It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

US-Army answered about Investigation of Militaryscams

African scammers posing as military personnel.
criss
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby criss » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:24 pm

usarmy.belvoir.usacidc.mbx.usacidc-crime-tips@mail.mil has answered me by mail.

here is:

Ms ........ :) ,

We are aware of these types of scams. These criminals are usually located in Nigeria or Ghana. The US Army does not have any jurisdiction/authority to investigate these criminals.

The FBI is responsible for investigating these types of scams. Their link is http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also visit our website that explains these types of scams and lists the know fraudulent documents associated with them. http://www.cid.army.mil/romance_scam.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2011/10/24 ... online.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you

"Red Flag" buzz words used by these criminals: Saying they are on a Peace Keeping Mission, Looking for honest woman, parent's deceased, wife deceased, child being cared for by nanny or other guardian, profess their love almost immediately, refer to you as "my love", "my darling" or any other affectionate term almost immediately, telling you they cannot wait to be with you, telling you they cannot talk on the phone or via webcam due to security reasons, or telling you they are sending you something (money, jewelry) through a diplomat. Finally, they claim to be a US Army Soldier; however, their English and grammar do not match that of someone born and raised in the United States.

Here is a list of answers to some of the most common types of scams:

1. Soldiers and their loved ones are not charged money so that the Soldier can go on leave.

2. No one is required to request leave on behalf of a Soldier.

3. A General Officer will not correspond with you on behalf of a Soldier planning to take leave.

4. A General Officer will not be a member of an internet dating site.

5. Soldiers are not charged money for secure communications or leave.

6. Soldiers do not need permission to get married.

7. Soldiers do not have to pay for early retirement.

8. Soldiers have medical insurance, which pays for their medical costs when treated at civilian health care facilities worldwide - family and friends do not need to pay their medical expenses.

9. Military aircraft are not used to transport Privately Owned Vehicles.

10. Army financial offices are not used to help Soldiers buy or sell items of any kind.

11. Soldiers deployed to Combat Zones do not need to solicit money from the public to feed or house their troops.

12. Deployed Soldiers do not find large unclaimed sums of money and do not need your help to get that money out of the country.

Anyone who tells you one of the above-listed conditions/circumstances is likely posing as a Soldier and trying to steal money from you.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:17 PM
To: USARMY Ft Belvoir USACIDC Mailbox USACIDC Crime Tips

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: US-Army answered about Investigation of Militaryscams

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks. Now I understand why so many victims from the US (and from many other places) have claimed in their first posts that the FBI would be already "investigating" their military scams. Because the army site says they do. Fact is, they don´t. The reason is given right in the above email: Because the criminals are in Nigeria or Ghana (and Malaysia), i.e. overseas, and beyond US jurisdiction. :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

criss
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: US-Army answered about Investigation of Militaryscams

Postby criss » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:49 pm

the army writes clearly that they can do nothing and the fbi has jurisdiction. I did not quite understand that the identify. one must show that if one wants to go to the link and the fbi are responsible, there you can fill out a form. However, no idea if and how it will continue. I think the us totally fair and in order :) , on the contrary to many other facilities that would not bother with private persons in love. the army has a huge image-harm. represented as ripped and as impossible. yes you read it.

Return to “Military scams”