It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

African scammers posing as military personnel.
HelpingAFriend
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby HelpingAFriend » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 am

Web chat is available to most soldiers in Afghanistan. I did web chats from Iraq quite frequently when I was there in 2006. I work with an Army major who had web chats with his wife twice a day for the entire time he was in Afghanistan (2011 to 2012). However, some remote outposts don't have internet access. For those few individuals, web chats and even e-mail are not possible.

If you've been talking with someone who claims to be a soldier in Afghanistan, there are two sure fire methods to determine if he's a real soldier. First, ask him for his physical address. Tell him you want to send him some home baked cookies or a greeting card. A real soldier wouldn't turn down an offer like that. His physical address will end with APO, NY and a zip code if he's really in Afghanistan (or any overseas location). Second, ask him for his AKO e-mail address. This is his official Army e-mail address. The Army encourages deployed soldiers to use their AKO accounts to communicate with friends and family, so there's no problem for a real soldier to give you the address. Official Army e-mail addresses end with .mil (example: john.doe@us.army.mil).

A SCAMMER will make excuses for why he can't do these two things that I've suggested. A real soldier will quickly agree.

Hi, I'm helping a friend that we're really worried about. This gentleman has a email address "@us.army.mil"
But also says he's unable to Skype, but has sent pictures.
He's also asked for money for a flight because it's to visit her instead of going back to his home country...

We're worried because the email address makes it sound plausible, but the rest of it is very fishy!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor

Sponsor

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Please post all Details which you've from him like Mail, Pics, Mailheader, Money request etc. all other would be now read coffee grounds .... we need more Details. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:48 am

It is a scam, sadly. Have you emailed them to that email address ("compose email", NOT "reply mail" due to spooofed senders) and got a reply back?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Military scams”