It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Need statistical data about origin of romance scams

Articles and media
mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mariko » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:06 am

Recently a friend of mine was on series of TV program in Japan this week, explaining about the romance scams. I am working with her as a group in Japan.

Japanese people are still ignorant about this kind of scam, and some are reluctant about believing that the scammers are from Africa or South Asia.

The arrest news from Malaysia and Thailand proved that these types of scams are usually run by Nigerians and Ghanaians. But this is not sufficient to convince the media in Japan.

I wish if I could find reliable sources with fact based and with numerical data. Where can I find?

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

knuckles
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Need statistical data about origin of romance scams

Postby knuckles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:02 pm

knuckles
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby knuckles » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm

lagos is scam central where they reside

mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mariko » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Knuckles, thank you.

What I really want to find is numerical data showing the majority of online catfishes came from Nigeria, and Ghana. Some people in my country are sensitive about saying the scammers are from Africa. I need numbers which I can say it is not hate speech but is the fact based.

Return to “Articles and media”