It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:46 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Micheal Ilario; <ilariomicheal@yahoo.com>

African scammers posing as white men.
coffeecup
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nicholas Draper nicdraper52@gmail.com

Postby coffeecup » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:09 pm

I met this guy on match.com as weller mccarthy- stating he is a Sgt Major getting out of the Army soon after 20 years and coming from Afghanistan. He spells as English is not his first language, tho he claims it is. He asked me to buy him a laptop and a gold watch after declaring love at first sight and undying devotion. He sent the same pix you have here and that is how I recognized him. I work in the Federal Govt and Military in Information Acquisition - did he not think at some point he would be found out ?! Wow. When I would NOT buy him a laptop he claimed he would get one from "his Diplomat" - cough. I let him know I had found his information and there was complete silence at his end. Please pass this on - shameful to abuse the Military like this. There ARE people who serve honorably.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

catgirltres
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby catgirltres » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 am

This dude sure gets around. "Charlie" started chatting with me on Match the day before yesterday (he had one photo posted and it was different). Said he was new to the site, had just signed up the night before. We started trading emails and he kept encouraging me to chat with him on Yahoo messenger.

In this version, the guy was a 49 YO mechanical engineer with the US Navy and stationed in Kabul, getting ready to retire and come home in a couple of weeks. Divorced 6 years ago, no kids. Loved swimming. He was asking me general Qs at first (what do I like to do for fun, do I go to church and what is my level of spirituality, etc). When I went to Match this morning, his profile was no longer available (imagine that! So, no way to save/share the pro pic he used). That was a huge flag right there; why would anyone just start on a site then hide his profile?

I can tell you his user name this time around is Flowers 9625 and his email is seapassion24@yahoo.com (the IP traced back to CA, not FL - where he supposedly was from). Unlike others experience on here, his grammar was pretty good (maybe someone more educated started using this dude's photo). He did start in with the "I want to get to know you better" and "let's use Yahoo Messenger so we can get to know each other better" yada, yada, yada. Curious, I messaged him for confirmation of my feelings, see if he would push. And he did. When he asked me where I was born, I replied I "felt I was rattling on about myself; I'd like to learn more about you." He gave a quick comment about how he liked to hike and go ice skating - then zeroed right back in on where I was born. Bingo! I told him I had to take a call, I'd chat later and now I am blocking him and going to see if I can report him/his new username to Match. I'm fairly new to this online dating thing, but two dudes so far wanting me to go on Messenger (never got to the email stage with the first one) is making it hard to trust the few decent guys actually on the site. And I will tell Match this when I cancel with them.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

seapassion24@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 am

catgirltres

Thanks for update on West African romance scammers.
Oh boy...since you new to dating online please verify carefully our site and learn how not to fall in traps of millions fake profiles owned by scammers.
Please report to us link to their Match.com profile , then BLOCK and IGNORE.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

vjacobs210
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby vjacobs210 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:26 am

UpliftedJames new on POF - says 50 y/o lives in Dallas (but when asked "where" says Southlake) retiring from 22 years in Army currently in Kuwait al asiah. says son studies in the UK, king college (son is 14 years old).

James Mccarthy- "looking for genuine and caring woman" - looking for a "God-fearing woman who lives according to Christain principles. Be honest in all circumstances, supportive, friendly, loyal to his family...

says "PS if you like to know more of me just write (I don't bite) but kiss well.

I've posted 2 photos (3rd shows him with a Boxer/dog)

I asked for his email address/but he said "he's not allowed to email without an upgrade" so wanted mine.

lists first name as Mccarthy -

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nicholas Draper - nicdraper52@gmail.com

Postby Igulinka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:56 am

Google plus=>plus.google.com/u/0/107438879056502957346/
Nicholas Draper

coffeecup
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby coffeecup » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Thanks everyone ! Let's keep the pressure on! I have reported him to Match and then he jumped over to Chemistry.com as Dennis and tried to get on my phone through tumbler and another app - BE CAREFUL. I realized it was him when he texted me through those apps and said "Oh you shut down your Match account , cute... did you think I wouldn't find you? " So now I have him blocked completely , but he seems frustrated that he has been found out and also sees nothing wrong at the same time - a true scam man and sociopath type imo. What is strange is that Match would take NO responsibility and would not find his IP address and shut him down. Shame on them. I will keep checking here and again thank you so very much for all postings.The truth matters!

CaligirlinNM
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CaligirlinNM » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:21 pm

So, I've been talking to this same guy or at least the guy in the picture for a week. Surprisingly there has been no asking for funds or anything else.... I was just waiting knowing deep down he is a scammer. But... I decided to look it up on here and sure enough here are the same pictures. Just different name and emails used. Going to share what I have as of August 10 2015. He is now using the name Chris Sergio Woodford. From Carson, CA. He is 50 and deployed in Syria on a Peacekeeping mission by the UN and so far there for 2 years. He claims to have lost his wife and daughter in a car accident. He says he moved to the states when he was 5 with his mother and lived in Carson, CA. But moved to Spain with a family member for a while before joining the Navy. Where he retired from before being asked to do the peacekeeping mission. And the same for me as all the other posts. The English language isnt fluid and was the first sign for me. He has sent many pictures which I am including only the ones that are not already on the this web sight. Always do your homework ladies.... protect yourself. No one else will.

Email address using is: sea.blue73@yahoo.com also his yahoo messenger name. As well as brown.eyes6009@gmail.com (claims to not enjoy using Hangouts, prefers yahoo).

url=http://postimg.cc/image/j4u3o1cdp/]Image[/url]

dbullemer
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Micheal Ilario; <ilariomicheal@yahoo.com>

Postby dbullemer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:22 am

This poor guys pictures are still being used... now the user claims his name is James Kirk... yeah I know... straight from Star Trek! His email is james.kirk56@yahoo.com. Beware!!!! He has not gotten any money from me nor will he because frankly... I'm broke. The laughs on him/her/it! HA!

dbullemer
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dbullemer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:33 am

Here is another image that is being used

dbullemer
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dbullemer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:37 am

Oh and he's on OkCupid

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:07 am

Could you please post his ok cubid user name ? And welcome to RS :-)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

sunshine0815
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Henry Maccarthy - henrymaccarthy616@gmail.com

Postby sunshine0815 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:06 pm

I met him by neu.de / he was on match.com
Name: Henry Maccarthy
Email: henrymaccarthy616@gmail.com
He's in the US Army.... more I can't say, because I've broken the contact after a few days... found the pictures in tineye after his profile was deleted on neu.de because of "not trusted"...

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Henry Maccarthy - henrymaccarthy616@gmail.com

Postby Igulinka » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:06 pm

sunshine0815

Thank you for reporting the scammer. Glad you broke the contact. Better be safe then sorry.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

sunshine0815
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sunshine0815 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:12 pm

New pictures from "Henry Maccarthy" Poor guy which photos are stolen from...

april.sheriff-munoz
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby april.sheriff-munoz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:37 am

So I've been emailing and texting a guy who tells me his name is Nathan Scott. His story says he is an E-9 in the US Army and ready to retire w/i the next 6 weeks. I looked up one of his assignments and this big scammer alert popped up. I read the story and it was almost verbatim what he wrote me. There were other red flags as well....not having access to a his military e-mail because the Taliban hack into their system yada yada yada. He sent me a picture of the nice looking clean cut guy on this site (whom I wouldn't mind meeting, by the way...lol). I met him on Match.com and he was the FIRST person I started emailing. I wrote Match about him and they said if I didn't have his username and email they couldn't do anything, but they would investigate. I gave them what I remembered. He closed out his acct on Match, so I cant remember the whole username. I did confront him ...I didn't know not to initially and then I came upon this site.
We all live and learn. I'm glad I listened to my gut and did some investigating. I just wanted others to know there is another alias to add to the list.
April

Return to “White Males”