It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:19 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
HelpingAFriend
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby HelpingAFriend » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 am

Web chat is available to most soldiers in Afghanistan. I did web chats from Iraq quite frequently when I was there in 2006. I work with an Army major who had web chats with his wife twice a day for the entire time he was in Afghanistan (2011 to 2012). However, some remote outposts don't have internet access. For those few individuals, web chats and even e-mail are not possible.

If you've been talking with someone who claims to be a soldier in Afghanistan, there are two sure fire methods to determine if he's a real soldier. First, ask him for his physical address. Tell him you want to send him some home baked cookies or a greeting card. A real soldier wouldn't turn down an offer like that. His physical address will end with APO, NY and a zip code if he's really in Afghanistan (or any overseas location). Second, ask him for his AKO e-mail address. This is his official Army e-mail address. The Army encourages deployed soldiers to use their AKO accounts to communicate with friends and family, so there's no problem for a real soldier to give you the address. Official Army e-mail addresses end with .mil (example: john.doe@us.army.mil).

A SCAMMER will make excuses for why he can't do these two things that I've suggested. A real soldier will quickly agree.

Hi, I'm helping a friend that we're really worried about. This gentleman has a email address "@us.army.mil"
But also says he's unable to Skype, but has sent pictures.
He's also asked for money for a flight because it's to visit her instead of going back to his home country...

We're worried because the email address makes it sound plausible, but the rest of it is very fishy!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Please post all Details which you've from him like Mail, Pics, Mailheader, Money request etc. all other would be now read coffee grounds .... we need more Details. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:48 am

It is a scam, sadly. Have you emailed them to that email address ("compose email", NOT "reply mail" due to spooofed senders) and got a reply back?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

ПолинаГончаренко
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

info@parcelherodiplomaticservices.com

Postby ПолинаГончаренко » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Здравствуйте. Хотелось бы, чтобы помогли найти реального американского военного, так как мои попытки были безуспешны, чтобы сообщить ему что его фото используют в мошеннических целях, его имя Kevin Dohn Bay. На фотографии которые мне высылались на нашивке Bay видно! У меня попытались выманить 4850 евро, но я отказалась, так как я почти сразу начала подозревать, что со мной общается мошенник и стала выяснять у него подробности, просила выслать фото сделанные прям сейчас в момент общения или включить веб-камеру. На все поступал отказ. Все время он утверждал,что служит в Пакистане, а потом проговорился, что он в Орегоне. Я его поймала на этом, он начал оправдываться. Через время, я ему скинула статью про скамеров, думала что это его остановит и он сразу исчезнет, но он решил идти до конца. В итоге он "выслал" мне посылку, она застряла в Италии, на мой отказ оплатить посылку начались обиды от мошенника. Буду благодарна любой помощи, так как не хочу чтоб у этого человека были проблемы, ведь у него вероятней всего семья, дети

Hello. I would like to help find a real American military, since my attempts were unsuccessful to inform him that his photo was used for fraudulent purposes, his name is Kevin Dohn Bay. The photographs that were sent to me on the Bay patch can be seen! They tried to lure 4850 euros from me, but I refused, since I almost immediately began to suspect that a fraudster was talking to me and began to find out details from him, asked me to send photos taken right now at the moment of communication or turn on the webcam. Everything was refused. All the while, he claimed to be serving in Pakistan, and then let slip that he was in Oregon. I caught him on this, he began to make excuses. After a while, I threw him an article about scammers, I thought that this would stop him and he would disappear immediately, but he decided to go all the way. As a result, he 'sent' the package to me, it was stuck in Italy, at my refusal to pay for the package, insults from the fraudster started. I would be grateful for any help, because I do not want this person to have problems, because he most likely has a family, children

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Don't protect him coz of Family & children. You talk to a Scammer who uses stolen Pics! By happy that the Package sticks in Italy. Otherwise you would be responsible and guilty for receiving stolen goods, Tax fraud or Money laundry .... and you would have already visitors from NABU.
Forget him and cancel all communication .... first right: don't tell him again about Scammer. This will bring only more trouble for you.

Please post all Details which you've from him like Mail, Pics, Mailheader, Money request etc. .... we need more Details coz this is only a "Story" without any detailed Information.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:18 pm

Don't protect him coz of Family & children. You talk to a Scammer who uses stolen Pics! By happy that the Package sticks in Italy. Otherwise you would be responsible and guilty for receiving stolen goods, Tax fraud or Money laundry .... and you would have already visitors from NABU.
Forget him and cancel all communication .... first right: don't tell him again about Scammer. This will bring only more trouble for you.

Please post all Details which you've from him like Mail, Pics, Mailheader, Money request etc. .... we need more Details coz this is only a "Story" without any detailed Information.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

info@parcelherodiplomaticservices.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:54 am

info@parcelherodiplomaticservices.com has since been listed on aa419 as fake courier website, with fake British phone number :https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=139366
Please post the Kevin Dohn Bay-scammer email address/fake US phone number (African scammers rarely use fake Pakistani cell numbers, it´s mostly fake US or UK), as IceFM has requested, for the sake of the other people these gangs write to :) The man in the photos is a irrelevant random photo they took from the internet.
info@parcelherodiplomaticservices.com с тех пор был размещен на сайте aa419 как поддельный веб-сайт курьера с поддельным британским номером телефона: https: //db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=139366
Пожалуйста, отправьте адрес электронной почты мошенника Кевина Дон Бэй / поддельный номер телефона США (африканские мошенники редко используют поддельные пакистанские номера сотовых телефонов, в основном это поддельные США или Великобритания), как просил IceFM, ради других людей, которых пишут эти банды :) Человек на фотографиях - неуместная случайная фотография, которую они взяли из интернета.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Military scams”