It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

No one here is stupid!

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: No one here is stupid!

Postby Pinky » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:14 am

Well Ralph & Territ, you may still be frustrated and wanting revenge on your perpetrators and to see what came around to you to cost them too, but think about where that guy who stole your car is, Ralph. Do you really think he's now an upstanding member of a community and he got away with it? I don't think so. My clairvoyant side says the guy who stole your car now is a drug addict, awaiting trial for probably his fifth conviction, has been in and out of jail most of his adult life, has no family left that wouldnt spit on him and probably has serious health issues too. There is karma.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:53 am

I have no doubt that if he is still alive he is a drug addicted burden on society who's only friend is his drug dealer or much larger cell mate affectionately known as "Big Bubba" who likes to get amorous with his cell mate (not that there is anything wrong with that :shock: ) but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is/was a worthless maggot who deserves all the respect you would give to the brown stuff you might find on the bottom of your boots after walking through a cow paddock without looking where you step :D
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:40 am

Right. I know a person in real life who is about to start such a career downwards and we are doing our very best to prevent him from whichever coolness factor drug dealing and fighting in public might have with his sick peer group of brainless uneducated gangstas doing nothing but hanging out in the streets and bragging with their deeds. (Damn, being a young male is "risky" at this age and very hard but he mustn´t do anything stupid which harms all his further life career!)
Because of the logical reasons Pinky gives above, I personally believe that no scammer (in fact, no criminal) can be happy with what he does for more than a moment. The revenge or return comes by itself, it´s like an intrinsic revenge every bad deed has in itself per se; or put it differently, it will come from a higher power. Because of that spiral downwards such a life can´t work out well in the long run.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 pm

I agree.

And I also believe that the only way we can become completely free of the control criminals have on us is through forgiveness. It doesn't matter whether we judge the perpetrator to be deserving or not deserving of it, but rather that we become "unstuck" from the experience. Until then we are giving the scammer the right to determine our level of happiness.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 am

Based on my own experience, these foul smelling mugus can’t knock us down if we will keep telling ourselves that they are worth nothing. We have more to be thankful and are worth in life than keep grieving of something that never existed right from the very start. It was just a bad nightmare. If you had nightmare, when you wake up, do you grieve? No, we usually just stand up and do the right thing we usually do. This is what I am doing now, trying to do the right things. I even adjust things to be even better because I try to look back and take considerations of what happened in my nightmares. Life is still worthwhile after bad nightmares. I never felt stupid from the very start, just too kind and trustful.

To all the mods and members of RS who is always there with their guiding hands who also listens to all my complaints when I am really down, the words "Thank you!" is not even enough to express how much you helped me and is still helping me with my real life issues.

To RS and all of you, keep up the good work! :applause: :kissing:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

SHVLS
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SHVLS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:30 pm

well good afternoon to everyone . In one sense i do believe that no one here is stupid, but we all do have to realize that while taking this journey through life we all search for this thing called love. And as we continue looking for it and time is running out we all go to some extreams to find it, beacuse lets face it if we dont find it we are lost in this sea of souls. So then as a last resort to find the love that is missing what do we do well we join a dating site in the hopes that hey this is a good idea! all we have found is a place where people play on our emotions and of course we do not think properly and bingo the scam has got us. Dont get me wrong dateing sites may be well and good for some people but for those of us who have tried and lost in this game of love and never give up well we should! I have come to realize this far into my journey searching for the elusive love, that being so hard to find anyway is few and far between on a dateing site. None of us are stupid but we should all look else where? RANDY :whew:

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 pm

That's all well and good, but the internet opens up so much more options. When I was in school it was a big thing that one friend had a penpal in Bahrain. These days it's no big deal that I should talk to and consider friends the forum moderators and fellow baiters, who come from all over the world. Our world evolves and we evolve with it. Internet dating is seen as perfectly natural these days. One of my oldest internet friends met and moved to be with another person who lives halfway around the globe. They're still blissfully happy. The sad fact is that, as we evolve, so do the scammers. First it was written letters, then it was fax, now it's email. Everything evolves. Lots of people DO find love on dating sites. At the same time, people also find scammers there. Swings and roundabouts.

SHVLS
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SHVLS » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:03 am

reply to wayne its all well and good! I think in order to help all of us using this site, we should be reading into this scam senario a lot deeper, the affect i think it has on people is absolutly destructive. and i think a lot of the posts are just to superficial. But anyway everybody lets keep the posts coming. randy :thinking:

missglam67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby missglam67 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to say that having this kind of resource has been so helpful and liberating. Yes, I did get "involved" with a scammer last year and I thought of myself as a very beautiful, intelligent, sincere and insightful woman. I was mad at myself for falling for his lies and believing he was something and someone he clearly was not! Fortunately, I found this website and found out I am not the only one that has fallen for this kind of evil. I felt stupid at first but just knowing that the more that we expose this evil the less it will happen to other people. I was also fortunate enough not to loss a lot of money..but if I had it I could have lost a lot more. I still use online dating sites and have met a lot of very nice, good looking, sincere and fun guys but now I because of this site I have all the resources to weed out any potential scammers. Just hang in there! Do not give up on humanity. There are some good people online out there. Just be diligent and don't be afraid to ask him probing questions. If he's for real he won't mind. If he won't answer your questions or dances around them..move on! If it seems too good to be true it probably is.

EDIT: It's not a good idea to post your own picture here. ~Pinky

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Tue May 17, 2011 4:36 am

Hi Miss G. We're happy you found us. Welcome.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

pammyscammy1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pammyscammy1 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I know I'm being scammed I don't know how to use this sight to well but I wish I could find out more!

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome. We'll help all we can. First rule, CEASE ALL COMMUNICATION. Don't answer his messages or phone calls.

Then start by reading here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=73" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stupidlyscammed
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby stupidlyscammed » Sun May 22, 2011 1:45 am

Dear all
I agree. I am not stupid but I was stupid enough to be scammed. My heart is still hurting and I break down in tears almost everyday. It was only about a week or so ago when I got broken by this ooo so handsome man..who professed undying love for me. The psychological impact on me by this persona was tremendous. But this site have been a God-send. I know all the support group here are blessed people, kind understanding and compassionate to people like me. I turn to you everyday for support, by reading your posts and finding comfort that those who have gone through what I have are also comforted. God Bless You all.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sun May 22, 2011 1:57 am

You'll find that stupid is a bad word around here. Believe me, there are people here that are incredibly smart. Smarter than me. You were naive and uninformed, but you are honest and loving and that is NEVER stupid. I like to think of it as a random crime. If you were mugged walking down the street, would you be stupid because you were there?

stupidlyscammed
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby stupidlyscammed » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Dear all
Yes I agree. I was not stupid. I was just naive. Now no more. I am here to stay and help where I can. I know how it hurts to believe someone so completely, and then be broken by the fact that you are worth nothing but lies to him, or just their next dollar. I see a lot of 'people' out there skulking around, looking for victims. I have so far been proposed to about five times, plus offered gold and many many centavos...if I agreed to sign for something or go to their country or pay something first. Love letters come in abundance...which a month ago would have made me go 'breathless'. The sad part is that I no longer believe anybody in the dating sites although I hope there may be someone out there who is genuine, who knows. Hope springs eternal.

Return to “Support and Advice.”