It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pictures of John Mageau, part 2

African scammers posing as white men.
Hula-Girl
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hula-Girl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm

MOD EDIT: THIS IS CONTINUATION OF DISCUSSION FROM PART 1:
http://romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pictures are stolen from a Canadian man named John Mageau:
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/john-mageau/6/32b/626" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WARNING: SCAMMERS HAVE IN THEIR POSSESSION A RECORDED WEBCAM OF JOHN!! IF YOU "SEE HIM ON CAM', IT IS NOT JOHN "LIVE" YOU ARE SEEING, BUT A RECORDING. IF YOU ASK A SCAMMER TO WRITE YOUR NAME ON A PAPER AND SHOW IT IN CAMERA, HE WILL REFUSE, OR HIS CAM WILL "BREAK" RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT.

He contacted me at the german dating site Friendscout. His friendscout name Choose00.

He sent me this message and these pictures:

vielen Dank für Ihre nette Mail. Mein Name ist Michael, Single und ich sind gerade gekommen, um friendscout. Ich suche die Frau meines Lebens, eine Frau, die ich lebe mein ganzes Leben mit.

Bin 53 Jahre alt, ich bin bereit für eine ernsthafte Beziehung und ich freue mich zu wissen, dass beginnend mit der richtigen Person, unabhängig von der körperlichen Abstand. Ich bin ein treuer, leidenschaftlich, großzügig zu geben.

Ich glaube, jeder Mensch hat einen Seelenverwandten bin hier, um mein Herz zu treffen. Bin sehr offen und ich hoffe, von Ihnen zu lesen. Was tun Sie für ein Leben? Wie lange sind Sie schon hier?

auch meine Liebe, haben Sie eine E-Mail-Adresse dann kann ich ein paar Bilder von mir zu euch senden.

Meine Grüße,

Micheal

google translation:
Thank you for your nice email. My name is Michael, single and I have just come to friendscout. I'm looking for the woman of my life, a woman who I live with my whole life.

Am 53 years old, I'm ready for a serious relationship and I'm looking to me know that starting with the right person, regardless of physical distance. I am a loyal, passionate, to give generously.

I believe every person has a soul mate am here to meet my heart. 'm Very open and I hope to read from you. What do you do for a living? How long have you been here?

my love, you can have an email address I send a few photos of me to you. '

My regards,

Micheal

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Hula-Girl
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of John Mageau

Postby Hula-Girl » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Here is another one, using his pictures:

He goes for: Joseph Hilson, email: joseph118@hotmail.com
He says, he is in the military and stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan

I received this email:
Hallo

. wie geht es dir? und wie alles mit dir? Ich möchte schreiben Sie ein wenig über mich, ich bin ein employee'm große Kommandeur der Afghanistan-Armee bin, arbeitete ich für die USA, Armee seit etwa 25 Jahren, und ich habe in Afghanistan arbeitet seit 5 Jahren das Leben von nicht einfach hat mich seit dem Tod meiner Frau bei einem Autounfall, ich allein und lebteseit in den letzten Jahren einzelne, i einen Sohn von 12 Jahren namens Dennis haben, er ist mein einziger Sohn, er ist jetzt in der Army School können in die Vereinigten Staaten, werden sie sowohl in der Abbildung dargestellt.

Ich kam aus einem kleinen Familienbetrieb, sprechen die Vater, Mutter und Onkel, die alle Vergangenheit ist nun, meine Mum aus Deutschland und mein Vater aus dem Vereinigten Königreich, und sie war derjenige, der mir gedacht, wie zu lesen, zu schreiben und die deutsche Sprache, aber wie das Leben geht weiter i verloren, aber ich habe wirklich versucht, über meine Vergangenheit und im Leben vergessen, das ist der Grund, warum ich auf die Dating-Website, um einen Partner zu finden kommen, wie ich bald von meinem Job hier in den Ruhestand und dann fliegen zurück nach Deutschland in weniger als einem Monat Zeit.

Ich freue mich, ehrlich, liebevoll und liebevollen Partner, um den Rest meines Lebens verbringen.

Hoffnung, von Ihnen bald zu hören und lernen Sie viel über Sie wissen.

Joseph

google translation:
Hello

. how are you? and how everything with you? I want to write, you have a little bit about myself, I'm a big employee'm commander of the Afghanistan Army, I worked for the U.S. Army for about 25 years, and I have not worked in Afghanistan for 5 years, made it simply has me since my wife died in a car accident :shock: , I individual alone and lebteseit in recent years, i have a son of 12 years named Dennis, he is my only son, he is now usable in the Army School in the United States, are they both represented in the figure.

I came from a small family, the father, mother and uncle, the talk is all past now, my mum and my dad from Germany from the United Kingdom, and she was the one who thought me how to read, write, and German language, but as life goes on i lost, but I've really tried to forget about my past and in life, that's the reason I'm on the dating site, come to find a partner, as I soon of my job here to retire and then fly back to Germany in less than a month time.

I am happy, honest, caring and loving partner to spend the rest of my life. :mrgreen:

Hope to hear from you soon and get to know a lot about you.
Joseph

notagain4me
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of John Mageau

Postby notagain4me » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:34 am

This person is still posting on Friend Finder as of today, April 7, 2013. Not only under one profile and name, but THREE different profiles and names. I was contacted by him under the profile "coolmaxwell4love" and he used the name Garrett Maxwell. FriendFinder has deleted this one profile.
Another profile is "Simpleman2015" and "Butterfly146" I will post "Butterfly146" below.

simpleman2015 54 / M

hold my hands

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Okay ! where do i start from now ?. I am a down to earth, easy going gentleman who has a good sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.I like to explore new areas hence i like traveling but it would be more fun and great if it was to be with a perfect match.I openly talk to anyone I meet daily and I like meeting new people and finding out about them and their interests. I like learning new things and I try to keep up to date on current events. I love to travel and to see new places. I am hard working and dedicated to those who are around me, very loyal and caring. I am new to this aspect of life and I am going to take it slow for now. But open to many possibilities .I am vary close to my family hence when it comes to family matters i am very interested. tell me who you are and what you like and let's see if we have some common interests to explore together

My Ideal Person: Someone who is by their nature, emotionally healthy and happy. A person who is energetic and considerate of others. Someone who is comfortable enough with who they are to be able to be okay with open displays of affection and who will be able to share and communicate their thoughts and needs openly. A person who enjoys being physically active and outdoors, and most importantly enjoys laughing and has a good sense of humor. Someone who will allow me to be there for her and lean on my shoulder when you need too. Someone to share admiration our strengths,but recognizes and supports our weaknesses.Someone with a good sense of humor so we can laugh together, not at each other.I am very friendly, outgoing and comfortable with all people . I like people who are relaxed and open with their feelings. I like the simple things in life, long walks, a movie a night out on the town even.thanks for reading and please im only looking for someone who is serious and searching

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Andres Morris, andresmorris423@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:19 pm

netlog
andresmorris423
andres morris
49 years old - male - United States

Hello i am andresmorris, how are you doing, i am a military personnel of the US Army"I am new on here and willing to get a woman of my choice that i would spend the rest of my life with love and care in peace and harmony to build a happy family home with joy. i came across your profile and i most say you have a very beautiful smile here, So i decided to email you and get to know more about you. if you are presently single and willing to try something new in love and long term relationship with an honest man like me, you can as well write back to me.i do hope to hear from you soon, this is my yahoo id,andresmorris423@yahoo.com you can as well add me or you send me your email lets get to know more about ourself there. thank you..?

Image Image
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Scott Adams, scott_adams201221@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Oasis
scott_adams201221
Male 52 - United States
I am an easy going man down to earth, loyal, respectful, honest, fun loving and caring, I really love animals and children but really don't care for a lot of shopping, but do like antique shops and flea markets.Going to sporting events, baseball, football, hockey or watching on TV is fun. I like classic movies, Victorian, western, musicals and some action, something that takes one to another time. God is the single most important influence for me.
Location 3565mi
Virginia Beach | Virginia | United States
What I'm Looking For
I am to find a nice and caring lady whom knows what family values is all about, a down to earth, easy going and God fearing lady.

scottadams201221 says:
scott_adams201221
yahoo.com
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Daniel Ham, danielham134@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 am

email used on topic:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 80#p310380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yahoo avatar is JM

IP: 67.213.218.72
Organization: SoftLayer Technologies
Services: Network sharing device or proxy server
State/Region: Utah
City: Providence

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of John Mageau, part 2

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:59 pm

MDF.

mrluvable65
willfred adams
47 year old, man from United Kingdom
About Me and My Life
Down to earth,understanding and tolerant with a good sense of humour. Love music and sports and nature.

Hi,am will from mydailyflog.can I add u on yahoo pls?

Received: from [197.242.113.121] Nigeria
Subject: mrluvable 65 of mdf
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Wesley Mark, wesleymark@rocketmail.com

Postby Bix » Thu May 02, 2013 9:03 am

person.com
USER ID: 7089261
Nickname: Mark
Name: Wesley
State/Region: New Jersey
City: Newark

Mark: well am an ARTIST an art researcher who researches ancient statures and i also have an ART gallery here in london
honey you can add me on facebook wesley mark am putting on a blue t shirt and am holding a pet dog (LOL..that old photoshopped one!) :mrgreen:
09:57 Mark: and also add me on yahoomessenger wesleymark@rocketmail.com

facebook.com/wesley.mark.549
Wesley Mark

Image Image Image

Also has a UK scam on person.com (see below)

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Ames Macfadden, ames.macfadden@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu May 02, 2013 10:43 am

The same mollusc as above has a UK scam profile using name "Ames McFadden"

person.com
USER ID: 7089602
Nickname: fad
Name: Ames
State/Region: United Kingdom
City: Leeds

fad: Hi,
I'm Ames Macfadden, i'm an American but due to the nature of my work(Art Researcher) i lives in London,United Kingdom. Came across your profile and i decided to add you, it'll be my pleasure if we become friends. Thanks Very Much

FB
facebook.com/ames.macfadden
Ames Macfadden
C.E.O at Macfadden Art Centre
Studied at University of Texas
Lives in London, United Kingdom

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Peter Love, peterlove849@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu May 02, 2013 12:54 pm

netlog
mrpeterlove
mr.peter love
67 years old - male - United States

Hello how are u am Mr peter and i come from u s a in new york and nice to meet u pls can we chat and know more of us .
thank u am peter and nice to met u can u add me and let chat peterlove849@yahoo.com can u also give me yrs s that i can add u and chat with u ok

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Donald Clark, donaldclark681@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Fri May 03, 2013 5:33 am

yet another reincarnation of John Mageau: donald44 on confirio

44 / Male / Straight
Living in Santa Rosa, California.

About Me
Hello am donald 44 years old single dad since all
this while want to engage in a woman who has fear
of God in her mind who is not here to play pranks
i dont wanna put my pics here cuz of scammers if you wanna get to know more about me You can mail me at........
donaldclark681
AT
YH
D()T
C()M.
We be expecting ur mail very soon you can easily
add me to your msges list.........

junkmail:
Hi,am Donald Clark ,just checking you out and was attracted by yours,to cut the words short am single dad am here for a serious relationship but i know you might be the angel sent down from god something nice can come out of this. Don't measure the distance measure the heart if you wanna get to know me here is my private email.... donaldclark681 AT YAHOO DOT COM Thanks. love to hear from you soonest Don.

donaldclark681@yahoo.com

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005211572797
Donald Clark
Worked at Interesting Engineering
Went to Santa Rosa High School
Lives in Santa Rosa, California
Widowed
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Reginald Lay, layreginald@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 am

Faceless on Matchdoctor
reglay
53-year-old Male
Seeking Women: 45 - 60
New York, New York, United States
I am a calm person, but I prefer to be open. I have a lot of place in my heart for my future wife and family. A non-smoker/drinker, not into drugs (don't need them; I live natural high life). I am a very energetic man. I generally try to live a somewhat healthy lifestyle, exercising and some sort of jogging, 3-4 days a week and eating healthy. I am easy-going, and I'm not too critical about things, but I also believe that it takes two people contributing to a relationship to make it work.I believe in getting to know my partner and communication seems to be the best way to do this. I have a good sense of humor and I like to make you laugh.

thank you for writing me back,am new on this site and my pic and my profile is pending,i will be very glad if we can exchange emails for me to send you more of my pics and tell you more about me if you dont mind,my emails is layreginald@yahoo.com i will be very glad to read from you soon

Email
Received: from [41.93.150.161]
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
IP: 41.93.150.161
ISP: Expresso Telecom Ltd
State/Region: Greater Accra

i really appreciate you writing me..am sending you some pictures of me,,send me some of yours in return..

Image Image

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

edwardsmith170@rocketmail.com

Postby Bix » Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 pm

tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5988578402
Edward S, 43 Cologne, MN

Scammed1020
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of John Mageau, part 2

Postby Scammed1020 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 pm

I was approached last Saturday with a friend request on Face Book for a man named Jerry Davids Scott Willy, he looked nice so I went ahead and added him as a friend. Almost immediately I got a chat request from him. He was very sweet, telling me he is from London, but is on a ship, and works for an oil company. He has a 14 year old son and his son goes to school in Ghana. He did his homework well the company he is suppose to work for has offshore drilling they are real having offices in Ghana, there is a Zenith School in Ghana where Jerry said his son Alex goes to. He has some different pictures on his Facebook page that I haven't seen on here. Anyway he was so charming I was taken in immediately. He begged me to write his son Alex at email dysonalex295@yahoo.com. I wrote him and he wrote me back saying I would now be like a mum to him. Which tugged at my heart since I just lost my 13 yr. old step-daughter due to a divorce. Jerry told me Alex needed money for a project and asked me to find out how much, Alex said he needed a $1000, plus a laptop and an iPhone. Jerry told me he would take care of me and would wire me money to send to Alex since he (Jerry was on the High Seas) and can't send money to Alex his son. He said he fell in love with me immediately and I felt I was in love with him too. We both said fate had shinned on us. He was wonderful. He gave me his email address with is jerrywilson246@gmail.com. He emailed me and was so sweet.

Anyway my sister didn't believe it so I decided to go to Google and look up scammers to prove to her she was wrong. Well I took the test which said he may not be a scammer, so I looked at pictures and immediately found John Mageau's picture, which is the picture Jerry Wilson used.

Before I started looking him up, he asked me for a credit card so he could send me the money for his son and myself. His son and Jerry sent me a name of a man (Alex teacher to send the money too) in the following email.

to:
subject: Re: Bank

hello honey i received your emails and i want you to know that i miss you so much ,you are my dream sandi and i promise never to let you go.

honey the bank is NAB national australia bank...

My love this is taking much longer and Alex told me he needs like one hundred dollars so he can buy some food stuffs.he wrote in the night...

Right now my love i want you to go and send one hundred dollars to alex teacher in this Address

Name= Jeffery otolo

Country= Ghana

Code= +233

Address= no 33 tema avenue

send to him as fast as possible ok..

I love you i and you are a part of me and my number one ,i cant stop thinking about you,i love you with all my heart.......kiss you my Angel.....

Hoping to meet you online tonight...

Regards

This is the email I received from his "son"

Alex Dyson

May 14 (2 days ago)

to me
Hello Mrs ,i am happy to see your letter i saw late because i don't have a personal computer.

I always make good grades if not best grades...u can also ask my dad..i will love you to send to me anything you can to the followiing address

Name= Jeffery otolo

Country= Ghana

Code= +233

Address= no 33 tema avenue

i can receive it here if you send my teacher will get all for me

i miss you dear and am hoping to receive and here from you ....and now dad in high sea i want you to try your best for me so that i will know how i can manage all you can able to send

have a blessed time always

love from Alex..

When I told Jerry I have no credit card, he wanted my bank account number and other information regarding my personal information as follows:

WITH ANY BANK IN USA WE CAN PUT IN 4K TO 5K AND IS EVERY DAY, IF YOU

CAN GET ZION BANK IN THE USA WE CAN PUT IN MONEY AS WELL.

Bank Name:
Complete Account Details:
Login Name:
Login Password:
Branch Code:
First 4 digits of the Master Card

After I found out about the picture, I wrote him and told him I wanted to know who he is. He told me that John Mageau was the scammer not him. He said he wanted me to send Alex at least a $100 to $200, I told him I didn't have it so he said that I could borrow it somewhere and I told him no. He told me to set up a bank account ad send him the information or don't talk to him anymore. I was so taken in I almost believe him, but I read your blogs today and realized he is a scammer. I will not talk to him anymore. He is so convincing and personable that it is unreal. Anyway that is my story. Here are the new pictures that is on his FB page.

This next one is of "Jerry and a unknown woman" Here's what he says about her.

Please don't allow this man to get to you. He is charming and adorable and can almost make you believe anything. :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :heartbroken: :heartbroken:
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Thu May 16, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out poster´s full name and email ;)

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Graham Wood, graham_55land@live.com

Postby Bix » Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 pm

netlog
graham_wood31
Graham wood
60 years old - male - United States

How you doing today?hope cool.I saw your profile and it really impressed me,I just guess i can find hope and love in you that's why am contacting you to say hi. I am Graham and i hope you will like to meet me and get to know more about each other.I love doing anything outdoor and if you don't mind you can give me your email address so that we can send mail to mail to get to know each other . Hope to hear from you soon
ok can we have chat read now graham_55land@live.com

Return to “White Males”