It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Petition to stop scammers and predators on FB

Articles and media
Thunderbird50
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Thunderbird50 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:51 am

https://www.causes.com/campaigns/75115- ... -predators" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am in the group Military Scammers: The Fight Back and we, like everyone here are trying to stop scammers from creating profiles on FB in the first place. This also includes dating sites. Please support this campaign in hopes we can get FB to start monitoring their site for scammers and predators.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Petition to stop scammers and predators on FB

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 am

Amy Halldorson wants to
Get facebook to quit allowing scammers and sexual predators
This scammer is from Accra, Ghana and is just one of many scammers there and in other parts of the world. I am over what the several scammers have done to me emotionally and did not have any money to send so was not robbed financially (as many are), but It just appalls me that facebook doesn’t seem to care that this is happening and prevelant on their site. I belong to several anti-scam groups now and one day there was a post on one about a man that is a criminal sex offender allowed to have a profile on a popular dating site and I realized these sites, social media and dating sites, should be accountable to whom they let have a profile on their pages....
This is not the scammers we are talking about, at first sight, but the text mentions "Accra" and "Military scammers", so I guess it should stay, and the cause sounds right to me :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

KathyWaters
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Petition to stop scammers and predators on FB

Postby KathyWaters » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 pm

I HOPE WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THE LAST PETITION!!! WORD NEEDS TO GET OUT! LETS DO THIS!

https://www.change.org/p/responsibiliti ... e_petition

Return to “Articles and media”