It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Attila Csaba Horvath - topic

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:24 pm

I am the true Attila Csaba Horvath! Fraudsters these photos downloaded to the Facebook website! Please, no one would believe these lies. I live in Budapest, Hungary's capital, and I am a 55 year old photographer, graphic designer, video editor and creator!
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:44 am

Steven Benett topic

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 am

Well this is awkward.

I am bored at work and decided to google myself. Turns out my pictures are being used by some Nigerian scammer douchebag. I guess I'm kinda flattered......but not really.

My Name is Brandon Bennett. I recently retired from the Army and the vast majority of the pics in this thread are of me. I have never been on a dating website in my life. I'm happily married with two great kids.

I hope nobody fell madly in love with my pictures and sent these guys any money. But if you see me in any more online dating scams please post it up here. I know there is no way to stop them from using my pics but at least I can get some entertainment out of it.

Take care and be safe.

Later, commenting a photo:

HA!

That's a picture of my Commander and First Sergeant serving thanksgiving dinner in Iraq in 2008.

Of all the pictures to use, these idiots choose that one. Smart bunch of guys, I tell ya.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Jeff Silver - topic

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTpB7irnuQs <-- This is the real guy being impersonated.

Dear Psycho Bitches

You may think I'm heartless but in all honesty. This has gone to far. I've had more than a couple of years of people impersonating me. I had no clue that some many people have been scammed. So now I'm pissed. The truth is though that I can not fix this for any of you.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:47 am

chrissie.lapidow

Those pictures are of my husband (who is not Henry Owen)! We've recently learned that his images are located all over internet single sites, and we've receiving correspondence from many women who have been affected by this person's terrible actions. We sincerely apologize and we are doing our best to track down these people and remove fake profiles! If you come across this guy pretending to be my husband, Thank you kindly!
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

thewillow
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby thewillow » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

So glad you posted these emails. Glad to read these people do not want us contacting them. As we all know it is difficult from both sides. Very Extremely difficult. We have fallen in love with a picture. Yes I am still in love with the Picture too, but I can understand why we can not contact or try to contact the real person.
All I can say thru this healing it is overwhelming for everyone on both sides. Us who fell in love and those who own the real idenity in the pictures. Can't spell that word, I guess.
Again thank you for posting these as all of the information here will help us heal. Many of us are so raw for me. We were still to be together here in Canada until this coming Friday when we were to fly back to the UK together with our marriage visa.
Ugg and I will survive like all of you have and all of you will just like me.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Sergeant Major Jeff J. Mellinger

Jul 21, 2016 5:12 pm

I was just sent this link by a friend who noticed all the scammers using my name and photos. I assure you that I am happily married, and am not looking for a bride, don't need help with medical bills, and don't live anywhere any of these claims say I do.

I report about a dozen fake profiles off facebook every month, and they just keep coming back. I have received numerous messages from women telling me they have been conned by fake profiles.

Thanks for exposing these blood-suckers, and for helping keep vulnerable, gullible and trusting people a little safer.

Jeff

mysterylady
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mysterylady » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:20 pm

On July 16, 2016, I received an e-mail from a friend informing me that my former pastor's profile was hacked. I informed him and hopefully he changed his security settings and reported it to Facebook.

I feel very sorry for the people who have had their profiles hacked. I never tried to find out who was behind the picture of the person who scammed me. It would have caused more pain for me and the person and their privacy would have been violated. No victim should pursue that avenue.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:23 pm

John Jones topic

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:53 pm

That's a complete scam. That's my stolen picture from social media. Avoid this guy

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:36 am

Staff Sgt. De Gosh Reed

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:18 am

Thats actually me and I get the craziest msgs on my Facebook about it. I am sorry to hear about the people who have been scammed using my image. I don't want your money, I'm not in danger, and I'm not in the army anymore.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:52 am

To Michael, I hope you understand that it will be completely impossible to stop scammers from using your pictures unless they ARE posted on an anti-scam site such as this.

I understand how upsetting this may be but pulling your pictures without the proof of scam use attached to them, allows the scammers to just create new names, email addresses, Facebook pages and dating profiles and continue using the pictures.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:57 am

Mark Ferguson - topic; the RPO posted a link to a short youtube video in which he himself speaks:
The Real Cozma George
My photos was stolen by scammers and use for romance scamming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmRFvP ... e=youtu.be

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:04 am

Lucas McGee topic

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:31 am

I apology to all the women who have been affected by any of the "fake" Mcgee's or the photo of the military man. The man in the photos is my husband. My husband is in the military and has deployed for our country twice. We have been dealing with this on Facebook with so many fake profiles using my husband's photos. Facebook refuses to do anything stating that its not fraud that other people are using his pictures. This is the first time we have been notified that his pictures are being used for dating websites or Nigerian and Ghana scams. I really wish we could stop these scammers!!!

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wingman182 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 pm

We have been dealing with this on Facebook with so many fake profiles using my husband's photos.
Facebook refuses to do anything stating that its not fraud that other people are using his pictures.

WHAT !!!!! :evil:
You have got to be kidding me !!!!!

I'm sorry but I just read this and I'm so ticked off right now I could chew barbed wire and spit nails.
If this is truly Facebook's view on the mater ?
If they can not see this as fraud in any way ?

That's,,,,
Just,,,,,,,,,,,,,

INSANITY !!!!!!!!!!! :clown:

To the wife who wrote this;
I am deeply sorry that you and your husband are going through this uphill frustration.
And though your apology is not necessary because we all know neither of you had any dealings with these criminals. The thought behind the apology is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Scammers with pictures of Bryci Zebra

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Hey Guys!

This is James - I am the photographer for all the Bryci images, as well as Bryci's husband. We're very active online with our bryci.com (NSFW) site as well as our youtube account Bryci.tv

I just wanted to take a second and thank each and every one of you for taking your time to come here and post the fakers info. It helps me because I am then able to research them myself to have fake profiles removed etc

If any of you ever wish to reach out to me, james@bellapass.com is my email.

Thanks and sorry these con men exist!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:17 am

Romance scam Facebook Martinez topic

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:57 am

Hello everyone we need your help – my friend’s sons pictures are being used by scammers to run scams, they took all his pictures from FB and Instagram while he was serving abroad with the US ARMY. For weeks now we tried to get facebook to do the right thing and close these following accounts. But only a few they closed or took the pictures down. My friend’s son closed his accounts that he used to communicate with his family. So here is the deal the more ppl report these fake accounts the better chance we have, getting them shut down. So help them and me if u have time click on the links below and report this profile . These scammers use Veterans and Soldiers in active duty to scam lonely poor Women. This could be happening to you or your Son and Daughter. Help us set a sign to FACEBOOK to finally install more Fraud awareness and a stricter handling of these accounts.

[...plus long list of FB fakey links]

MOD EDIT. I replied using a quote from above here:

Facebook is slow. Generally, social sites are, as these are their most attractive profiles that bring them traffic :(
Not saying that it won´t work; but one scammer has dozens of fake profiles prepared anyway; you close one, they open three; in the long run what works better is education and to have info and pics used in scams listed as used in scams so that finally more and more, if not all, people will have understood that everyone with those pictures contacting you first and with only and exclusively international middle-aged women as friends is a West African military scam fraud profile.

This question has come up multiple times; another lady, whose husband is in the military, has summed up her experience with FB here: viewtopic.php?p=500377#p500377 [which is right here above]

I apology to all the women who have been affected by any of the "fake" Mcgee's or the photo of the military man. The man in the photos is my husband. My husband is in the military and has deployed for our country twice. We have been dealing with this on Facebook with so many fake profiles using my husband's photos. Facebook refuses to do anything stating that its not fraud that other people are using his pictures.

Return to “Support and Advice.”