It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Why cant this be stopped???!!!!

Is it possible?
duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Why cant this be stopped???!!!!

Postby duckhunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 am

That's one very busy scammer you were talking to Canadianbigtrucker. Sounds like he has not one, not two, but three full time jobs ... and still he's got time to scam you.

Block him immediately ... and you may want to consider warning all your fb friends that you have scammers on your page. There's a good chance he will or has already gone after them.

And yes, although they are overworked, probably underpaid, and rendered somewhat useless by the laws in Nigeria, the EFCC are the good guys.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

canadianbigtrucker
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby canadianbigtrucker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 am

Hi DuckHunter,

All we do when we do chat is talk about Football now and nothing else, he says he does work for the EFCC, thats is main job, his dating agency is not successful becauase its Nigeria and he is involved in charity work and thats all, I have a few of his friends on FB including women.

I know about EFCC are the good guys, he himself told me all about them and looked on there website, http://www.efccnigeria.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I think he got the message from me when we first chat a few months ago.

CBT

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:52 am

CBT I'd bet my life that he's a scammer. And his female friends probably are too ... unless they're some of his other fake identities.

If you're not convinced have him send you something by email and post up the header here. We'll check him out to the best of our ability. Or better yet, get his email address and send it to me by pm.

By not taking proper precautions you may be endangering all of your facebook friends, plus their friends .. and the friends of their friends ... and so on.

Btw, are you aware that 'charity work' is one of scammers' favorite occupations to use?
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

canadianbigtrucker
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby canadianbigtrucker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 am

Hi DuckHunter,

I will try get an email from him, all his posts are made by BlackBerry on FB, he has well over 500 friends on FB.

As soon as we started chatting on FB I have had my reservations about him from day 1, but like I say the only topic we talk about is LFC and nothing else and I would rather keep it that way, soon as money ever gets mentioned he is a gonna, he has been on my FB profile for over 3 months now and there has not been one word mentioned about money.

CBT

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 am

He has already asked you for food. Often scammers will begin by asking for something small in order to test the waters. If the target is not receptive to the request the scammer will back off and wait until he's developed a more trusting relationship with the intended victim. After the first small successful request comes the larger ones.

500 friends is an extroardinary amount for an average person to have, though not terribly unusual for a scammer. Can you pm me a link to his fb page? Perhaps I can get a better idea what he's up to by sorting through it.

Hon, I hope you don't think me too pushy on this ... if I remember correctly you're a very kind and trusting man and I want to make sure you're not in trouble with this guy.

SuzyStraight
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SuzyStraight » Fri May 08, 2015 3:39 pm

I know how to stop this. The Office of Money Laundering has all kinds of rules in effect to keep illegal money from coming into the country. It would not take a lot more to check everything going out of the country. Or maybe stop it all together. Or maybe a Sr Officer at the local bank has got to verify why these older people are sending money to Africa and have a higher authority to call before they let it go. Most Sr. Citizens get caught up in the moment. It could be stopped so easily if the banks would just stop wiring out the money.

samista
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby samista » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:27 am

One thing I don't understand is why all email accounts are not traceable in the headers of the email.
This would include yahoo and gmail, etc.
If the IP addresses for all email accounts could not be blocked, it may help with tracking down some of the scum... I mean scammers. At least those of us who have communicated with them would have a point of verifying something about the person.
Is it possible to have these companies change their policy?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Due to a class action lawsuit in the 90s AOL was found guilty of an employee selling client information to a 3rd party and the end result is an unspecified settlement. You can find the information online regarding this action. When the judgment was handed down, Gmail and other similar domains to heed of AOL's response to not disclose client IP origins but to show the IP origin of those headquarters. Other hosts such: AOL, Hotmail, Live.Outlook fallow Gmail Hosts as this is the way to protect themselves from costly lawsuits.
Mountain View location will be shown as Google (and subdomains) headquarters. Yahoo will be shown as Sunny Vale, California.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

tlove0725
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby tlove0725 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:40 pm

I don't know if this question is out of context for this group of post, but I'm curious as I've been noting that in the last year or so, I've been seeing a surge of fake profiles where these scammers have been posting photos of themselves with their so-called kids with them? Who puts their kids on dating sites??? What is their motive for using photos of kids in their profiles?? Does anybody know?
Wilma Flintstone :D

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon May 13, 2019 2:16 am

tlove0725

Scammers are are black African men in age 14-35 and I don't think so many of them have children. Scammers use OTHER peoples photos to pose as them and their children. There is no better way to defraud someone by playing with victims emotions. They think if their are posing as single widowers with children they may actually get ladies more attached and trusted through the children.

Once they gain the targeted victims trust, the relationship is bonded with emotional and psychological feelings that the illusion creates within the targeted victims; both male and female. Since there is no real-time contact with the scammer, the screen becomes the tool that helps the scammer take over mind control of the victim.
Some scammers use the floating emotions to help hypnotize the victim, they play a song over and over so the music becomes a subject cue and triggers the victim to think of the scammer when the scammer is not in contact with the victim. When the victim is away from their device they hear the song that is embedded in the mind, the victim gets an attack of anxiety or anticipation, we want to stop what we are doing and rush home to check if any messages are waiting for us. Victims will check the phone if there is a text or voice message waiting to be heard.
All this mind control is called brainwashing. This is what the Al~Qaeda taught the Nigerian romance scammers how to do, to take complete control of their online victims. This mind control/brainwashing is meant to be this way so the victims of the online romance scam ae left holding the bag to any and all violations and accused of being an accomplice to the international organized criminals and/or terrorists.

Romance scams gives the scammer infinite pleasure and power over their targeted victims.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

bulldogscountry37
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby bulldogscountry37 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Get bank accounts and bitcoin address wallets from these scammers! I have a contact that can have the bank accounts tracked and bitcoin address wallets tracked. Bitcoin is Pseudonymous,not anonymous. I need full headers of emails the scammers send (if possible).

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”