It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

The Healing Process

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
OceanAnnie
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Healing Process

Postby OceanAnnie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:06 pm

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correcct place....But all here.....And perhaps this aids in your healing I hope....
THANK YOU! Thank you for posting on this website , for being as brave as you are, and for getting the word out. You saved me!!!!!! And I thank you for it. The scam got started, went on for a couple weeks, but after you guys (and I just did some googling on an odd hunch) - you kept me from disaster. So you have one really thankful woman standing behind ya!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:22 pm

.... thanx for your nice Words and welcome .... when we've saved you, its our "Job". :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks from me, too :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Rebuilding
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Rebuilding » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Glad it helped. One less victim for those bastards. Now you can tell others and warn and help them and multiply it. :cool:

AnastasiaLow
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby AnastasiaLow » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 am

Hello... everyone, is been months I have post.

The healing process is still going on, is been so hard to strive on. Every day I have been judged by friends and coworkers.

I had lost many friends every since they learnt that I've been scammed. Till now my family punished me for being involved in two scams. I had moved out and stayed in rental for time being. Is been a hard struggle, and been feeling pretty down every since.

Romance scam may involve monetary means, however it impacts the heart hardest, the heart is still hurting from the pain of being in love with wrong person. It still hurts so much. Any advice on how to heal from broken heart?

Been exercising and going to church. Trying to get mentally strong...

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:11 am

I am very sorry to hear that you still struggling. Please do not give up on life. The better days are yet to come. I was in your place a few years ago. I thought my life was over, I was ashamed and disappointed that I let this happen to me. Of course I told my friends and family and then the time came to get rid off a bad influence. I pushed away a fake friends because I couldn't afford more negativity in my life. Everyone in life sooner or later will get somehow scammed and shouldn't judge you or me. No one will ever feel what you felt if they won't wear and walk in your shoes.

See, someone abused your good, loving heart. Because you are a good woman you helped someone in their bad financial situation. How could you know they were scammers? Did they announce they are criminals? You were uneducated and unaware about sociopaths praying online but not stupid. STOP blaming yourself.

You don't need to be punish even more. Scam hurts enough, try to pick up your pieces even if it takes a baby steps. Stay away from judgmental people, find yourself a hobby, keep occupied.

If you ever go back to dating sites, set up a requirements such: distance and time of meeting. If distance is too far and you can't meet pretty soon delete the contact. I am more then sure there is out there someone to love you and waiting to be loved. Do not rush. Time heals broken hearts, you will be better soon. Good luck!
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

cparis1616
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cparis1616 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:11 pm

I am so glad that I found this site. This morning I put two and two together and realized that I was being scammed as well. I knew I should have trusted my instincts. He was too good to be true. I tried to hold my heart back but he was so persistent that I finally decided I would let myself be vulnerable. The emails and text messages back and forth were every word that I wished a man would say to me. He looked and said exactly what my prince charming would be. I started to get suspicious yesterday when he asked me to purchase him an iTunes card, which I did. He asked for $25 and I got one for $15. He even sent me a video of "him" and a friend singing along to a song. It was so convincing. And even today, now that I have found this site and done a reverse search on the pictures that he sent, I am still having a hard time accepting this revelation. There is still a small part of me that wants to believe he is real. My head says no, but my heart wants that love so badly. I am so mad, ashamed, heart broken and numb. I am thankful that I only invested two weeks into this and that I started to realize something was amiss today when he cancelled the "date" we had scheduled this weekend because he was being "deployed". I am glad to know that I am not the only one out there. I am embarrassed to tell my friends about this because I have always been the one that fell hard and fast and I did it again. I will shed some tears, drink a bottle of wine, eat some fabulous italian food tonight and move on. But damn... this hurts!

Rebuilding
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Rebuilding » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Hello... everyone, is been months I have post.

The healing process is still going on, is been so hard to strive on. Every day I have been judged by friends and coworkers.

I had lost many friends every since they learnt that I've been scammed. Till now my family punished me for being involved in two scams. I had moved out and stayed in rental for time being. Is been a hard struggle, and been feeling pretty down every since.

Romance scam may involve monetary means, however it impacts the heart hardest, the heart is still hurting from the pain of being in love with wrong person. It still hurts so much. Any advice on how to heal from broken heart?

Been exercising and going to church. Trying to get mentally strong...
Hi AnastasiaLow,
I meant to reply by now. I know what you mean and are feeling. I don't feel judged as much because all that has been said. But there is a lot of guilt still and anger at the bastards who took 8+ years of my life.

I have been also trying to exercise more also. It is a slow process. For those like me who endured years and more it has another level of emotions and memories that sadly never happened. Of course in some ways its good they did not.

Hang in there. I hold on to Jesus as He knows and all is not lost.

Glad you are trying to keep healthy.

Rebuilding
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Rebuilding » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:46 pm

I am so glad that I found this site. This morning I put two and two together and realized that I was being scammed as well. I knew I should have trusted my instincts. He was too good to be true. I tried to hold my heart back but he was so persistent that I finally decided I would let myself be vulnerable. The emails and text messages back and forth were every word that I wished a man would say to me. He looked and said exactly what my prince charming would be. I started to get suspicious yesterday when he asked me to purchase him an iTunes card, which I did. He asked for $25 and I got one for $15. He even sent me a video of "him" and a friend singing along to a song. It was so convincing. And even today, now that I have found this site and done a reverse search on the pictures that he sent, I am still having a hard time accepting this revelation. There is still a small part of me that wants to believe he is real. My head says no, but my heart wants that love so badly. I am so mad, ashamed, heart broken and numb. I am thankful that I only invested two weeks into this and that I started to realize something was amiss today when he cancelled the "date" we had scheduled this weekend because he was being "deployed". I am glad to know that I am not the only one out there. I am embarrassed to tell my friends about this because I have always been the one that fell hard and fast and I did it again. I will shed some tears, drink a bottle of wine, eat some fabulous italian food tonight and move on. But damn... this hurts!
Hi cparis1616,
I was also glad when I read all the posts. Glad that I am not alone but also glad as it opened my eyes to similarities and that I was brainwashed by literally trained professionals... as almost too nice a term as it is.

I had all the warnings but just was stubborn. It is great the internet now gives much more aid to find images and emails and names. It was there back in the days although not as much but I got sucked in and thought I did enough review but clearly I did not. So kudos to you for catching it. Am almost jealous of such wisdom!

It is hard to separate the image from the emotions because we are wired that way. We have no other reason to think otherwise until we find out and then it takes time to process.

Yes it hurts. I am over that worst of the hurt. But I deal with the pain daily as I endured many many years.

Your love will come along soon I am sure. A real one right?
God Bless and enjoy the food and friends.

TTRT
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby TTRT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I have always had some sort of doubts right from very early on and my friend and my mom kept telling me about all these scammers on the news. But I wanted to take a risk. When I realized it could be, yet I believe I wanted that feeling and I was ready to get hurt and lose some if that is what it takes. Yes, stupid as it may sound but I believe everything happens for a reason. I needed to go through it to come out stronger.

It wasn't till an image search and phone number search did I realize he is indeed a scammer like my mom and friend had warned from the start as I also wondered myaelf...like the phrase "When it is too good to be ttue, that could be it". I allowed it, I wanted to walk that path. So in this case, I have only myself to blame.

Anyway, I started doing a lot of research on thia topic and I am so thankful to find thia site as I now need healing. I don't want to take too long to recover either. It is really affected me emotionally and psychologically
I never thought this could happen to me. But I have to give credit that these scammers are extremely food at what they do and this one is respectful, polite and "real". Also gives us hope, real or not I need to thank the acammer who gave me those great feelings during those couple of months. Oh well...it is his career so better he good at what he does. 😉😉

I would like to thank everyone on sharing their experiences and insights. I am here to heal. I also believe in Karma and these scammers will receive theirs someday but I will never wish I'll upon them as that is it right thing to do. The greatest and most difficult thing to do is To Forgive as it will help with the healing. May this be a learning experience...everyone walks into your life for a reason and everything happens for a reason.

Let us all love each other and heal together.

TTRT
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Reaching Out After The Fact

Postby TTRT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi,

Question for all. Why would the scammer try to reach out after getting caught, or exposed? Not by authorities but you actually tell them.

Should you even continie to find out? Advice please.

Thank you.

AnastasiaLow
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby AnastasiaLow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 am

Hello... everyone..

As you know we are victims of the scammers and everyone is still reeling from hurt.

Everyone stayed strong. One day at at time. One day survived is one day more to live. That will means we are thumping our nose to the scammers cos they can never destroys us.

I sill have many questions though, is it possible to advise me what willl the scammers do to my passport copy and full name? I had fallen to love scam and recovery scam at almost same time. Is been painful and the pain is still there. I had been in love with a scammer and that still broke my heart. The pain of my heart being torn to pieces and I'm still suffering in silence. I cannot confide to anyone here in my own country.

The recovery scam had asked me send my passport copy, bank details and my address to them. Cos of my naivety I fall prey to the recovery scammers.

Anyone has advice on what can they do to my passport and bank information?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

You need to immediately go to the bank and CLOSE the compromised account. Scammers could use it to launder the money and since you own the account only you would be responsible for crime. Money laundering is punishable with prison time and you could be send to jail if convicted of offence, so please go to the bank and speak with fraud prevention officer.

You need to call the passport agency or your local police and tell them that your passport copy is in the hands of Nigerian fraudsters and can be used in crime. They will give you best advice what to do.

Please BLOCK scammers once and forever, try to move on. You loved a cyberghost , don't give him another minute of your precious life, keep busy, try not to think about scam. Good luck to you.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

AnastasiaLow
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby AnastasiaLow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 am

You need to immediately go to the bank and CLOSE the compromised account. Scammers could use it to launder the money and since you own the account only you would be responsible for crime. Money laundering is punishable with prison time and you could be send to jail if convicted of offence, so please go to the bank and speak with fraud prevention officer.

You need to call the passport agency or your local police and tell them that your passport copy is in the hands of Nigerian fraudsters and can be used in crime. They will give you best advice what to do.

Please BLOCK scammers once and forever, try to move on. You loved a cyberghost , don't give him another minute of your precious life, keep busy, try not to think about scam. Good luck to you.

Thank you for letting me know. I will do that right away.

I am also in midst of changing passport so hope it will helps.

Thank you for the advice

Rebuilding
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Rebuilding » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I have always had some sort of doubts right from very early on and my friend and my mom kept telling me about all these scammers on the news. But I wanted to take a risk. When I realized it could be, yet I believe I wanted that feeling and I was ready to get hurt and lose some if that is what it takes. Yes, stupid as it may sound but I believe everything happens for a reason. I needed to go through it to come out stronger.

It wasn't till an image search and phone number search did I realize he is indeed a scammer like my mom and friend had warned from the start as I also wondered myaelf...like the phrase "When it is too good to be ttue, that could be it". I allowed it, I wanted to walk that path. So in this case, I have only myself to blame.

Anyway, I started doing a lot of research on thia topic and I am so thankful to find thia site as I now need healing. I don't want to take too long to recover either. It is really affected me emotionally and psychologically
I never thought this could happen to me. But I have to give credit that these scammers are extremely food at what they do and this one is respectful, polite and "real". Also gives us hope, real or not I need to thank the acammer who gave me those great feelings during those couple of months. Oh well...it is his career so better he good at what he does.

I would like to thank everyone on sharing their experiences and insights. I am here to heal. I also believe in Karma and these scammers will receive theirs someday but I will never wish I'll upon them as that is it right thing to do. The greatest and most difficult thing to do is To Forgive as it will help with the healing. May this be a learning experience...everyone walks into your life for a reason and everything happens for a reason.

Let us all love each other and heal together.
Hi TTRT, glad you are recovering. It is truly hard physically and emotionally. They are very good at what they do to fool us big time, and prey on our kindness and trust. The difference is I do wish ill upon them. I went through pure hell for a long long time. More than I talk about here. I have already forgiven them but vengeance is mine says the Lord.

It is great we have resources now to help people more and it is working to save some pain at least.

Glad you posted.

Return to “Support and Advice.”