It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:36 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Hughes Bowen Morgan - hughes.morgan@goarmy.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
I-got-scammed
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby I-got-scammed » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 am

I met Hughes Bowen Morgan on Instagram. Morgan_bowen98 to be exact. We started talking on December 8, 2019. I admit it I fell for his smooth talking. I am not sure why I even talk to the people on there who reach out to me. Anyway, He told me his wife died giving birth to his twins who also died. He then adopted a 10 year girl but didn't want to talk about the reasons for adopting her. Everything seemed so good and he was so sweet. I admit it I was falling for him. We were planning our life together.

He then said he was being deployed to Iraq for 1 month. I am aware that 1 month deployment is non existent but I believed him anyway. He then told me his birthday was coming soon in a weeks time, and wanted me to give him a gift. I declined and that is when everything changed. I told him once he gets back we can celebrate. He then played on my heart strings with the child. Stating he cant afford to get his daughter a gift for Christmas and begged me to get her a $100.00 gift card for video games. I looked him up in the "love scams" and could not find him.
Some of the information he gave me didn't match so I started asking questions. He told me originally his name was Hughes Morgan Bowen. I asked for his army email (I only knew to ask from this website, Thank you) and he flipped out saying it is private and how could I ask for such a thing. After much hard conversation and me telling him I was walking away from him and his daughter and our life he gave it to me, or so I thought.

I was of course so sorry and didn't want him to be mad at me so I never confirmed. Yes, I was an idiot because I usually trust but verify. After a few days I circled back to send him an email to this account. hughes.morgan@goarmy.com When It came back undeliverable I questioned him about this. He said I spelled it wrong. Ok yes I should have known then, that I was being scammed but I loved him and wanted the life we talked about having. Then I asked him to send me an email from this account. He swore he would and changed the subject and it fell thru the cracks. Not really I just didn't want to bring it up again. Instead I kept talking to him and planning our future. Yes I am aware of what you are thinking. We got into another argument cause he said his phone was broken and he could not talk on it, I suggested he buy another phone that actually works. He asked me to buy it for him. I was on vacation and drunk and not having it. So me being a Jersey girl gave him a piece of my mind to the point my girlfriend took my phone from me and turned it off. Ok so he was a scammer and I was finally done with him.

A few days went by and the bombing accrued in Iran (January 2020). He said that everything changed due to the impending war and he was putting his people in harms way by contacting me cause he snuck his phone with him. That prompted him to ask me to write a letter to the army admin asking for leave. I never heard of such a thing but wondered what harm could come to writing this letter. So I wrote it then looked up love scams again with all the info I had compiled he sent me the email address: generaldunford@usa.com. Again I looked it up and found that @usa.com is a free email service. I asked him for his mailing address and he said it was "too hot to give it to me". Then I said I was going to send him cookies (again thank you to this website for suggesting it) to the base in USA so he had them when he landed and I wanted that mailing address. He got really mad and demanded I send the letter. I had already written it but am very detailed orientated so I stated how will they find you? What is your number or address in USA. I told him I was going to send him cookies, He was like your talking about cookies and I'm talking about our life. I explained his life with me, would be making cookies for him and the little girl and watching them enjoy the treats.

This is where I smartened up and said I will not budge if you do not give me the address for USA to send the cookies I will not send the letter then told him I'm very stubborn and will not budge on this and I was going to ignore all communication until he sent me what I wanted. Happy wife, happy life. I then went onto his Instagram and started private messaging his friends who were all women by the way. "Hi I hate to bother you but I see you are friends with morgan bowen and I was wondering if u ever spoke to him? I'm aware its none of my business." One lady replied he messaged me but I didn't answer. I thanked her for her time and moved on. The 2nd girl replied Ummmm I'm irritated right now!! Yes, we write a lot privately, why are you asking. I replied that I'm sorry I irritated her and bothered her. An hour later she asked me why did I reach out to her. So I said what did he tell you about me? Nothing was the reply. She asked who I was and I replied his girlfriend. Apparently she was also his girlfriend but he had just started talking her 4 days prior. He was working me and her that I knew of. She looked him up on reverse image search it came up as Kelvin 34 from Russia. She and I began talking and sharing screen shots of messages he wrote to the both of us. She busted him as a 2 timer and he yelled at me on text msg. He asked me why I wrote to these women and I stated "address please" followed by happy wife, happy life (keeping to my stubborn story). He deleted me from Instagram. I reported him as spam, and then sent him a a final message stating "I would have loved you forever." So far there is no reply. I did block him from Hangouts but then unblocked him to send that msg.

Yes, I'm aware of how many red flags were put up and yes, shame on me for letting this go on so long and for actually falling in love with him. I felt horrible not telling this other girl about him being a scammer but she made it clear to me she was going to tell him and as I have read on here you do not do that. So I decided to once again put myself out there and let the world know what happened to me in hopes it will not happen to them.

My advise to the other women and men out there is trust but verify. Ask questions and if you get a weird feeling go with it and protect yourself. I have included 3 pictures of him for your reference. I feel like such a fool but hopefully I can help someone before they get scammed.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Hughes Bowen Morgan - hughes.morgan@goarmy.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Thank you for posting about this romance scam. I have cut out the photos as best as I could:
ImageImageImage
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

SportsMom165
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SportsMom165 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:13 pm

Me too!!! Hughes Morgan
Hughes1998Morgan@gmail.com

From Feb 5-8, 2020
Man, almost exact story he gave me, but he never asked me for anything. We had talked for 3 days, in google hangouts. I was too pushy about getting contact info, and when I told him he had to at least video chat, he suddenly disappeared, sent me lots of the same pictures, also of “Rosie”. I will Include pictures of a Rosie as well. He said his wife died delivering twins a few years back, Rosie was small so she doesn’t really remember, but she’s 10, so I thought that was weird. He told me he was married for 22 years before his wife died, but he was about to turn 42, and she has been dead for a few years, so he got married at...17-ish???!!! I also couldn’t get over the length of his hair and beard and how it drastically changed in the photos he sent that were supposedly taken days within each other. He told me he was an only child, not much family at all, and his birthday was Feb 14, 1979. Also his mom and dad both had died, but mom just this past November. Told me he has a dog banded Luigi, and sent a video of him talking to Luigi too. Said his daughter lives with his uncle in Casper, Wyoming where he is based out of. But the only military base s in Wyoming are the Airforce, besides the army national guard. Told me he went to college for accounting, but never confirmed where, and said he wanted to be a car salesman when he gets out of the service-Weird, right? He Said he was a combat engineer for the army and was shot twice during his tours, Had been in in for 10 years, and had 2 years left. Said he has been in Florida for most of his more than 2 month of leave. Also tried to tell me he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan for 30 days, lol. I didn’t buy it. But I am glad to have found this. I’m laughing at myself for believing him as long as I did. His English by text is not great, butIn videos he speaks fine, with no accent. He makes a lot of grammatical errors, and told me he was Mexican, looked up his name with a quick google search and couldn’t find it anywhere.Said as a cold his parents took him on a road trip to Ohio where his dad grew up, also on his Facebook profile it said he had no kids, and was from Columbus, Ohio, but his Facebook dating profile said he was dating near Hiland, Wyoming. His Facebook profile and Facebook dating profile have both been deactivated. I think he knows it isn’t going to work with me. This guy tucked and ran when I insisted for some kind of contract other than texting. He did hit me up by email after his accounts were deactivated. I’m not excited he has my full name, but he didn’t get much more than that from me. I guess he realized I was too broke anyway, haha. Will post some pictures I have of him. Hope this helps someone else because he obviously does this often.

Last edited by Myra on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed kids' pics

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 pm

mylove.ru/kelvin511/
kelvin
Adrar, 34 years old, Scorpio
I am a happy person who make people laugh and happy around him

FishyCat
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FishyCat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Yeah, he’s going after gay men on Grindr now...

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:47 am

Welcome to RS :)

can you please post his profile in Grindr and his email id or phone number if you them ?
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Mailgirl828
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mailgirl828 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Wow. I am so glad I found these articles on him! I am recently talking to him but he goes by “Jesse Hughes” and he states he is in special ops in the military and this is the reason he can’t video chat. He says he has no devices with cameras because he is on classified duty the military will not let him.

He mentioned he has custody of an 8 year old boy who is his nephew.

I’m not sure who this guy really is but now I am sure all of the red flags were true!

Return to “Military scams”