It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pictures of Jason Estes

African scammers posing as military personnel.
LStuart85
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Jason Estes

Postby LStuart85 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 am

I was contacted through Instagram... his name was Howard Jordan Wilkinson and he said he was on a peace keeping mission in Africa. He asked me to create a Viber account. He said he was in love and wanted to be exclusive... he said he was requesting leave to come visit and then his phone started messing up.. I told him he sounded like a scammer and he got defensive and mad saying he never asked for any money.. then he said his friend in a town in Africa could fix his phone but he wanted to trade fixing it for a $50 apple gift card.. then he slowly stopped texting... now all accounts are gone...

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:48 am

Welcome to RS and thanks for the update. :) is he give you his email id or phone number ?
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Blueshell74
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Update: Scammers using Jason Estes pics

Postby Blueshell74 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Blueshell74
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Update: Scammers using Jason Estes pics

Postby Blueshell74 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:04 pm

They are going by Michael Estes on messenger no Facebook page and Estes david on Hangouts. Michael claims hes divorced and his ex wife is deceased. Twin brother was Jason Estes who is deceased with their father. Has an 8 yr old daughter Lisa who lives with his mother Cecilia Estes back in Miami Florida. Looking for a love and mother to Lisa. Wants "help" with his data connection and a phone for his daughter. Wants you to send money to: Ajayi Sunday Olaitan
Lagos Nigeria by Western union or iTunes cards.

Dgirl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Wilson Johnson Estes - 413-239-4177

Postby Dgirl » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 pm

“Wilson”, age 37 was from OK Cupid. He said his name was Wilson Johnson Estes & he was on deployment in Syria. He said he had a 9 year old son and was a single dad. Having been catfished before, I quickly noticed some odd things-

- his grammar wasn’t the best
- he would ask what I ate a lot (odd to include, but it followed the pattern)
- both parents had died and he had no siblings
- he would gloss over some questions I asked
- came on strong in that could I love him, he wanted to settle down, etc
- asked if I owned my own house (the previous scammer asked how much $ I made)
- didn’t come out and ask for money yet but was slowly building to it
- used odd language- like “cinema” for the movies

Asked for pics & sent the below pics. Also sent 3 pictures of a little boy (claiming it was his son) and 2 of his dog (German Shepherd). When I googled his name, I came across Jason Estes, who apparently is the actual person whose pics are being used to scam women. Unfortunately if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. This type of scammer slowly builds to asking for help/$ after texting for awhile. He also asked if I had Viper. The cell he used was 413-239-4177. He’s slick, so be wary. After I found out it was a scam I blocked him.

Hopefully this post helps someone else to prevent them from getting scammed.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Re: Wilson Johnson Estes - 413-239-4177

Postby IceFM » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 pm

413-239-4177

Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: Level 3 Communications, Llc - Ma
(413) is a Massachusetts (MA) area code
Northfield, MA 01360
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Sam Wellie, 857-242-6778

Postby Bix » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:28 pm

interpals
Wellie432 Wellie, 50 y.o.
Boston, United States [Current City & Hometown]
I love listen to music, going to art shows, the outdoors - I walking/running in the park, picnics watching my grandson playball. I loved traveling, dining out and warm evenings at home. I enjoy a nice glass of wine, maybe two.
Hobbies & Interests
What I am looking for is to meet new people and see how it goes. Where it may lead. I will list a few things I like and dislike, but do not want to throw everything out here because then what would we have to chat about in person? And that is the fun part right, getting to know each other? A few likes: Mass, my children/grandchildren, Music, Arts, good food, laughter, nights out, outdoors, baseball & hockey game, a great glass of wine, and lounging around sometimes. A few dislikes: Cooking, spicy foods, rude people, my bad hearing, and not having a partner to share romantic/fun nights out with.

Hello pretty. Thank for your message.I'm Sam 50 year old Divorce man i look into your profile.All i want is just to be happy and im looking for a Good woman. Hope to hear from you. whatsapp. +1 8572426778 Thank

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Sam Wellie, 857-242-6778

Postby Myra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:06 pm

phone number 857-242-6778
Cambridge, MA 02138
Bandwidth.com

Sharonrc88
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sharonrc88 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Reporting his scammer named Paul Ryan Levi met March 26 on plenty of fish sent me all the pictures wanted me to be his wife . Dumb me I sent him money and now he says he in a hospital with an injury but use same military thing and I should of research that they get everything paid for in USA ... He claims to be in California ql16612348918 ... I have reported him to other authorities..

He said he had 1 sister in BC and one 3 year old girl ... His so called ex try to kill him and take his friend...
I sent this prick 9000$ since March I wish I knew about this before ...
I really hope no one else gets scammed he needs to get got ... Said his parents died when he was four

Said he's Canadian but working in the States didn't think about is bad grammer ... He told me his accent is American/ African because he worked so much there .... Now he say he's in California ... Unfortunately I'm still in contact but I'm not sending any more money and he's using WhatsApp to talk with me .. says he can't video chat ...

:party: happy birthday to me

The latest one he sent me

Amv18
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Amv18 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:07 pm

This scammer contacted me on POF. He claimed to be a man called Thomas John from Russia that came to the US at age 18. Huge red flag for me as there is nothing Russian about that name. He also said he was in the army deployed in Africa. Started to say that his accts are frozen while on deployment and he cant buy the food he likes. He never asked for money but it seemed like he wanted to. Another red flag for me. I'm always cautious and google everyone. Surprise Surprise Thomas John didn't exist anywhere. So I decided to do a pic search and found out that it was a scammer. I contacted POF and his profile has been removed. If he comes back he wont be using the same pics.

jennifer.fockler
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jennifer.fockler » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm

well he is at again,
he is going by James Ester
no email address but he is on Hangouts
says he has a son that lives in PA with sister.
in the military in California
claims to have lots of money but he needs help to get it

Sharonrc88
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sharonrc88 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Very interesting for a fact he is african he did contact me later again this year . Wanting 1200 more dollars yeah blocked reported and all his aliases ..

jennifer.fockler
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jennifer.fockler » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:31 pm

jason or james whatever is name is. He is relentless in what he does. He told me that he was buying a house near me so that he myself and my mom can live there. Never seen the house. asked for a phone call or video. My phone is broken. Now he is telling me that his life is in danger and if i dont get him the 100.00 dollars he will die. also said that if i didnt get it I dont love him

Sharonrc88
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sharonrc88 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm

He is a coward and this man has millions of dollars now he will keep going and going because that's how he makes his money this man has an African accent ... the faster this man is found wherever he is . Needs to be stopped asap .. I declared bankruptcy because of this asshole last July... but please rise above this and dont send any money to any man ... IF THEY TRULY LOVE YOU THEY SHOULD COME TO YOU ... if not they are a coward and they shouldn't be the one for you to marry ..., Please discern everything and if u have doubts then DONT .... Find a man with Live and Care and trust and Honesty with in his Heart , dont always believe the words people say , EVERY woman deserves to Be LOVED ...

jennifer.fockler
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jennifer.fockler » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 pm

well the guy who claims to be james ester is a real piece of work, he is now begging me for money, he said he doesnt care what happens to me as long as i get him the money. he wanted me to borrow the 100 from my disabled mother, really

Return to “Military scams”