It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

how did you find this site?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

through a search engine, entering my scammer's info
30%
through a search engine, searching for the general info on scams
36%
through a link from another site / board
17%
from a friend
8%
other
9%

Total votes: 141

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:18 am

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Kasee11
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kasee11 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:13 pm

I found this site as I was researching the topic of scammers in Ghana. Your site is highly recommended in more than several places about scammers on the Internet. Personally, I found it to be the most valuable one. Thank you for being here.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:18 am

Thank you for your kind words!!
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

gilraen
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gilraen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:17 pm

I found that website because I searched my first scammer email address on google - to see if I could find him. I was just curious to know if he was a known scammer. :smile:

Want to Know the Truth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

I found this site by searching for information of someone

Postby Want to Know the Truth » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:26 am

I felt suspicious of "Robotic Tractor Man" because he asked me to borrow money for him so he could finish his "invention," sell the patent, then relocate to America so we could "legalize our relationship."

Finding him here was rather a big "owie."

Now I come every day to keep up with what is happening.

Thanks for having this site. Had there been any way to have gotten the money that man needed, I would have done so.

Now I am probably too suspicious.

misscj75
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby misscj75 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 pm

i found out bout this site by watchin Oprah..... and trust me i didnt move from the lounge i found it so interesting....

sakis72
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sakis72 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:29 am

I found this site via Google: I dit it after receiving a letter from a scammer; I found strange that
- the scammer wrote "thank you for your letter" while I had never written to her… I have never been drunk enough to write to a girl and forget it afterwards.
- she had 3 different names (e-mail address, nickname and signature)
So I simply put her e-mail address in Google and the only answer/link it gave me was this site indeed.
Il my scammer was more "professional" I would have probably believed her and started communicating with her.
Still I do not think I would have ever sent money to her.
But I learnt a lot with this site/forum (e.g. just checking IP addresses) and now I understand a posteriori that some of my former ‘friends' were probably scammers…

quietman
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby quietman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:27 pm

I found the site while searching on scammers.
I wish I had found this site earlier on.
I think I have already found one scammer. Am still checking out a second one. The second one does not appear to match any of the signs shown for a scammer, however, some of our conversations have made me cautious.

Columbo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Columbo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:40 pm

I found this site by using Google. This is the best site to find out about scammers. Thank you Marisa for having this site.

columbo

Fafner
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Fafner » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:02 am

I googled an email address from a girl that looked and sounded too good to be true.

Navek64
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Site

Postby Navek64 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:49 am

I googled like most others. Your site is one of the best on the net. Thanks Marisa. You've saved me a lot of heartache and money. Thanks to kaka and skeet too...!!
Home address:77.40.99.15

finn
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby finn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm

found it in google, but i had no idea of dating scams i just felt that someone asking for money like that is just not right, given the position they held and the groups they worked with in those countries

urscamscum
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Finding This Site

Postby urscamscum » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:18 am

I have spent weeks hiding, can't function, leave the house, cannot open my business this year! This trauma brought on emotional asthma, the worst I've ever had! I was asthma free for 40 years...I am a professional woman, no excuses from me, educated, hurting terribly and I found this site through Google. Your site has been the only thing to keep me from going insane. I read it daily and when I can function (go outside) without shaking, crying and/or acting nutty I will contribute, I do not have PayPal. The wonderful people on here have saved my sanity on a daily basis, I have told NO ONE about my stupidity and lack of discernment. Today, after weeks of being in a daze I finally answered my phone to family. using the old fib, bad flu....Hate to lie to my loved ones, but they would be shocked to learn what a fool I have been! tu from the bottom of my heart! :heartbroken:

zerominus44
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Geeves, told me about the site

Postby zerominus44 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 am

Geeves told me about the site, when I had posted a scammer on another site, He was trying to find out for john42, if what I had posted their was true, John42 and I were at odds about my post about Julia Valyaeva... but in the post here on this site, kind of answers that... May have lost a scammer girlfriend, but gained many new friends... One thing though, I would have proubly never went to Kiev, Ukraine. If it wasn't for Julia... very interesting country, and even though their is scammers their, there is also alot of good people their also, heck I was their three weeks, had a really good time, and meet alot of cool people... The city is awsome, out side, a few bad Translation companys,
eye in the sky, I can see who you really are!!!

Scammer watch 24/7..

Loverduck
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Loverduck » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:48 pm

An invite from KaKa. Great source of information.

Return to “Voting polls”