It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Aaron Morgan Butterfield, sgt.morrgan64@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
butterfliqueen
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Aaron Morgan Butterfield, sgt.morrgan64@yahoo.com

Postby butterfliqueen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:02 am

Do we have any idea who the guy in the pics really is? I had someone named Michael Butterfield (https://www.facebook.com/michael.robert.10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) message me on Facebook. Laying on the charm thick. I didn't let him get far, I googled his picture first which led me to multiple sites warning people of a man with these pics and the last name of Butterfield. He claims to be 46 and in Afghanistan for the Army. But if he is in Afghanistan he is messaging me at 1:34 am their time. His english is also somewhat broken, like this... "you really look so younger than 36". I told him I knew he was a scam because of looking him up and finding multiple names. He was all I don't know what you're talking about and OMG I have to report this! And then disappeared. He messaged me again today, he's a persistent bugger.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 am

Just unfriend, ignore him, no confrontation. Did the Nigerian scammer give you an email address or a phone number or any other googleable scam details? :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Harry Jones, jharry_47@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm

he must have retired :D
on CS with a different job

Iamharry
Seeing serious woman only.
I am a: 50 yr-old man seeking women, 39-60
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Drinks: Never --- must be totally dehydrated :lol:
Marital Status: Divorced
Has Kids: Yes, they are Grown and left the nest
Wants Kids: Probably Not
Education: High School
Transporting goods or people by sea illegal people smuggler ???

About me:
i am a honest and caring man i have been divorced for a very long time,my children are grown ups and i have grandkids,just looking for a loving woman to grow old with

I’m looking for:
A honest and caring woman that knows how to treat a man right.someone I can wake up to every morning and make breakfast. --- that all ??? what about the other meals, housework, and earning money as well???

pics already in thread

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Harry Jones, jharry_47@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:41 pm

FB
Harry Jones
About
Worked at Sailor'S
Lives in Florence, Alabama
From Columbia, South Carolina
pics already posted

meetme.com
Harry Jones
50, Male
Florence, Alabama

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Harry Jones, jharry_47@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello to you thanks for sharing your email with me,i am glad to meet you.i will tell you more about me so we can get to know each other better.i have been Divorced for 5 years,i have 2 grown up sons and i have 3 grand kids.i am originally from South Carolina but i live alone in Alabama Florence. gets boring living alone but i don't feel it much because my job keeps me busy.I am an Engineer,i work in the ship for transporting goods or people by sea.i have had my job for 15 years.i am a honest man and i like to make people happy,what i like to do for fun is camping,boat cruise,swimming,beach walk,watching movies,cooking,fishing and sports.i am a God fearing and i try to go church often if i am off work.i am searching for a God fearing woman with a good heart,a woman who know how to treat a man right,someone to grow old with and be happy.i hope this tells you more about me,i will be looking forward reading from you and know more about you also.i added a pic of me i hope to get one from you too.

Received: from [41.71.217.5]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013
Lagos, NG

this pic was neither found using SD nor with GIS

link
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby link » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 pm

mic.butt@lycos.com goes by Michael Butterfield and also uses mic.butt@yahoo.com. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has communicated with this man.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:34 am

same pic

butter100
Sean Buttefield
47 year old, man from United States

hi..its me butter100 from mydailyflog...how is your night going?...Sean

Received: from [41.220.69.8]

IP: 41.220.69.8
City: Lagos
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:35 am

=> Badoo:

Sean, 47
Was online 2 hours ago
Wants to date with girls, 38-59
Location Houston, TX, United States
Languages: English

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm

same email as http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 03#p366703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<labertjohn44@yahoo.com> => Badoo:

Sean, 47
Wants to date with girls, 38-59
Location Houston, TX, United States
8 interests:
Mickael Jackson Mr & Mrs Smith Cinema R. Kelly Celine Dion MTV Bryan Adams Desserts

Skype: Labert M John, Manchester, United Kingdom, labert.m.john, born 1 Jan. 1968

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:40 pm

IP: 74.115.6.140
Hostname: 74-115-6-140.anchorfree.com
ISP: AnchorFree
Organization: AFNCA
Services: Confirmed proxy server

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:53 pm

same email as here, see also pics for the real scammer behind the fake profile posted below: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 57#p372557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

godson.bernard111@hotmail.com =>

Badoo:

Frank, 56
Was online yesterday
Wants to make new friends
Location Glasgow, United Kingdom :liar: :liar:

I consider myself a very easy going person, even tempered. I love to go for long walks during a beautiful summer sunset with my dog Max along the wonderful walking trails by my home, going for walks during a gentle snowfall in the winter and walks during a crisp and sunny autumn day. I love to cook and a perfect evening would be to decide on a wonderful menu and cook together while enjoying a … fine glass of red wine and great music. I enjoy many type of music from easy listening jazz to classical to country western especially Ian Tyson. One of my hobbies is landscape painting and have become quite good, enough so that I can give them away as gifts to my family. My life long passion is genealogy and have been discovering my family roots for the past years. Love old movies, scrabble and nature.
Interested in
I look into the future with hope and would like to create a relationship based on respect, understanding, trust and love. Seeking a relationship with longevity and not just something will end in just a blink of an eye. I have a great sense of humor and can dish it out to make a sad day enjoyable. Honestly I've all that it takes to be a man, I don't really need anything from my partner. maybe in … terms of circumstances there might some kind of help from each other, helping to make things right. It's not all that easy meeting that rightful woman with all those qualities which I'm dreaming off, I love friends and family... I am a very sincere person who laughs easily, loves to tease and be teased and who communicates openly and honestly.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

sirdave27@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 pm

fishmeet fish
Kindheart8888 Profile: Looking for my soul mate...
Age & Gender: 51 Year Old Man
Height: 4' 9" (145 cm)
Body Type: Average / Medium
Religion: Christian - Catholic
Ethnicity: Caucasian with Brown Hair Color / Blue Eye Color
Zodiac Sign: Aries

my dear how are you doing?i have a problem with my password.so this is a new one.sirdave27@yahoo.com. if you don"t mind i can have your"s Thank.
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

sharing, lol
sirdave27 ...

continues writing messages on FMF
last one of today
Hello how are you? Are u there?i have really missed you so much where are

thus, I dropped him a line today

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Hello,Good Morning!
Well Hope you are doing okay! and had a wonderful sound sleep last night. Just had as thought of you this morning and decided to write to you and to see how a Charming Princess like you will be doing this morning ,as a Princess like you need to be cuddle and snuggle to wake up as you don't deserve to sleep cold at all,you need to be hold tight and feel the warmness and desires of your heart..Hm... Just wanted to let you know i remembered you this morning and you are in my thoughts. So tell me what you doing today, and what are your schedules and plans for today as it's ,beside those things what do you intend doing for the rest of the day.
Well got to get going now and look forward to chatting to you soon..
You have a nice and wonderful day.

Received: from [197.220.169.29] ---> Accra, GH
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:23 pm

sirdave27@yahoo.com

His first mail to me ever, sounds like we are great lovers :mrgreen:

2014-04-27 05:40
Subject: nice to here form you
Good Morning to you Babe!, Hope you are doing okay this morning, Well my world is a little nicer, because I share it with you..I love you very much, because with you, I found a way to love myself again. As My life without your love is like a body without a soul. To live without you is to take a whole lifetime's worth of happiness away. If the love is there, everything is going to be just fine, and I know the love is there. As Just always remember that even when we are apart I will be missing you! when in love, no matter how far we are apart, nor distance and time binds both, you'll always be in my mind. Remember that, Love means making the other happy, even from a distance. and i will make sure i make you happy and the most happiest and the most exciting woman on earth babe.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Military scams”