It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 pm

Who can answer...Do all Marines have these special email addresses? This email is legit....@marine.org
Not real. The domain name is for sale, and does not belong to the marines. So who was contacting you is an impostor :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

viksid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby viksid » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:27 am

I asked this guy about APO or FPO mailing address...and he gave me this....Last Name Martinez, First Name Nelson (Section) 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit 76017 FPO AA 96427-6017 It is real or not?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:37 am

I assume he is not real. To make sure it please post all info such as his email ID, pics, skype, phone number, etc in AM I BEING SCAMMED --> http://romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21 so we can help you more to research him n giving you a proof is he real or not.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:52 am

Not real. :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

daisymae
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby daisymae » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:27 am

So I asked General James Conley if he had an army email. He said it is genjames@usma.army.mil

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:13 am

And you have actually written him to there and he has replied from there?

EDIT As could be expected, it bounced. Images are well-known as used in scams either, it´s all here now: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 52#p458052
Well done, daisymae :)

leesa.london
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby leesa.london » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:13 pm

inquiryboard@mail.mil

Is this a real military email address?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:25 am

leesa

It could be fake address, depends on the contest of the message you got . Please kindly post the profile, some messages , pictures, phone number and we will help you to determinate . Please do not send money or do the favors to anyone you met online. Be safe.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Shorter answer, before seeing additional evidence, no. Because the actual format is "first name+last name".
Which Lt. Col. Hannett explains in the very first post:
Now, the Army has created a new format that looks like this: firstname.middleinitial.lastname.mil@mail.mil. That's what a soldier's e-mail address would look like.
So the email you received comes from a fake "sent from", in all likelihood. Analysing the email header (FAQ) would be of further enlightenment here: I bet its "reply-to" line shows a yahoo, hotmail, gmailetc email address - which is typical for African scammers to work this way ;)

Julie112
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Julie112 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:37 am

I have been talking to a guy who said he is in the militery he said he is in nigeria / chad border guarding the border but never said were he was based he got to asking for money for a ticket bak i said to him why didnt u gdt a return ticket home his mates were messaging me saying it cost 730 pound told them i dont have a bank account his boss told me i dont need a bank account and he wud send the address to me i am wondering wat the real address wud look like because i have a stronge feeling it is fake i asked for the email address his boss gave me a email address and i asked for the other guess email address he told me they use the same email address plz help thank u for reading this

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 am

Please post that email address (and photos used if you can), it´s a Nigerian scam. :) "The boss" is the same gang ;)

Ash79
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ash79 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 am

Question, is the following email address part of an Army romance scam: usmilitary.info@mail.com?

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:12 am

Yes, a mail.com email is something anyone can register.

stadtpirat
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby stadtpirat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Hello,

I have a question concerning US military e-mail too. Currently I am chatting to someone stating to be a US Marine veteran currently deployed to UK for a career course. He already told me that he is short of money as he lost his debit card. Already suspicious...
I know about that military scams so I asked him to text via his official military e-mailadress. He said that he is not free in using that accont for everything and that this account accutaly only is for important messages and that if I wanted to text via this account he would need to register me officially what he only could do in the states. Can this be true? Would be glad for your help!

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:56 pm

stadtpirat

Welcome to RS. Please know you are chatting with scammers. If they can't fulfill your expectations they will keep lying and at the same time brainwash you and come up with the stories why they can't use official mail to the point that if you didn't know better you could actually fall for it.
Scammers try to create very official sounding email addresses but please do not confront them about it. Stupid and uneducated scammers are less harm to the people searching for relationships online. They are easier to be spot and reported as fraud.

Kindly post: fake profile, email address, phone numbers, stolen pictures, fake name, money request info. Please BLOCK them and IGNORE, be safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Military scams”