It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What brought you here?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

What brought you here?

Searched for romance scams in general.
26%
Searched for my scammer's email address.
23%
Searched for my scammer's name.
12%
Searched for my scammer's photo.
15%
Searched for my scammer's phone number.
2%
Heard about you on TV.
1%
Heard about you in newspaper/magazine.
No votes
Told about you by a friend/relative.
5%
Link on another site. If so, please let us know which one.
5%
Other. Please say which.
9%

Total votes: 91

Elponchis
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: What brought you here?

Postby Elponchis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I blame the Vlad's and Boris's of this world for spamming my mail boxes which brought me here, well i do it for fun and jollies and if i can annoy and humilate them at the same time then it's all good. Knowing that mine and other people's posts have saved others from having a fast one pulled on them is a good thing. Learned a lot whilst i've been here most notably Wayne, IceFM and Elena (mostly because i post in Russian scammers)
For each and every minute a scammer spends on my bait, it cannot be used to scam a real victim

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Found this site several years ago after doing an internet search on a scammer. It was my first encounter with a fraudulant scumbag. It was a bloody huge learning curve at the time. Although it was too late after the event, reading through the different topics from the forums seemed to put things in perspective. Education against scammers is a good defence for anybody.
Have really learnt many aspects of scamming and all the sleazey trickery they use. Now try to educate and help others when they encounter any fraudulant activity.
Being scammed can be a deflating and draining experience. It certainly is a hard lesson to learn. But if we turn around and move forward in a positive way, we can learn from past mistakes. Turning the tables on scammers is a good way to help.

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

Postby SlapHappy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Elponchis, in your one year here, you have shown some real dedication and effort in exposing scammers to help warn victims. You have over 1500 posts here now, all of them on-topic and Boris unfriendly. Thank you for sticking with this hobby of yours with us. We appreciate your volunteer work to save others. Boris picked the wrong person to spam! :D :applause:

geecee, Thanks for your 2 1/2 years of membership here, educating people about scammers and their dirty tricks. This is the real key to slowing them down. Your posts help save to save victims. :D :applause:

JEB2002
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby JEB2002 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:04 am

I knew that I was either the luckiest man alive, or being scammed.
I know I'm not that lucky. So I googled the name of my "admirer" plus her native country Nigeria.
This site was in the top five results.

The Mechanic
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Mechanic » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks to this website, I found out that my scammer was using pictures of Emma O'neil.
mkatty82@yahoo.ca using the name Katty Moore and using yahoo messenger extensively.

Thanks to reading the FAQ's on this site and gaining the knowledge on the best way to report my scammer and
the most powerful way to save others and also get some type of revenge :D
Please read the FAQ's it all there in black and white :applause:

The Mechanic
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Mechanic » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Wow this is something to aspire to what true and unyielding dedication:

"Elponchis, in your one year here, you have shown some real dedication and effort in exposing scammers to help warn victims. You have over 1500 posts here now, all of them on-topic and Boris unfriendly. Thank you for sticking with this hobby of yours with us. We appreciate your volunteer work to save others. Boris picked the wrong person to spam! :D :applause:

geecee, Thanks for your 2 1/2 years of membership here, educating people about scammers and their dirty tricks. This is the real key to slowing them down. Your posts help save to save victims. :D :applause:"

Truly inspirational, when I read stuff like this it's really just make's me feel so good inside and help's me to heal
and to know that there are people out there saving and helping others because they truly care!!

Ruffled Feathers
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ruffled Feathers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 pm

After being scammed and having only good friends to turn to, I found this sight via the chat room. That first time I was here, Duckhunter and Slappy were in the "room" they started my journey on the road to recovery. Ducky left, Slappy kept me talking until I was finally able to laugh. It was a great feeling.

Now I have met so many caring and giving people, this site can/is a serious place to be, but there have been many great laughs, especially with what almost_bit aka Lola and Duckhunter aka Mary are doing to that poor man Harry - it is wonderful that his punishment can be so tormentingly funny.

I will always do my best to give back to all these new friends and also to all newcomers to this site that need their stories told and allow the healing process to begin.

My love to all of you, RF

almost_bit
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby almost_bit » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 am

I searched for the name of the person that my scammer wanted me to send $4000 to and this site was the first one that came up.

I had spent a month googling everything he told me and never finding anything. I found it hard to believe that anyone could be as invisible online as he was.

Slappy was the first to welcome me here, and was so helpful, though at first I did not always take his advice. I soon learned how resourceful Firefly is, especially with those image searches. And Pinky, with her compassion.
Then AN. And Wayne, at first just to set up the radio program.

My first friend (besides the moderators) from the site (and now co-baiter) was duckhunter. I happened to be in the chat room when someone she cares about who was being scammed came in, and she sent me a PM thanking me. It was the first time I'd ever visited the chat room, and it was a very unusual session!
Then I met Red Wing, marym, Ruffled Feathers, and others I've really enjoyed.

I had no idea I'd find a hobby here, or that lying (baiting) could be so easy and so much fun.

Let's see, am I forgetting anyone? :) Of course not. I could never forget Frumpy. When I was first here, and still vulnerable, Frumpy and Slappy were the ones who made the most difference to me, through PM sessions and support....even before they started teaching me to bait.
And Frumpy was so excited about the radio that I think he'd have crawled through the internet pipe to be at the station if he could have.

I came because my search for my scammer led me here.
I posted because I wanted to help others through this site, in the same way that it helped me.
I've stayed because I found amazing people here who give so much of their time just to make a difference to others when they've needed it most.
Do NOT bait your own scammer!
___
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Carla Zahrt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

hilfe help

Postby Carla Zahrt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Mein Name ist Carla. Bitte ich brauche hilfe ich spreche nur Deutsch und etwas Schwedich. wie benutze ich das Forum um meine Informationen von den Scammer wie Bilder, Telefonnummern IP Adressen u.s.w in diesem Forum zu schreiben.

My name is Carla. Please I need help I only speak German and a little schwedisch. how do I use the forum to my information the scammers like pictures, phone numbers, IP addresses etc to write in this forum. :oops:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Im Forumüberblick stehen die wichtigsten Sachen in deutsch :) einfach lesen und dann das Wichtigste posten. Wir passen schon auf.

= We have the most important info in the German section of the Information on Scams in Foreign Languages forum overview. Just read please and then post the most important scam info, we´ll be watching.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

vaxine19
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby vaxine19 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I searched for 'Zhuvut Russian' after the scammer used the word. Top 2 hits were about her... Lucky me!

atargatis65
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby atargatis65 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I copied & pasted a love letter to google... and here I am. It was the identical letter that I received posted on here by someone else. I keep posting everything that I can so that maybe I can help someone else.

angelgirl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

word out

Postby angelgirl » Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 pm

How do you get the word out on these people?

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 pm

To these people? Or on these people?

To: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 03#p223603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =73&t=8715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Ussteri
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ussteri » Thu May 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Typed in a poem on google and your website popped up. I opened it and found the exact poem that was sent to me.

Return to “Voting polls”