It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

How romance scammers live and work

How African Romance Scams Work
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

[what has been going on?]

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Without a lot to go on here, I'm going to make some assumptions and try and explain what has happened to you. First I am assuming you are over 40, newly single, lonely and seeking a relationship. You are fairly inexperienced with computers and using the internet. You've been hurt by a previous relationship and when this handsome man messaged you one day, insisting he was seriously attracted to you, flattered you endlessly, told you every kind thing you'd ever wanted a man to say and promised to treat you like a queen forever, it might have even crossed your mind momentarily that this was all too good to be true.

Sadly it is all too good to be true. This man swept your sensibilities and cautions away with his brainwashing and preyed upon your loneliness and longing to be loved. But let me be VERY clear on one important fact: The man in the pictures is NOT the man whose words stole your heart and took your money. He played you until he was convinced you were in love and desperate to please him and then he invented a reason to need money that only you could give him.

Unfortunately, we cannot accurately pinpoint and tell you exactly who is responsible for this horrible assault you have been victimized by. We can only give you a profile. He is a young West African male, probably between the ages of 16 and 25. He lives in Nigeria or Ghana or possibly Malaysia and there's a good chance wherever he is, he is Nigerian. He scams for a living. He works in a 'gang' of 3 to 10 other males and/or sometimes a female or two as well. The gang has a boss, who might provide the location, computers and Western Union and law enforcement bribes. Every member of the gang has a job they do and they work round the clock roaming dating and social media sites, collecting pictures, making email accounts, reading and stealing profiles, sending out flirts and contacts, sorting and answering emails, developing new avenues to collect money and story lines, plus a whole lot more (including phishing and hacking). The scammers with better English skills are usually the ones who do the majority of writing profiles and lengthy emails. They also do the phone calls, especially if they can speak English with any other accent besides African. Chances are good that you were never in contact with just one man in the beginning.

Now what must you do? First, do not confront the scammer with what you've discovered. It will do no good. He lies for a living. You will NEVER get truth from him. Second, protect your personal information. Get a new email account and switch friends and family over to it, then close the one the scammer has. If this is not possible, block him entirely but beware that he will reinvent himself and try to come back to you. If you do Facebook, change your settings so that no one can see anything about you except your closest friends and family. If he has your phone number and sends you text messages, take your phone to your provider and ask them to block the scammer if you don't know how to do it on your own, but like the email, scammers have access to other phones so if he manages to get a call through, hang up on him immediately. Don't ever answer another text message from him again. And if you used Yahoo chat, close your account and stay off it for a few months.

The most important thing to do now is to cease ALL communications with your scammer.

What you should do next: REPORT! We need you to post up as much information on this criminal as you possibly can. We need email addresses and names he used in the scam. Tell us his story line. If he sent you banking information it would have been a stolen or compromised account and all that information needs to be reported here so we can get the account closed. Your money won't be there, but we can stop it from being used again to scam others. And there are others. Scammers never do just one job at a time. They have an ongoing, continuous pipeline of victims in various stages, paying or being primed to pay. When you report, Google picks up the information quickly and victims who get suspicious can find truth when they search. This ruins scammers jobs and interrupts their cash flow. They have to do more work to create new profiles and one thing scammers hate is work. But mostly the work we do just annoys the scammers. Our real mission is to educate and warn victims and potential victims. This is why we ask you to report.

Also, if you forwarded money sent to you by other victims, or if you forwarded merchandise, you should notify your local police that you were involved in a scam. Otherwise a paper trail might lead to your door and leave you liable or even prosecuted. It might even be best for you to seek advice from an attorney. Also for government statistics to be tracked, you should report to IC3 http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They will not be able to do anything, but they need to be made aware. Someday, Americans will have lost enough money to Nigeria and these scams, it might affect politics.

Are you overwhelmed with information now? Any other questions, feel free to ask here.

Don't waste any time posting this scammer up here. You are completely safe and need not fear him. He will move on to other victims soon.

ImageImage
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

[what has been going on?]

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

recovery scammers

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:42 pm

ImageImage
FAKE POLICE EMAILING ME ?

QU: I just sent 2 of my scammers to prison in Ghana for 97 yrs in prison first week of Feb. If you have sent money, collect all the documents and send to Ghana police. If you need more information contact me and i will give you more informations

A: Sadly, I doubt any arrests have really happened as you claim. It would have made the news. Google "Recovery scam" 100% likelihood and a common continuation of an African romance scam, done by the same gangs that done the original love scam. There is a section in our FAQ on "recovery scammers" and we post such almost every other day as soon as they arrive in my inbox. They email you pretending to be police or FBI (at gmail dot com) and make promises and just ask for more fees and more fees from people. Hope you haven´t paid the "police at yahoo dot com" that had emailed you and gave you these new lies :(

The topic on recovery scammers mentioned is here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 86#p394386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: How romance scammers live and work

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:07 pm

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... -boyfriend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a new sad record of "money amount lost in one singular romancescam".

The former "record" were 1.2 mio, in January 2010 (it´s been that long!) : http://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/innla ... 475821.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Norwegian Kr 7.5 mio were $ 1.2 mio in January 2010) :(
That old article in English TL is here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 08#p125808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People, watch out please :( Always google EVERYthing. It might save you lots of money, by leading to a warning scamlist.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

[FB draft: "the major script", in short]

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:46 am

Thanks for new info. These fake profiles ("scammers") are all (all!) made by West-African organized gangs (most prominently, Nigerian "students" in Malaysia - cf. FAQ why!) - grabbing any random pics from the internet and naking up random combinations of names, dozens each day, they fill all the major social sites, so you will find the same faces over and over on various social sites, and never will anyone of these faces be real :( the gangs hiding behind them all just ask for money :(
ImageImageImageImage

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

useful typical military scam case and typical first reactions

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue May 05, 2015 11:05 am

This is from a typical normal convo with a military scam victim (i.e. she believed he was a real military man looking for love online).
well being of sound mind and much smarter than these scammers seem to think i am, i knew this guy didn't message me after viewing my Facebook Profile. it just came out of nowhere and honestly no one can see my email on Facebook unless they are my friend first. Which seems to me and appears i need to have a purge of facebook friends. oh and he is also coming out of the closet as well. yeah he has suddenly turned gay all of a sudden. :-o

i think this is very disrespectful to this man as well as any serving military member, and wish there was a way i could trace this email back to the sender. he also goes by Benjamin now, and is in Kahbul right now, with internet access..with i also knew this was a scam as the way it is written and poor grammar gave it away as well. not to mention i would never be contacted by a guy that looked this good, let alone by one in the military.

i couldn't see what rank he was in the picture and i tried to get the last name on his uniform to do a search. also they have used a new picture as listed below. i really hope that someone catches these sick bastards and punishes them for doing this, trust me i would do far worse if given the chance. i hope this helps out if even a little bit.

Email Used:
benjaminbenjamin440@gmail.com

Name:
Benjamin O' Connor or Benjamin Benjamin according to the email

Here be his Pic:
reply to report:
Thanks for posting.
"He" is a Nigerian gang taking turns: One does all fake profile registrations, one all the mass-emailing, one with better English does the phone calls and one is the money pickup criminal. The bosses get their shares in every step during each successful scam payout :(

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

basics as to why not confront

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 am

Katie, what you have told us is a story I have heard many times before,
victim has suspicions about being scammed and confronts the scammer
Scammer tells victim that his photos are being used by a scammer and or that he was hacked
Victim turns up here to profess the scammer's innocence
Victim assures us that the person is real and that they "KNOW" he is not a scammer
Victim goes on to get scammed

To prove my point, the little girl in that previous picture is a child model from focushawaii.

If you would like to post some of the emails you have received we should be able to give you more proof if you need it but the very first thing you need to do is to stop all contact with this person, the person in the pictures is not a scammer, the person writing to you is.

Just adding, the girls name is Bethany, Focushawaii doesn't seem to be working right now but if you were to do a search on focushawaii bethany you will find other examples of the same picture, she is often used by scammers as their daughter

***RESEARCH IS EVERYTHING**** :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

"mugu upgrade" - curriculum vitae

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:33 pm

A perfectly normal example of who your African romance scammers are:

Example: One pretending to be camgirl "Lovelymary4u", and his recent biography as found from the social networks of the scammer

Summary: A university degree Nigerian (who was in Lagos in 2008) who is now in Ivory Coast scamming as one black and as one white female.

"mugu upgrade" from 2008 to 2015 : uni student in Nigeria (Tagged, fake male profile) => now "businessperson" in Ivory Coast (two fake FEMALE profiles). What could he tell us about the better gender as far as paying victims are concerned... ask Amaechi Chigozie Nwachimee in Abidjan when you meet him at the beach.
same email and same Nigerian scammer scammign from Ivory Coast as in this fake profile here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 60#p444760

bedonmanb@yahoo.com => S: miss gloria, Còte d´Ivoire, miss.gloria88

=> facebook.com/amaechi.chigozienwachimee
Bedon Nwachimee Nwachimee
Businessperson at Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Single · Male · Interested in males and females
Read Eze Goes to School
Studied at fedral polytechnic nekede

=> T:

Bedonman B

Zuletzt aktiv:vor 3 Monaten

Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria

Summary: A university degree Nigerian (who was in Lagos in 2008) who is now in Ivory Coast scamming as one black and as one white female.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Paul Clington, sgtpaulclington@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:18 pm

ImageImageImage
This Nigerian youth delinquent ("scammer"), living in a student dormitory in Ondo, Nigeria, asks women for money over the internet.
In a very standard massmail message approach, this liar and criminal pretends to be a BRITISH soldier on Waplog (a dating site) and to be a US-ARMY SOLDIER on Facebook (here).
When a soldier adds you on the internet, and asks for money - Nigerian scammer!!
Be alert, folks, and report us their emailaddresses, so we can see what can be found of their internet activities :)

[Topic and how-do-I-know is: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=89577 ]

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Kate; <kate.fate@yahoo.com>

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:02 am

Been online recently? "Kate" (not real) from "Texas auston" introduces herself with "Am Kate by name living in Texas".

DON´T BELIEVE IT! SHE DOESN´T EXIST!

It´s a Nigerian scammer called Hamzath!

ImageImage

His details are "Hamzath, Ogun, ijebu north, Nigeria" and he looks like this^^

BTW Hamzath has more than one iron in the fire; to make additional money presumably from his fellow Nigerian folks, he also scams as a black female "looking to chat" on Badoo.

Almost all romance scammers work this "multiple-profiles approach" way, to make easy and lots of money.

DON´T PAY, watch out, google everything :)

Topic and how do I know is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=40372

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Who is Richard Hudson?

Postby Igulinka » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:13 am

=>>badoo.com/01196741858/
Reynard, 57

Appearance:
5' 10'', 220 lbs, average body, bald and blue eyes
I am looking for a more....... Image

Phone Number (951) 389-0712 Is a VoIP from Los Angeles CA

ImageImageImageImageImage

-----------------------

SKYPE ID : rey.hudson1
Alias: Reynard Hudson
IP=154.118.37.243 Nigeria<<=REAL location of the scammer
IP=38.95.109.38 - reported as used in scams before
First pic.as avatar

----------------------

=>>meetme.com/member/127181789
Reynard

59, Male
Manassas, Virginia

-------------------

Yahoo Avatar:

-----------------

Proud :mugu: at G+
=>>plus.google.com/u/0/110243004910203591005/
Reynard Hudson

Works at Dubai Financial Market
Attends Middlesex University
Lives in Cerritos, CA, United States

In this profile pictures stolen from 5 diff.victims , see here:

1) http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=90748
2) http://72.52.178.74/forum/viewtopic.php ... 00#p450384
3) http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=90747
4) http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=90746
5) http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=90750

:mugu: also at SKYPE:

SKYPE ID: realreynard
Name: Imoh Hanson

=>>tagged.com/profile.html?view=mini&uid=6012320314
Reynard H

Stolen picture here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=90748

=>>Zorpia/Benedikt
Looking for relationship in Norway
Stolen from FEMALE picture here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=90750

=>>meetme.com/member/98865210
Imoh Hanson

29, Male
United Arab Emirates

:dumb: =>>badoo.com/0390097609/
Isaiah, 28

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

David Young Demonstrational Object

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Happy new 2016 everyone!
Ghana and "David Young" are still going strong, here is a typical example of with how many different fake identities one scammer actually works, massmails, scams and steals :(

same email and same Ghanaian scammer as here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... &start=105

and as here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 21#p463421

^^email leads to a ridiculous (ridiculous only in its monotony, not in the criminal energy of these gangs which is clearly demonstrated here) number of Skypes, all but one (this one) without avatars, typical Ghanaian scams, white/black female and white male and military scams...nicks listed below:

=> S1: Jonas Dickson, new york, United States, jonas.dickson55
=> S2: find true love, barecelona, Spain, find.true.love1
=> S3: wendy collins, Leeds, United Kingdom, wendy.collins74
=> S4: sugar honey, topronto, Canada, sugar.honey0
=> S5: Dennis Konadu, Accra, Ghana, dennis.konadu.x1
=> S6: Linda Mark, toronto, Canada, linda.mark.x1
=> S7: Find True Love, Barcelona, Spain, find.true.lovexx
=> S8: Sweet Wendy, Kumasi, Ghana, sweet.wendy.10
=> S9: Njame na enime, ontario, Canada, nyame.na.enime1
=> S10: Gifty Boateng, toronto, Ghana, gifty.boateng15
=> S11: Honest Woman, leeds, United Kingdom, honest.woman.0
=> S12: Alan Brunner, Leeds, United Lingdom, alan.brunner54
=> S13: Wendy Sweetlove, Kumasi, Ghana, wendy.sweetlove
=> S14: Tracey Madonna, ontario, Canada, tracey.madonna
=> S15: Ruby Peters, Ontario, Canada, ruby.petersx9
=> S16: Simple Pretty, bahamas, Liberia, simple.pretty.x0
=> S17: Cute Lady00, toronto, Canada, cute.lady00
=> S18: Cute Lady, Toronto, Canada, cute.ladyx
=> S19: Joan Combs, Leeds, United Kingdom, joan.combs01
=> S20: Joan phillips, ontario, Canada, joan.phillips.0
=> S21: Find true Love, barcelona, Spain, find.true.love0

Stay safe. Not everyone on the internet is who they say they are :(

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Maria for real = Solomon D. Okpali, Nigeria

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm

"Maria" for real = Solomon D. Okpali, Nigeria
Met Maria on Google +? And she asking you to contact her by email? It´s a Nigerian scammer!

can someone email me or text me

plus.google.com/105971154308467999459/posts
Maria Verbeck
United Nation for children care
Nurse
ImageImageImage

romance scammer identified.

facebook.com/solomon.dokpali
Solomon D Okpali
AIYEDERE AJIBOLA HIGH SCHOOL OLD STUDENT
Studied at AIYEDERE AJIBOLA HIGH SCHOOL OLD STUDENT
Lives in Lagos, Nigeria :mrgreen:
:heartbroken:

=> S: solomon D okpali, KETU/MILE12, Lagos, Nigeria, king.solomon170
Image][/url]

Main scam report from here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=94493

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

[why Cyril a Nigerian blogger helps children money donation scammers]

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Quoted and abridged from full report here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 9&start=30

Pictures stolen from Dr. Andy Baldwin
Report by victim:
David Oscar scam from Nigerian man,originally pictures belongs to Andy Baldwin, and Nigerian man using it like David Oscar!!
In begin I didn't know that,he contact me by Tango aplication. After some time he asked me money for poor children in Africa,he say he volunteer in Army like a doctor, than he say he have daughter 8 years old, he is 40 years old and his wife die 5 year's ago!!
I Send hem 200 dollars for help for poor children in Africa. But I realized that it's scam whan person in western union tell me obout scammer in Nigeria!!!
After he want me to trust hem than he send me a link obout donation: davidoscars.com
He using viber,skype,WhatsApp, match.com,Tango and a lot more aplication!!! He say he it's born on December. Stop talking to hem or giving hem any money!! I have an experience now, I will never send no money no one, I will help my own family who it's poor!!! Better I give a $200 some homeless people in the streets!!!!
This fake site was also registered in Nigeria. Turns out a Nigerian blogger did it. 419 as a little side job?

Domain Name: DAVIDOSCARS.COM
Creation Date: 05-apr-2015
Registrant Name: david Oscars
Registrant Street: 16 siluko road <= This actually exists, in Benin City, Nigeria
Registrant City: New York
Registrant Country: NG
Registrant Email: vitaareana@gmail.com

=> vitanaija.blogspot.de/p/blog-page.html
vita naija Blog
Vita updates from naija.
(...)
Contact Us
(...)
Fashion & Style Editor – Cyril Patrick– vitaareana@gmail.com

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

typical everyday Nigerian mugu-example

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:09 pm

uni graduate => easy money => becomes a "Military" on the internet

Who are our military men, that contact me all the time on the internet on neary ANY site allover the internet (incl. Facebook)? See this typical example:

Olamilekan Oluwaferanmi Babalola, uni graduate => wants easy money => becomes a "military" on the internet and chats up as many women as he and his friends can, asking for money

How as your day been like so far? Here are some more pics of me and I hope you love them .....pls let me know what you feel about them ok ..thanks

=> Skype: Leonard Martin, USA, lmart121
=>FB: Olamilekan Oluwaferanmi Babalola (Oba Seeingtinzz )
CEO at Tinzz Exclusive
Lives in Lagos, Nigeria
Studied Business Management at EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY,ADO-EKITI,EKITI STATE.(EKSU) '14
:mugu:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Gregg Banner

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:54 am

Pictures stolen from British Royal Navy Chaplain, Revd. Stuart Hallam, see below.

m2 chat:
Hello can we get to know each other's
Are you on Kik or Skype
You can text me on 8637744620
Were are you from
Okay am from Idaho falls but am currently in Afghanistan for peacekeeping mission

Rambles on m2: greggbanner "Hi.."
55 year old man from Hollister, Idaho Looking for woman for dating Online now!

Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Widowed
Have Children?
Yes, they live at home

Turns out the scammer is this dirty little punk: twitter.com/hines_antonio/status/227624124284018688
ohh.thatsjj
‏@hines_antonio

Htc (863) 774-4620
21:39 - 23. Juli 2012
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 1&t=100242

Return to “How African Romance Scams Work”