Friendship , Dating , True Love
Sexual orientation: Straight
Body type: Athletic and Toned
Political views: Moderate
Children: 1
Annual income: $75K - $100K
Living situation: Alone
Smoking: no
Drinking: socially
Best feature: Arms
Car: Mustang

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

RMonroy <sgtrichmon@yahoo.com><sgtrichmon@hotmail.com>

Postby BrightStar » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 am

Richard Monroy <sgtrichmon@yahoo.com><sgtrichmon@hotmail.com>

https://badoo.com/01223863151/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard Monroy, 48

Wants to meet with a girl, older than 38
New York, NY, United States
About me
I am 5ft 8inches, athletic build, black hair and blonde eyes.. A good and kind-hearted man, hardworking, down to earth, family-oriented, good listener, love life and adventure, a little shy till i get to know you. I like swimming, hiking, bowling, hockey and golf.. A true woman gets my attention.
Personal info
Relationship: I'm single
Sexuality: I'm straight
Appearance: 5'9'' (175cm), 165lbs (75kg), average body, black hair and brown eyes.
Living: By myself
Children: Already have
Smoking: Non-smoker
Drinking: Yes, please!
Education: College/University
Languages: English
Work: military, US Army. I have a reasonable income.

Image <<< Yahoo avatar

Richard Monroy — 12:31 AM
Hi sweetie..How are yu doing,yur work and family.hope fine?Am new on the site and I need a true loving,caring,honest,faithful,No head games and hardworking woman,a down to earth,passionate,romantic,caring, kind-hearted woman and family-oriented,who is willing and ready to give in,devoted and committed to a serious and lasting relationship,to share true,real and Unflinching love,supportive in all ways and to love me for who i am and not what i have.If yu care,kindly hit me on my yahoo Instant messenger id..(sgtrichmon).Thanks!
Richard Monroy — 12:47 AM
Thanks for yur response to my message sweetie..I hve just added yu on my hotmail instant messenger(sgtrichmon@hotmail.com) list now,so yu accept my request and let's chat right away as am online...ok?Hope to hear frm yu soonest

This email addy sgtmonroy@yahoo.com was baited in summer 2011
IP: 82.128.68.252
Hostname: 82.128.68.252
ISP: Multi-Links Telecommunications Limited
Organization: Reserved for future use
State/Region: Lagos
City: Lagos
He had a profile on Wayn ( deleted now...) with thoses pics...

On Badoo today...
main pic seems to come from
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infanteus/ ... 0016449569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... amo_-2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in the car leads to
https://www.facebook.com/fred.monroyscott" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/ssgtrichardm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mirjam
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mirjam » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 pm

This man is on Datehookup, i have a new picture of him:

Emailadress: sgtmonroy33@hotmail.com

IP adress: 64.34.199.40 - ServerBeach, proxy

His email to me:

Hello beautiful Angel :love: , thanks for the email on the site,it makes me feel we've got a connection already. I will love to tell you more about me. A very good friend of mine got me started on the internet as a way of finding my soul mate, it's just that I don't always get to log on there to chat. You'll need to know that I'm serving with the US Army and currently on deployment here in Afghanistan.. :twisted: I am from Los Angeles, CA, I''m also a former US Marine infantryman, having served 19 active years with different infantry units, from Camp Pendleton, CA. (1st battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, and 2nd battalion, 1st Marine Regiment) and Camp Lejeune, NC (3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment)

I have been to a bunch of places in the world, some of them hot spots, and continue to do so today. I am privileged to have served with highly professional individuals in the Marines, and the tradition continues now in the Army..I'm fortunate to command a small, very specialized unit and get to interact with many guys on the tip of the spear: US service members of all branches and ranks, Coalition forces, contractors and locals.

I feel I've got a perspective not often seen in the media. Seeing as I'm heading back home soon, that also gives me a 'different' perspective. I generally socialize outside of the military community since I'm single and my peers are pretty much all married.i have been divorce for 2yrs and i have a daughter she is 14yrs she lives with my Mom while am here in the middle east . I am an avid athlete, having played most sports at one time or another - everything from Adventure racing to Wiffle ball! These days I mostly play rugby and lift weights.And someday I'll move back home to and be able to surf, paddle and dive like I love to do.

I want you to know am a man of one woman :mrgreen: , i treat my woman with respect and care. Am an affectionate and passionate man.I love kids and pets. .. What do you seek in your idea man? Am a caring man, who show my woman what true love means, i work according to word of God. I'm a romantic man, I love going to the beach, listen to musics, love taking a walk, love going to the cinemas. I would describe myself as very caring a gentle and positive person Very generous and like life and like meeting people . Have a good sense of humor. do not like dull moody people. Life is too short not to be happy and enjoy.

I think that it speaks you more. My opinion on the type of woman that I want to be with in the future is someone who is caring and considerate, someone I can trust :twisted: and who will trust me and will always be honest with me, someone who enjoys laughing at the silly things that happen in life. Someone who is willing to share the work to make our home a comfortable place. Someone who likes to live in a tidy house too, I do not like to have things very messy. .

I am happy to share in all of the work required to keep the house nice .If someone was like that and loved me for who I am too, I would be a very happy man. I am very happy to have a message from you, makes me feel things would be alright...I just hope we can find a way to be able to meet and get to know ourselves better and start from there. i attach some of my pictures..hope you'll get back to me.. :disagree: .

Lots of Hugs and Kisses

Monroy.

----------------------------
Bye, Mirjam ;)

shouldaknown
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Capt. Lintner Monroy, sgt.monroy16@yahoo.com

Postby shouldaknown » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:48 pm

So, I'm brand new to this site..just found out last night that i have been scammed by the best of them! I have shelled out $13,400. US over the course of 4 months, money that I didn't have. I have pawned my engagement ring, my mom's jewelry, borrowed from several friends and now, as I see it, I am out. He is supposed to come here to NY in 3 days. I am absolutely sick over this. I haven't heard from him today yet...you know, with the time difference and all! :roll: I see after being up all night on every conceivable website, that he is scamming several of us at the same time. There are a lot of lonely ladies out there that have fallen in love with him. I just don't know how he can live with himself. So, i found several aliases..y'all might want to check out..the stories are all pretty much the same. Even the letters that he writes are the same, the poems..same..so here goes: I know him as Capt. Monroy Lintner Zecena. He uses various versions of this name and always has a good explanation why...But I have found several others: and he uses both sgt, ssgt, and capt.:

lintner Monroy
Desmond Monroy
John Monroy
Carlos Monroy
Richard Monroy
Perry Monroy
Perry Monray
Mark Stefan
Michael Tom
Zecena Monroy
Monroy Zecena
James Monroy
Monroy Howard
Monroy Howward Zenneza
Eddy Monroy
Cesar Monroy
David Monroy
Roland Monroy
Dwarf Monroy :lol: I'm not kidding!
Cole Monroy
Jack Monroy
Michael Swain
Noelle Rijkers :mrgreen:
Nicholas Monroy and last, but not least,
Monroy Moore

Busy guy, huh??? So I need some advice... I totally assume he is going to make up some reason why he can't come, which he has done twice already. But just for shits and giggles, lets say I am the fortunate lady that he has picked out of the thousands that he has been writing to under all these different aliases, and he does decide to come here in 3 days....Should I call him out on this before he comes? Should I message him on his may different fb pages and let him no I know he's a scammer?? How should I handle this???? Please answer this asap..He doesnt have any idea that I know about this...

shouldaknown
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Capt. Lintner Monroy, sgt.monroy16@yahoo.com

Postby shouldaknown » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Here are a few more pics of this friggin genius!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Capt. Lintner Monroy, sgt.monroy16@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Please break up all contact. he wouldn´t have come, he would have issued a money request. he´s an anonymous Nigerian.
Can you try and post a header from an email he sent you? (see "email headers" in my signature) ;)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

shouldaknown
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: RMonroy <sgtrichmon@yahoo.com><sgtrichmon@hotmail.com>

Postby shouldaknown » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi, thanks for writing. I have taken the IP addresses from a few of the poems that he has written me. It seems he is based in Sunnyvale, CA. But all the money I sent to Fakorede James, in Lagos, Nigeria. Here are the IPs:

I am telling you I never went to sleep last night, I am absolutely heartbroken over this.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm

I can imagine :(

Technically speaking, these^^ are all the wrong IPs, they lead only to Yahoo itself, the final one would be needed, even if only to prove to you that all emails have always been sent from Nigeria...
But maybe it´s better for you to completely close that chapter. In this case, "scam" is crystal-clear, no extra proofs (like originating IP) are needed.
Try your best to break up all contact, not even reading his mails, and ignoring the phone. No doubt there will be dozens of contact attempts over the coming weeks. Ignore them all. They just want more money.

And "police organizations" emailing YOU is the same scammer, under another email. Need to mention this for completeness´sake here...
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Found another pic on a "fake" FB account

https://www.facebook.com/richard.monroy.50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Michael Monroy, meetmm51@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 am

netlog
justrymeetme
online male - 48 years, Miami, United States

Hello sorry to bothered you here ..just go through your profile as a good member that just join the site and i found your profile sound interesting with your picture,I would love to get to no more about you and vice versa. I will be happy if you can send me your Addy and i can send you personal email to your inbox and i can add you for chat.
Michael .

Thanks for getting back to me.. meetmm51@yahoo.com .
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

dimitrii
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Tormala Mondry, n.tormala@yahoo.com

Postby dimitrii » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Badoo.

Mondry Tormala, 47
On the site now!
Wants to date with a girl, 37-52
New York, NY, United States

About me
am a very warm & kind-hearted person,
sensitive to the feelings of others and respectful of
myself as well as other people. I appreciate all the
differences which makes us all unique and consider
myself to be very accepting of the ideas and beliefs of
others. I would describe myself as having moderate to
liberal views,
Personal info

Relationship:
I'm single
Sexuality:
I'm straight
Appearance:
173cm (5' 8''), average body and black hair
Living:
By myself
Children:
Already have
Smoking:
Non-smoker
Drinking:
No
Languages:
English

Mondry Tormala — 10:28 AM
I jus came across your profile today and it really got me speechless and your profile most interesting.I'm really interested in getting to know more about you !! Can I get to know you ??
Mondry Tormala — 10:42 AM
im currently serving presently from with the US army,Forward Operating Base Kandahar in Kabul, Afghanistan........hope I don't scare you away ...lolz.

E-mail leads to Facebook, joined the site today.

http://www.facebook.com/tormala.mondry?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same pic like on Badoo,
Acta est fabula.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Tormala Mondry, n.tormala@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 pm

clone on badoo
M Z K Morales, 45
Houston, TX, USA

Myra