It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

How many of you are scambaiters?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Are you a scam baiter, or a visiting victim?

I am a scam baiter
35%
I am a victim here for support and to help only
65%

Total votes: 286

Spectraman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: How many of you are scambaiters?

Postby Spectraman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm a scam baiter. It's just something I like to do. I want to help people from falling victim to scammers.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Welcome, Spectraman :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Spectraman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Spectraman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 am

Thank you glad to be here. :)

hurtbylove
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hurtbylove » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:24 pm

I want to know what scambaiter is?

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 am

Scambaiters place profiles on dating sites and social networks with the sole purpose to catch scammers there. Their profiles are basically a honeypot to attract and trap a scammer.

After they trap one, they get their details and post them here, to warn real victims.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

aleksandra65
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby aleksandra65 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:35 am

Hi
Iam a victim...Since oct last year, I have been on Badoo, and talk to several men from USA, UK and New Zealand...Every one have try to get money from me. But I have never send money to them, because I know I can be tricked...Everyone have need money, from tickets, taxes to goods, fee to package, hospital treatment for kids, robbery...And almost every this men are in Nigeria for buisness trip..And from US Army as well...
But I feel stupid, because I have shared pichture, and express my feelings, and told them about my life...

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum aleksandra65 :)
Would you like to post the details of the scammers?
Please post:

1) Their full name
2) All email addresses for the person in question
3) Phone numbers they have used
4) Pictures they have used
5) Where you first connected with them

For every scammer open a new topic here http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and subject of the topic you write name and emailaddress of the scammer.
We will move it where it belongs then ;)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRich
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby KRich » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I am a scam victim of something that cannot place monetary value on. I now can see over the past 2 months on 2 popular dating sites I just started on that possibly half of all email contacts I received (and continue to receive) are scams. In the last week I have learned soooo much from you good people. I will aspire with pleasure to become a scam baiter! Might as well since they seem to swarm to me. I am targeted as a Christian widow. Guess they think we are more gullible than most. I learned very quickly. I still see the handsome face of the soldier (whose real name is no mystery anymore, thank you) as I close my eyes and dream. But it's ok, he is worthy of admiration.

miss_kitty
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby miss_kitty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:49 am

I am a victim.

miss_kitty
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby miss_kitty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 am

I am a victim and I really hate saying that I really thought I was smarter but I wasn't. These scammers are good and very smart don't put anything pass them. The letters and the hours they spend chatting with you at first they spend all days with you very lenthy discussuon it will blow you mind. I am glad that scambaiters are out there.Somebody need to stop these love scammers mine was from Nigeria. I get sick just think about this. I am so happy that I found this site it has help me so much just think if not for this site I could still be involved with this scammer losing everything I have. Scambaiters I hope you take them down one by one.

Inanu
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Inanu » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 pm

I am not really a victim and if I am already a scambaiter - I don't know. I baited only one scammer and I wasn't very professional, I just did it intuitive without knowledge. It was the man who tried to scam me - my first touch to something like this. I am happily married for 32 years and the chat with that man was only a little flirt for me, a funny game and it gave me good feelings - which woman does not like to read that she is so wonderful and charming and the one and only love and so on. If I hadn't been married, I would have fallen in love.
And I would like to learn to become a scambaiter.

sunflowerstar
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sunflowerstar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:37 am

I got into the scam baiter mode because it always seemed that every guy I actually liked online was turning out to be one. So I decided to have some fun while I was at it. I am not sure if this name is actually being used any more but back in 2009 it was Timothy Fleming from My Yearbook.com if anyone is familiar with that site. He actually sent me flowers in an effort to get me to cash fake cashier's checks for him. Idiot though sent me Get Well flowers and that gave me and my sister a huge laugh. I guess I should have been glad they weren't Rest In Peace flowers or something cause evidently the idiot didn't know what he was ordering. And I would say he was using a stolen credit card. So yes they will go the whole nine yards. Back then though I was told unless I actually accepted the check the cops could not act on it. Like I was going to do that one. Right. He disappeared off the internet probably into a different name and so I have not come across him again that I know of. He also gave out a phone number. I called it instead of texting and it would not go through. Now I know why of course. Back then though I didn't know you could do that. And that explains why they will insist on TEXTING ... if you notice not one says to CALL.

I am looking for the ones I have knowledge of and some ways to show others what to look for. Will be posting more. This is a very awesome site and I don't have much money but when I can I am going to support it. Rather this site get my money than the jerks who swindle us.

knuckles
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby knuckles » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:43 pm

where to find scammers to bait ?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:16 pm

you could find them at Badoo, tagged, hi5, fish met fish, FOP, Idating4u, etc
they are every where ;)