It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 am

The Secure Link is the money request reason. The anonymous Nigerian scammer who plays your soldier character has another email account, which is responsible for the money request.
it´s the same with the "lawyer" of the "refugee girl scam" and the "banker" of the lottery scam.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 am

tinytee49, this is a SCAM.

Whenever you have to send money in association with some military you met online, for WHATEVER reason, it is always a SCAM.

@usa.com is a free email address, just like yahoo, gmail and hotmail.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm

tinytee49. As the others have indicated, this being a scam attempt. The military, like any other government department is funded by us taxpayers. That is what governments spend part of our taxes on. There is no such thing as "Secure Link" because it is a fairytale invented by the trickster. The leaveusarmydepartment does not exist and is an imaginery descriptive. And @usa.com is a free email address anybody could use. If a military person suggests sending money to them, especially via wire service like wu or moneygram, it is certainly a scam.

GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby GIJANE30 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:12 pm

This I received from a soldier stating as to why the secure link is nessecary. Just to let you know what they are saying and this is not the first time I have heard this excuse as to the purpose of having the Secure Link....

In some years back there was an attack by the mass of terrorists with the soldiers, many were dead and most were injured terribly. The US military decided to know how the terrorists got into the camp without any traces or alert, the result was through communication with several strangers and the soldiers which is unknown to us that they were terrorists, planning to jerk our network and they succeeded. None of us are allowed to call or receive a call from unregistered number, and before it can be registered, you must at least name a soldier on your behalf. that's the purpose for the link.

Have you ever heard of this????????????

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ghannett » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Tinytee49 -

As the saying goes, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig." This is just an example of a SCAMMER trying to make his scam sound more believable. American soldiers have NEVER been required to "register" the phone numbers they intend to call from Iraq or Afghanistan. There's certainly no up front fee associated with making phone calls from the war zone. As you probably read on these blog pages - if an American soldier you've just met asks you for money, he's not a soldier at all. He's a SCAMMER trying to steal your money.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:41 am

tinytee49, please listen to ghannett, he is a REAL military man and knows what he is talking about. ;)

Are you still talking to your scammer? BLOCK him and don't listen to any more lies!!!!
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Teddie61
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Teddie61 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Ok can the person in the Army have a yahoo account and at the end it says sent from the US army system. is that legit? And can they have cell fones to contact friends or family? Thanx Teddie61

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 am

Ok can the person in the Army have a yahoo account and at the end it says sent from the US army system. is that legit?
Answer: NO. That line at the end is not legitimate, it shows that they are trying to make it look like as if it's an official email. But in reality it means quite the opposite. Anybody can put such line at the end of the email. That line means SCAM.
And can they have cell fones to contact friends or family?
This question is already answered by ghannett above, please read the topic carefully. :) The answer is - their phone numbers must have local country code. For example, if they are in Afghanistan, their number must have Afghanistan country code. They cannot have the US cell-phone numbers, because the US sim cards don't work there.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby GIJANE30 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 am

What are the country codes for afghanistan or can you give me a website to look them up?
I have a gentlemen that works with me and he has been in the national guard for numerous years and he states that when he was in afghanistan that they had some type of satelite and he could call back home to the United States when ever he wanted with his own personal cell phone. You are saying that it is not possible because the card will not work. Has this recently changed or has it always been that they had to have phones with the country code in order to call the family or friends? Just wanted to know because from what you are saying, it is not possible for him to have done that or am I misunderstanding???????? :thinking:

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:38 am

the problem is not HIM calling home. Of course he can call anytime he wants, from his phone, with pre-paid card, Gordon even said there are AT&T call centers there. The problem is YOU calling them on different cell-phone numbers that scammers drop in messages to victims. All kinds of numbers, with different area codes, from different cell-phone providers. This is impossible.

As for Afghan country-code:
http://countrycode.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

pammy2cute
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pammy2cute » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 am

hello I was told that military cant web cam when in the war zone? did u ever hear of this?

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ghannett » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Web chat is available to most soldiers in Afghanistan. I did web chats from Iraq quite frequently when I was there in 2006. I work with an Army major who had web chats with his wife twice a day for the entire time he was in Afghanistan (2011 to 2012). However, some remote outposts don't have internet access. For those few individuals, web chats and even e-mail are not possible.

If you've been talking with someone who claims to be a soldier in Afghanistan, there are two sure fire methods to determine if he's a real soldier. First, ask him for his physical address. Tell him you want to send him some home baked cookies or a greeting card. A real soldier wouldn't turn down an offer like that. His physical address will end with APO, NY and a zip code if he's really in Afghanistan (or any overseas location). Second, ask him for his AKO e-mail address. This is his official Army e-mail address. The Army encourages deployed soldiers to use their AKO accounts to communicate with friends and family, so there's no problem for a real soldier to give you the address. Official Army e-mail addresses end with .mil (example: john.doe@us.army.mil).

A SCAMMER will make excuses for why he can't do these two things that I've suggested. A real soldier will quickly agree.

pammy2cute
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pammy2cute » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:19 pm

awesome !!!!!!!!! thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!

anne007
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby anne007 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Thank you for this post. I have learned a lot. I have "experiences" made ​​with a scammer from Ghana, who posed as a U.S. soldier. These tips here have shown me quite quickly that he is a scammer. Thank you and best regards from Germany
Das WICHTIGSTE auf deutsch von A - Z : *KLICK HIER*

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Please post the details here for other victims to find :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Military scams”