It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pictures of Sgt. Monica Lin Brown

African scammers posing as military personnel.
coolbreeze1975
R.I.P.
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow with a Martini, stirred, not shaken

Bookmark and Share

Postby coolbreeze1975 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Pictures stolen from Army Sgt. Monica Lin Brown
http://americanveteranmagazine.blogspot ... a-lin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Name used = Monica Linbrouwn

email addy = monicalinbrouwn@yahoo.com

IP NOT in RS Database.

IP: 41.47.233.87
ISP: TE Data
State/Region: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo

header =

Return-Path: <monicalinbrouwn@yahoo.com>
Received: from [41.47.233.87] by web171303.mail.ir2.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 08 May 2013 16:47:49 BST

email sent =

Hello Sir/Ma
Let me start by Introducing Myself to you, My name is Sgt Monica lin Brown USA Army.I am working under the Medical military unit here in the 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th brigade combat team, 82nd Airborne Division Afghanistan against fighters and peace keeping,i am searching for long term relationship before i will get my retirement over here.and I am also contacting you because of the deal we did with some of Iraq High Government when I was working in Iraq before I was transferred to Afghanistan and the deal affected me some money, I have $4.2 Million US dollars that I successfully moved out of the country, it is proceed from oil business deal we had with an Iraqi citizens worth of $98 million US dollars, the $4.2 million stated is my share on the business and its legal. I need a good partner, someone I can trust.to give my life to when i get my retirement here and that can keep my funds for me safely and some one that will be honest with me The funds is temporary kept under the custody of an International Security Courier also called United Nations Diplomatic Delivery, the most important thing I need right now is someone that I can trust to assist me receive the money and secure it for me once the funds gets to you, and I have made up my mind to compensate you with 25% out of the total fund and you keep and save guard the remaining 75% for me pending when I am through with my military assignment in Afghanistan. Your own part of this deal is to find a safe place where the funds would be kept.The whole process is simple and we must keep a low profile at all times. My own part is sending it to you so If you are interested quickly get back to me for me to furnish you with more details about the fund OK.I look forward to your reply and co-operation, waiting for your urgent response.

My best regards,
Sgt Monica lin Brown

CB1975 :cool:

:cool: CB1975

“Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.”
~Josh Billings

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Sgt. Monica Lin Brown

Postby Myra » Wed May 15, 2013 4:38 pm

meetme.com
Monica Lin Brown
36, Female
Keller, Virginia

About Me
My name is Sgt.Monica Lin Brown USA Army.I am working under the Medical military unit, i am an open minded person, i think of other before myself.
My Joy is when everybody around me is Happy that's my Happiness..

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 pm

add. fake profiles on FB
Monica Lin Brown
all profiles are from late 2012 / early 2013

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004499494806
facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004510724307
facebook.com/monicalin.brown
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.5
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.12
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.31
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.35
facebook.com/monica.linbrown.54
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.56
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.90
facebook.com/monicalin.brown.94

I'm sure there are more :D

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Sailory
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sailory » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:11 pm

monicabrown506@yahoo.com

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=6000194985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Monica B

Dear Friend [monicabrown506@yahoo.com] On going through your profile,I decided to send you this mail because i will like us to get to know each other very well so that i can inform you of my reason to reaching you which got me interested in you and appreciate your maturity because i like matured minded person. Reply me so that i can send you more information's about myself and explain more about my future plans to settle down and also go into investments with you. and explain more about myself as soon as i hear from you. I will be awaiting to hear from you or send me your email address monicabrown506@yahoo.com
Image Image

ashlee92210
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ashlee92210 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:22 pm

I got the same thing they first emailed me thing I don't even know how the got Hello,
Thank you for responding to my email. I apologize to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I got your contact from a directory on the Internet here in Afghanistan. I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in business and i pray at this time that, your e-mail contact address is still valid. I know you don't know me but i meant no harm sending you this note, just that I don't have anyone out there to talk to, as I lost my parents in a car Accident, when I was 11 year old, I was raise up by my adopted parents, but they died years ago, the relatives of my adopted Parents throw me out of the house saying that I was not their real daughter. I know you can handle this money for me on till I come over to meet with you, we can also build friendship with this transaction. I lived in Lake Jackson, Texas before joining the Force.

You may be wondering why I choose to trust a delicate matter like this in the care of a stranger, but this is the best I can do in my present situation and I would have trusted this kind of project in the hands of my Husband who was my closest confidant, but I lost him to cancer on 22nd April, 2006 5 months after we got married, and my only brother has ruined his life with hard drugs, hence my decision to work with a neutral person if we can establish some trust between ourselves instead of confiding in my buddies back home so that this little secret can be preserved.

Let me start by introducing my self. My names are Sgt. Monica L. Brown, I am assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3]. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $10,500,000.00 (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
I and some other high ranking Officers made some deal on oil business over there in Afghanistan before my exit to Iraq. The deal worth $132 Million United States Dollars and after we have all share the money I later realize $10.5 Million US DOLLARS which is my personal share of the deal, due to my status as a US Sergeant, I can not be able to move this huge funds to my account in United States to avoid further interrogation or face any kind of probation by the U.S government and I packaged my own share in a briefcase and have sent it to the Red-Cross society, because there is no other way out to keep it with me here, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package, as I have deposited the consignment as a family treasure. Your acceptance to this would encourage me to send further information for us to proceed.

Furthermore, If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not approve of my proposal. I believe that such opportunities only come ones way once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by. For once I find myself in total control of my destiny. This chance won't pass me by. I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if you will not work with me let me know and let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. If you give me positive signals, I will give you the relevant details and initiate this process towards a conclusion. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. Do not betray my confidence.

If you wish to proceed with this, please get back to me.
Regards,
Sgt. Monica L. Brown

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed May 27, 2015 12:25 pm

ashlee92210

This is typical 419 Nigerian advanced fee scam. Can you please post the email address of the sender?
Please always spam it and never respond.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Welcome to RS and thanks for the update :) please post her email ID that she used to communicated with you, so we can research it more.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Delliot
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Delliot » Wed May 27, 2015 12:38 pm

I also got something like this.

email address: 06sg@outlook.com

I first received the same text as above but as i replied for more information i got this:

Greetings,

Thanks for your prompt response to my email.

First be aware that it is not very compulsory to assist me on this matter. If you are willing to help then I advise you act as instructed and if not, feel free to forfeit the offer.

Like I earlier said, If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not approve of my proposal.

Your Partner,
Sgt. Monica L. Brown
U.S Marine

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Wed May 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Welcome to RS and thanks for the update :) hope you not send any money to her.

StaciaLynn
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby StaciaLynn » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:27 pm

The following were used to contact me with a document to open first, I don't open documents if I don't know the person first of all.

to: xxxxxx

The name was sort of familiar (Scott Barrett) so I emailed back to see who was trying to send me a document incase it was legit. Ticks me off that they are using a military person's identity for this, my son serves in the National Guard & we highly respect those that serve, I hope the person(s) that are using her likeness & name are found & punished appropriately there are laws for impersonating a service person either in this manner or even dressing as one & claiming to be in the service.

Okay so then I received this email:

Hello,
Thank you for responding to my email. I apologize to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I got your contact from a directory on the Internet here in Afghanistan. I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in business and i pray at this time that, your e-mail contact address is still valid. I know you don't know me but i meant no harm sending you this note, just that I don't have anyone out there to talk to, as I lost my parents in a car Accident, when I was 11 year old, I was raise up by my adopted parents, but they died years ago, the relatives of my adopted Parents throw me out of the house saying that I was not their real daughter. I know you can handle this money for me on till I come over to meet with you, we can also build friendship with this transaction. I lived in Lake Jackson, Texas before joining the Force.

You may be wondering why I choose to trust a delicate matter like this in the care of a stranger, but this is the best I can do in my present situation and I would have trusted this kind of project in the hands of my Husband who was my closest confidant, but I lost him to cancer on 22nd April, 2006 5 months after we got married, and my only brother has ruined his life with hard drugs, hence my decision to work with a neutral person if we can establish some trust between ourselves instead of confiding in my buddies back home so that this little secret can be preserved.

Let me start by introducing my self. My names are Sgt. Monica L. Brown, I am assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division[3]. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $10,500,000.00 (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
I and some other high ranking Officers made some deal on oil business over there in Afghanistan before my exit to Iraq. The deal worth $132 Million United States Dollars and after we have all share the money I later realize $10.5 Million US DOLLARS which is my personal share of the deal, due to my status as a US Sergeant, I can not be able to move this huge funds to my account in United States to avoid further interrogation or face any kind of probation by the U.S government and I packaged my own share in a briefcase and have sent it to the Red-Cross society, because there is no other way out to keep it with me here, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package, as I have deposited the consignment as a family treasure. Your acceptance to this would encourage me to send further information for us to proceed.

Furthermore, If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not approve of my proposal. I believe that such opportunities only come ones way once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by. For once I find myself in total control of my destiny. This chance won't pass me by. I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if you will not work with me let me know and let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. If you give me positive signals, I will give you the relevant details and initiate this process towards a conclusion. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. Do not betray my confidence.

If you wish to proceed with this, please get back to me.
Regards,
Sgt. Monica L. Brown
Last edited by Igulinka on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed poster's email

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Monica Lin Brown - 8sgtlm@outlook.com

Postby Igulinka » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:35 pm

StaciaLynn

Welcome to RS. Thanks for the update on West African mafias abusing pictures of our military.
We all wish our laws would apply to the all impostors but unfortunately it's not happening in Nigeria or Ghana where officials are corrupted and get profit about 30% off cyber romance scam fraud. Please BLOCK them and IGNORE without telling another word. Keep educating the public as this is a key to be saved from online scams.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

jns
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jns » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 am

Poster received exactly same letter as here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p441846

stephfsch2015
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby stephfsch2015 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Received today from - sgt.36@outlook.com..

Same scam letter as topic above.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:52 am

Welcome to RS and thanks for the update :)

chewy2168
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

sgt.b3@outlook.in

Postby chewy2168 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Got the exact same message from "Sgt. Monica L. Brown" she used the email sgt.b3@outlook.in

Poster received exactly same letter as here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=60744&p=442310#p441846

Return to “Military scams”