It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

John Riggs, riggsjohn@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
helpingothers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

bravebryan007@yahoo.com

Postby helpingothers » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:37 pm

Posting as BraveRuby
He gave me his email address quite readily - bravebryan007@yahoo.com
I've blocked him, but adding this as it appears to be the same scammer.

48 • Minneapolis, MN (240 miles) • Man

On OKCupid
His profile:
"I have been told that i am an extremely passionate person with a magnetic personality and can also dance to beat from different drummers"

He says:

distance i think should not be a problem in a relationship, if we are destined to be together, would be say NO because of distance?

bravebryan007@yahoo.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: bravebryan007@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Well done adding this one to here :)

=> Skype, same pic: Bryan Anderson, Dallas, texas, United States, bravebryan007
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Davids Alex, davidsalex34@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:45 am

scammer made a mistake, lol
one pic in the vk gallery did not fit :D , it was posted here
see
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=67861

Kittykatgirlmom
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Drek Spanky - drekspanky@gmail.com

Postby Kittykatgirlmom » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:46 am

On OKCupid as Rickberry_matic

Email: drekspanky@gmail.com

Told me he was Currently in Syria on a "Peace-Keep Mission" LoL

Told me he was Originally from Columbia, SC (which the Derrick Riggs really is!) but listed his hometown as Flemings Island, FL

This scammer actually had the nerve to tell me today that his name was Derrick Riggs Sanchez. He used the real man's REAL NAME!!!! Even though his picture look like an All-American man, he tried to tell me he was Half-Latino! Boy, was this scammer stupid! All I had to do was Google search Derrick Riggs (I didn't even get a chance to enter "Sanchez" before Google gave me results. Anyway, I started seeing all these pictures of "Derrick Riggs".

The scammer knows all about this man who is the REAL man I feel so sorry for the real man, so many scammers have been lifting not only his pictures, but his personal information!

The scammer started things off by telling me that he was an Army Chaplain, He told me he was a widower and had a 13- year-old son. This scammer has also had the stupidity to use the Viber app to voice call me several times. I'm changing my phone number after I write this!

My scammer spoke with a weird, not-quite-Hispanic accent

I am so glad though that he told me that name and that I did research before going any further!

But this scammer did what you guys are saying that other scammers are doing, which is if you call them out on being fakes, they make you feel like you're in the wrong, and then they talk this love crap. Sheesh....
The pics that were on his profile that I saw were the one in the red Carolina Gamecocks shirt, and the one closeup pic with the black dress uniform on, and the one with his parents, pretty common among these different scammers listed.

Oh, and did I mention that as soon as I "busted" the scammer and he started talking all the lovey-dovey stuff, he immediately took down this profile from OKC! Probably the only smart thing he did!
Last edited by Igulinka on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out links to RPO

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: John Riggs, riggsjohn@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:05 am

Kittykatgirlmom

Thank you for the update and sorry that you met scammer. Please always BLOCK them and IGNORE. Surf safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Kittykatgirlmom
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kittykatgirlmom » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:08 am

Thanks, but I won't be surfing online anymore...I'm DONE!

lindastaiger
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby lindastaiger » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Omg. I can't believe I'm seeing all the pictures I have received from the supposed real derrick riggs on Yahoo messenger.I have every one of those pictures above in postings plus two or three more not seen here. Unbelievable. He wanted money and for me to pay for shipping a box for him with gold in it. Right!!!!! Supposedly went from Afghanistan to Nigeria temporary duty. About to be discharged. And retire with me in the states. What a farce. All he did was waste my time but didn't get any money. Then I wasted a bunch of his time saying I was sending money but didn't. Fair is fair. Oh well. He has at least six profiles current and a new one popping up every other day. He needs to be shut down by someone please

lindastaiger
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby lindastaiger » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:47 pm

I have researched the real derrick riggs extensiley thru military channels and others. The real derrick riggs is well aware of all these scammers and tries to have the profiles shut down as soon as he is aware of them. Alot of damage has been done to him and some women too. I think it's basically the same scammer working this profile to death. I have obtained several photos of derrick riggs that I have never ever seen posted anywhere. I asked for them as a way to confirm exactly who i was communicating with and believe i located on scammer source working so close to the real derrick riggs in the military i hope i am proved wrong that another military man is perputuating this fraud on a fellow military man but it looks real sweaty right now needless to say the have opened an investagation by the military into this sensitive profile being flaunted about making it look very bad for riggs shame on them

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:10 pm

lindastaiger

First of all glad you found us and you didn't loose any money. Second, do NOT even try to contact the pictures owner. It's only and only up to law enforcement and unfortunately some victims being convicted of offence as there are special cyber laws created for victims of cyber crime to obey.

There is no war in Nigeria so no US Army would stationed there.

Please know that successful in scam photos are abused by many gangs in the same time and base on our reports we can say that there are possibility that no more then one gang will use them but in this tread it's not a case.

Please kindly post the pictures which are not here as an evidence. Please also add scammer's email address, phone number, SKYPE ID, link to fake profile. You are also very welcome to post the request to receive the box with all the names and addresses.

Thank you and be safe.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

lesley.covel
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Reuben Cruz - cruzreuben823@yahoo.com and militarywelfarecare@consultant.com

Postby lesley.covel » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Also known as Reuben Cruz US army captain on peacekeeping duties in Pakistan. Cruzreuben823@yahoo.com. 54 yrs old DOB 10.01.62 asked me to mail an urgent request for leave to militarywelfarecare@consultant.com.

ImageImage

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Richmond Walter, Skype: richmondwalter

Postby Bix » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:05 pm

richmondwalter
Liverpool
United Kingdom

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Micheal Riggs Campbell, michealriggscampbell770@outlook.com

Postby Bix » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:07 am

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011405969790
Micheal Riggs Campbell
Captain at U.S. Army
Divorced
From Detroit, Michigan

clone...
facebook.com/sylvester.campbell.146
Sylvester Campbell
Works at U.S. Army
Widowed
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

toni.petrick-smith
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby toni.petrick-smith » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:10 am

They also has a Facebook account applin riggs

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Applin Riggs, riggsjohn@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:14 am

Thank you toni for the update. Please BLOCK them and IGNORE.

facebook.com/applin.riggs
Applin Riggs

jagoda.tracz-dral
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

nowy oszust

Postby jagoda.tracz-dral » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:53 am

Hello,
Facebook, a new crook by the name of Marco Vinicio Cordova Yepez. Uses images of Mr. Derrick Riggs officer in the US Army.

Return to “Military scams”