It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
FrostyBabe22
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby FrostyBabe22 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:58 am

Can someone please tell me if this email address is legit?

usarmydeployedbase@usa.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri May 22, 2015 10:17 am

xxx@usa.com is for scam and not real US army email address, if you get that such email ID please post more detail about it as scam here in Military section so other people will safe. :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

cjsblubird4
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cjsblubird4 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Ok can the person in the Army have a yahoo account and at the end it says sent from the US army system. is that legit? And can they have cell fones to contact friends or family? Thanx Teddie61
Can someone ask for a package to be send to someone that is there diplomat or go to person like I have been talking to someone who says he is in Nigeria In Lagos he sent me the address of where to send his birthday package and he even attached a cell phone says this person will get his package for him with the tracking number that I will send to him.............. he also uses yahoo messenger to talk and asks me about downloading a program whatsapp I have told him I cannot download this......... I need some help here after 5 months of talking am I being scammed?

Papapa83
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Papapa83 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello,
I met a soldier in the U.S. army a month ago. The only issue is we have never spoken other than through a yahoo messenger. This person claims to be a combat engineer who was in Sudan and now nigeria. I am concerned cause I ask him to call and he keeps saying calls are expensive and I've offered to send a care package with calling cards but he states that it would be better to call if he used his own cell phone but says its in the states. I'm starting to think I'm getting scammed into something.... My questions are.... Do deployed soldiers have access to funds over there and can they make phone calls? I'm anticipating his next question will be for money or phone. I just hate to doubt if he's real but at the same time don't want to be scammed.... Thanks
Hi,
Which was the name of that soldier?

I had that too... He's in Nigeria. But we called twice. Once I paid for the card and once he did!

Papapa83
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Papapa83 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Ok can the person in the Army have a yahoo account and at the end it says sent from the US army system. is that legit? And can they have cell fones to contact friends or family? Thanx Teddie61
Can someone ask for a package to be send to someone that is there diplomat or go to person like I have been talking to someone who says he is in Nigeria In Lagos he sent me the address of where to send his birthday package and he even attached a cell phone says this person will get his package for him with the tracking number that I will send to him.............. he also uses yahoo messenger to talk and asks me about downloading a program whatsapp I have told him I cannot download this......... I need some help here after 5 months of talking am I being scammed?
What was his name? And adress?
You can google all the names if you want...

Seems like they always take their time to scam the people!

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:48 am

@ cjsblubird4

Please dont sent him any money or package , it scam. It west African scammer whose pretend to be a US military in service. Better you block him and report / posted all info that you have bout him such as his email ID, pics, skype, whatapps number, email text / chat that contain money request, etc in military section so other people will safe and we can help you more for future research.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Very hurt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Finding someone in army without email address

Postby Very hurt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 am

I don't know if I'm in the right place but I need help from anyone that knows what I can do,over the past two years I've been engaged to someone who was previously in the US ARMY and is now retired,he was moving here to Australia where I am and I haven't heard from him in a week, I did some searching online and I think I found out that the guy that is in the pictures is not really him, his sister is still telling me he loves me and that he's stil coming but the thing is I don't know if she's lying to me to I have a picture of this guy in the army but there is no name on his uniform, Im Totally devastated at the moment as I've invested in a wedding which is suppose to go ahead in 2 months which il now have to pay for, just nothing makes sense and I have two kids of my own to raise I'm a emotional wreck I don't know wat to do, is there anyway I can send a pic of this guy in uniform and someone can tell me who he really is if it's not the guy I'm with, please anybody I need help

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:01 am

Very hurt

Please you MUST post the information you have about him, Base on your sad story we can't help you without his email address, phone numbers , Skype, love letters ,pictures.....
If you met him only online and never seen in person but he asked for money I am afraid you met cyber scammer.Please DO NOT send anymore money......BLOCK and IGNORE on spot..... I am sorry for your broken heart. I was there too and know how you must feel now :(

Please read some info from US Army Investigation Unit about military impostors: http://www.cid.army.mil/romancescam.html
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Very hurt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Very hurt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:10 pm

I only have the pics he sent me of the guy that is not him I have only a Twitter name for him and I'm sure he's on face book but the pics he sent me aren't him, I've neva sent him money but I now have to pay for a wedding that he said he wanted he told me he loved me for 3 yrs and I believed him, I really want to find out the guy who is in the pictures I feel I need to meet him to explain the story and thank him for for making me find out this was not true even though this person has no idea

Very hurt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Very hurt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Very hurt

West African scammers/military impostors ALWAYS hide behind stolen pictures. Their face futures do not attract people seeking relationships online. I am sorry but if he send you someone else's pictures he is a scammer hidden behind a photo.

Please post the pictures you received which not his, and all other info you have. Each topic in our site has stolen pictures. If he reviled himself and you have the real pictures and names please add.

To look for the man from the photo is against a law. People from stolen photos have already families and children. Please read my red signature line ,it is written by a man from the photo. Do not search for troubles. Close the case and move on. Don't waste another day.

Very hurt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Very hurt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:26 pm

The thing he neva got anything from neva asked me for anything and it's been Neally 3 yrs so y go to all this trouble to get nothing out of it I don't understand it

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:19 am

Very hurt

Yes, it is sad story but unfortunately we can't help you no more. Sorry :( and good luck in the future.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

viksid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby viksid » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Who can answer...Do all Marines have these special email addresses? This email is legit....@marine.org

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm

viksid

You have to give us ALL info including letters you got if you have question. I can guarantee you if you have real person's info we will take it down, but if you met some marine impostor and he ask for money to leave the service which scammers call work you deal with a 100% scammer from West Africa.

Please post: whole email address used, profile , SKYPE ID, phone numbers , letters , pictures . Thank you.

Return to “Military scams”