It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:56 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
hook
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Email@usa.com ALL Military email address's

Postby hook » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:02 pm

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ASK THEM FOR A MILITARY ADDRESS ALL SOLDIERS ARMY,NAVY,AIRFORCE, ETC HAS A MILITARY ADDRESS. IF THEY TELL YOU @usa.com they are a scam and con because they should know their military address....Send an email to them if they tell you a military address see if it's comes back to you.....

For the Army: firstname.lastname@us.army.mil. For the Navy: firstname.lastname@us.navy.mil. For the Marines: firstname.lastname@usmc.mil. For the Air Force: firstname.lastname@us.af.mil. For the Coast Guard: firstname.lastname@uscg.mil.

Email@usa.com ALL Military email address's

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

SOPHIE DI GUGLIELMO
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby SOPHIE DI GUGLIELMO » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Hello,
In response to message GIJane30: I had a cousin in the French army, deployed in Afghanistan for 6 months (maximum period of mission) and returned to France for only three months, which has always contacted her phone personal laptop and even internet (provided by our army, for keeping morale is very important and he even assisted video delivery of his wife, LOL! ... Yes, yes it is the truth. .....) Even some time he logs on with his phone internet when the internet provided by the army was not available! ...... In fact, all mobile networks spend disputes different networks, which leave from France (ex SFR networks) then when you go to another country, you are supported by the relays and networks in the country where you are and so on to Afghanistan ..... . BUT EVEN IF I AM IN AFGHANISTAN IS MY NUMBER THAT FRENCH DISPLAYED ON PORTABLE THE PERSON CALLING BECAUSE IT IS YOUR SIM CARD that is set THE BASIS BY YOUR INITIAL NETWORK! ... For us, it works like this and I THINK IT IS lIKE FOR YOU, as in all countries??? .........Sophie DI GUGLIELMO - MARSEILLE FRANCE - le 26/06/2013 à 22:28 PM ,

@ ghannett

Hello,
Thank you very much for all the information you provide us ... the more I read you and the more I learn about how your army and the more I think I'd be better equipped to deal with fake profiles that bloom more on all social sites! ......... I suspected that such scams exist watching documentaries but just said documentary showed only the submerged part of the iceberg and not biggest part that is below the water! ....... the more I do research in the more I realize that they have no moral sense, do not hesitate to démunir the weaker and even use old photos of an attack that takes place at home before 2001 (I think, I mean I think!) an official building of the CIA -> I remember me very well, but more photo I think recognize it or unless I mistake ..... as we say in France: "If I was not sitting, I would fall in the" butt "(slang: the behind" LOL!) the ground "............ hallucinating everything can invent, but also they are not even credible, sometimes their lies do not even take the road! ...... .'s worse is that most women believe .... it is said that love is blind but at some point you have to use your brain and common sense! ..... I have a brain and I know how to use! ....... Good evening ......
Sophie Di Guglielmo France, Marseille - on 26/06/2013 - 10:56 p.m.

Loversberg
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Loversberg » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:50 am

Hi Gordon

How are you? I got question for you how often do you guys in the military have access to the internet?

pammy2cute
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby pammy2cute » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:23 am

hello! just stop by to say thanks for all your help! please keep up the great work :D !!!! :D you people are awesome!

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ghannett » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Hello Loversberg -

Sorry I missed your question when you first posted it. Better late than never!

A soldier's access to the internet and e-mail depends ENTIRELY upon where he’s stationed. I'm at a base in the United States, so I have access to the internet at all times (with my cell phone, laptop, and work computer). A soldier deployed to Afghanistan will have daily access to the internet if he's assigned to one of the large bases. If he's at a combat outpost (or COP), his access to the internet could be spotty or nonexistent. When I deployed to Iraq, my small team stayed at a COP (with Iraqi soldiers) in the middle of a large city for as much as three weeks at a time. We had no access to the internet, but had satellite phones for calling home. The phones were supplied by the Army and were free for us to use. We went back to the big American base as often as we could – sometimes once every few weeks and sometimes every few days. We would stay on the big base for up to a week at a time. During those visits to the base, we had free and continuous access to the internet. Webcams were allowed and their use was encouraged. Many other soldiers lived on this big American base and NEVER left it. They had access to the internet at all times.

Keep in mind that soldiers are in Afghanistan to do a job. NONE of them is able to chat on the internet for hours at a time. While deployed, the LAST thing they’re thinking about is developing a romance over the internet.

A final point, the U.S. military sends soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines to Afghanistan for 9 months at a time. Prior to 2011 it was for 12 months. Only a SCAMMER will tell you he’s been in Afghanistan continuously for more than nine months. They often tell their victims they’ve been deployed for “years.” They’re hoping to get some sympathy by telling you this. They think you’re more likely to send them money if you feel sorry for them.

Ok, one more point: the U.S. military left Iraq at the end of 2011. There are no soldiers stationed there. There are also no soldiers stationed in Libya, Syria, Nigeria, Ghana, or Lebanon. Everyone needs to keep up with the news! Clearly, the SCAMMERS do not. So, if a “soldier” tells you he’s deployed to one of these countries, you know he’s not a soldier at all.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 am

About Canadian military: The only adequate email domain of Canadian Forces is @forces.ca.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

peanut09
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby peanut09 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:30 am

i have a question on this one, can a military email address start with SGT first name last name@ whatever.com as a personal email? i also need to know to know if a soldier decides to do a leave form i know it can take up to 72 hours for it to be approved, but then is there like any fees at all that needs to be paid like flight fee, liberty pass, and luggage fee? i am talking to someone that claims he is a SGT in the army but he also had claimed that no money is involved with the form. the money is for a replacement of a soldier is this all true? thank you

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:21 am

Well anyone can open such an email and claim to be a Sgt., so, no.

For the most common Nigerian military scam money request reason (="need money for leave and to meet you"), let me just quote from http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 73#p373373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :
Yes, I'm in the Army now but the military pays for all my travel. There is absolutely no reason in the world for any single person to pay for my return trip to the States (the taxpayers as a whole have that covered).
and
my return flight will be covered by the military, not by a woman who I meet through an online dating site
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Kat100169
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kat100169 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 pm

GIJane30, it's called a VPN and I sent $560.00 and in a week it was over... DO NOT FALL FOR THAT!!!! He's a scammer

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:41 am

Kat100169

Welcome to RS. I am sorry to hear that you were scammed. Please BLOCK and keep silent.
Would you please post more info such: where did you meet the scammer, his fake names, email address, phone number, link to FB, Skype....whatever you can :)

Thank you and keep safe :)
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

mysteriousone
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mysteriousone » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:16 am

thank you for informing us of the official military email usage. there should be no reason why they are not sending emails from it instead of using yahoo, gmail or any other email when they can use their personal one there. I will remember to ask for this next time.

Dino_girl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Dino_girl » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:13 pm

I was recently given the following email address: militaryaccess@email.com

And was told to send them an email to request phone access to a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan.

Can someone validate that its a scam email address?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:40 am

Dino_girl

Yes, this is a scam. You would be asked to pay for this access. If someone who posts as a military wants you to pay for a phone line, cell phone or calling card so you can talk to each other, access to use the phone it's always a scam. Real soldiers can call home for FREE.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Vmarti22
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Vmarti22 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 am

Hello,
I met a soldier in the U.S. army a month ago. The only issue is we have never spoken other than through a yahoo messenger. This person claims to be a combat engineer who was in Sudan and now nigeria. I am concerned cause I ask him to call and he keeps saying calls are expensive and I've offered to send a care package with calling cards but he states that it would be better to call if he used his own cell phone but says its in the states. I'm starting to think I'm getting scammed into something.... My questions are.... Do deployed soldiers have access to funds over there and can they make phone calls? I'm anticipating his next question will be for money or phone. I just hate to doubt if he's real but at the same time don't want to be scammed.... Thanks

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:59 am

Vmarti22

Yes, indeed . You are talking with Nigerian ring of scammers. US do not have military presents in Nigeria at this time.
Real soldiers abroad do not need our money or cell phone , computers etc.... They have easy access to their set up accounts and also they have access to use phone to call their family.

Please REPORT here info such : email address/yahoo ID, phone number, link where you met him, pictures , first message then BLOCK and IGNORE.

View this info about military impostors: http://www.cid.army.mil/romancescam.html

Return to “Military scams”