It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Are you still looking?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Are you still looking for your mate, or here performing a public service?

I'm still actively looking
85%
I still have active profile on relationship sites, but am in a relationship
4%
I've found my life partner, and do this as a service to others
11%

Total votes: 373

Navek64
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Navek64 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm still looking...but not on the net...although this is a good site to meet genuine people..I've met a few who are net buddies...Proud to know them!...You know who you are too!!
Home address:77.40.99.15

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

WarriorPrincess
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby WarriorPrincess » Sat May 10, 2008 11:59 pm

I stopped looking after I got burnt by my scammer, but now I'm looking ...I know he's out there somewhere.
Warrior Princess

Heavenguardian
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Heavenguardian » Mon May 12, 2008 5:22 pm

I still also looking...but who knows...a person I was dating for over a year left me for a scammer...now he is alone .....and the scammer also took money from him....I think men do not like honest, decent ladies. :cry: :cry:

Masherbear
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Scammers

Postby Masherbear » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:05 pm

My purpose here is to help other women. I know many women who have been scammed out of thousands of dollars and it needs to stop. I also use this site as an investigative tool as that is what I have done for many years, investigate scammers. It is very important to get the word out to both men and women who are not privey to scammers and how they work. This site is wonderful and many more people need to see and use this as their own tool to help them. Thank you all for your wonderful insites and information.

carley
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby carley » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Not sure if I could go through all the upset again :cry:

Wasn't even looking when I got scammed thats the bit that hurts the most and makes me want to get even :twisted:

But if I met someone as friends and something happened thats ok with me :grin:

So want to be a friend PM me ;)
Last edited by carley on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anthony
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Anthony » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:27 am

I like many was a victim of a scammer too. After 5 months and lots of money, I finally found this site and found all the pict's and info I needed.

After months of sadness, pain, frustration, anger and not being able to retaliate, I did what everyone said to do, just forget and go on. I'm still looking and on a personals website, but have had no luck at all.

Now I am on here trying to help others from being scammed and help them through the tough times.

Good luck to all in finding someone, and thanks to all of you for a great site!

djsarge
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

where o where are you tonight

Postby djsarge » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 am

yeah still looking...starting to feel like the duracell rabbit(it keeps going n going) however scammers beware there's a new sheriff in town......moi,
so to those people who have been stung hold on to ur hats coz there's going to be a tornado ripping through those scammers!!!!!
so for all you lonely guys n girls out there who've had their hearts trampled on by mr / mrs right stay tuned

kia08
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Still Looking

Postby kia08 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Since I have been scammed I am very careful. I always try to get an email first so I can check the ip address. I was only going to talk to people that were in my state, thought that was the best way to go. Until yesterday I was talking to someone I thought lived in my state,got an email.. And guess what he's not local. I am still going to look. I am not going to let them stop me from doing what I want to do.

john42
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby john42 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:07 am

It has been close to a year for me since I got burned big time.I licked my wounds and yes they still hurt and I hope everybody involved will burn in hell.There real honest genuine people out there looking for the same thing we are and we all know what that is it is mutual love happiness and respect or maybe I should have wrote more on my profile but I found the one I really think I have visited her and will go back soon.

sonyday
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sonyday » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:18 am

Where have I been? Duhhh, just noticed this thread. Oh well. I'm "sorta" looking if that makes any sense. Not too trusting anymore. Getting older in age, but still young and active. Live a very full life here on the farm, at work, and looking for the next Wrattwarliar to tease. I know there are many wonderful men/women on this site and feel so at home here. Thanks to everyone for the humor you add to my life. As an ER nurse, somedays I need a good laugh.
Life is wonderful when you PLUG it in!

lotus123
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby lotus123 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Still looking, been through the sites, the scammers, thankfully not a victim of one, maybe it is the law enforcement training :twisted:

maybe we should start our own site here of members :razz: :lol:

bobbie
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby bobbie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:25 pm

still looking!!!
my trust level is very low, but because of this site my awareness is very high!!!!.....so i've slowed down a bit on the dating sites but I still believe in true love etc.......

Almost_Fell
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Almost_Fell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:10 pm

I am still looking. In fact, while I was being scammed I also had been contacted by someone locally. We did meet and had a great visit over coffee and we are planning to get together again. We have both been really busy so we have yet to do that but we are both looking forward to it.

It seems that I wasn't as devastated by my scammer as I had originally thought. There was always a feeling that 'he' wasn't what he said he was and it all sounded a little too...much. Fortunately, I was affected emotionally, not financally...I would never have parted with any money, even if I had it to spare. Incredibly, I think this experience made me much more aware about my feelings and desires. I know much more about what I want as far as relationships go. That to me has been a huge benefit from this experience. :)
Once burned, twice learned.

Natural Miss
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

I think i've found him :)

Postby Natural Miss » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:22 am

I was scammed earlier this year and thankfully to a number of sites, i got over this fairly quickly - baiting helped :)

Whilst i was talking to my scammer i was also talking with another man (let call him febman). I met him in Feb but basically told him that i was communicating with someone else. He made it clear that he wanted more from me but was happy to be friends. Then of course, late March, I realised i was being scammed so i didn't keep in touch with anyone cause well..i was just not ready to talk at that stage. :cry: I dropped everything/one like a hot spud for about a month, whilst i self assessed!!

What amazed me at first was that Febman was still contacting me and instead of getting rude or angry that i wasn't responding, he actually showed worry and concern in his YIM's...so mid April i figured i'd talk to him at least.

In between getting to know him, i was baiting these scammers - in a fairly methodical way :) i remember the healing that occurred with my first bait :grin: words can't describe that here....but i'm sure some if not most, know what i mean. I've done several of these and will continue to do so as a community service.

Well, its been 3months with febman and things are progressing wonderfully! :love: He has met some of my friends, and likewise..

I did take a sabatical from baiting to concentrate on this new relationship...but i will return to it! I applaud all of you who do this!! There are sooo many of them!
Never fear....reel 'em in and slap 'em is what i say :twisted:

lydia225
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

looking

Postby lydia225 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:44 pm

I am still looking and haven´t loose my faith that there are good people out there too.
And I will burn all those scammers who´s trying fishing me.But there are otheres who are asking invititing letters for VISA.

Return to “Voting polls”