It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Did you find your scammer listed here?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Did you find your scammer listed here?

yes
66%
no
34%

Total votes: 144

Mission_lady
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mission_lady » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:31 am

Your avatar really makes me laugh!!! LOL.

Whatever helps, is fine with me. I wish they would stop using the names though, although it is safer they do so that people can be guided here more than if he did change his name.

Thanks and keep giggling..lol.
M.L.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

5150psycho
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby 5150psycho » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Although I did not find my scammer already listed, he is now.
I'm hoping it will save someone else from him.
I'm looking forward to catching more in the future and have set a couple of bait sites.
Good work to all! :twisted:

ryn74
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Yes I found my scammer here...

Postby ryn74 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:58 am

This site is the best. I have learned so much.

aupete
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby aupete » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 am

Yup, I found my latest one on a thread by 'cheesepickle'. Still playing with this one, see how much of the scums time I can waste. :twisted:

Arabian Nights
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Arabian Nights » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Found my first one by sheer luck.
this last one showed up on scamdigger, thankfully got picture and IP :twisted: such a handsome fellow :silly: :roll: :grin:
Have you GOOGLED today!
POST UP: Site, Profile, Pic, Name, IP, Phone before it is deleted

Moriarty
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Moriarty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:37 pm

No, but I was pleased that I was able to post him here and warn others off. This site has educated me a lot.
Don't want no paper gangsta. (Lady Gaga)

sanneb
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sanneb » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:45 am

I found my scammer here after I got scammed. It took me a few days to find this site.It took me a whole day once I found this site to find my scammers picture. He was listed in under two other names. I posted his recent name,phone number,email address. :grin: :applause:

simongilks
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Did you find your scammer listed here?

Postby simongilks » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 am

i didn't find my scammer here either. but i knew about the site while i was being scammed!!!!!

my excuse is i had good reason to believe my scammers were genuine. since being scammed, however,
i have come across numerous scammers, and if i have the necessary details, and the proof they are
scammers i post them up here.

norma_jean
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby norma_jean » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:11 am

I haven't found mine either, but was suspicious and somehow I found this site, and then I posted all I knew... And was happy to know that few days ago some other potential victim had found my post and realized that was the one trying to scam them as well, only from different e-mail addy... so I am glad that I could make my contribution to the site, which is GREAT btw! THE BEST! :applause: :party: :D
I must break you.

didi
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby didi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:50 am

I did not find any of them here, I was the first posting them.
didi

Angel17
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Angel17 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 am

I also didn't find the name or pics. of my scammer here. But I found advise and support and that's enough to thank RS and moderators.

CJ1967
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CJ1967 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04 am

Yes, after I posted his pic thinking he wasn't on here and had it redirected to the right place. Sooooo frustrated with match.com right now! Since that first one almost had me (or my $) I've now had FIVE more men claim to be a resident of the U.S., in my state but "on business" either in or around Africa! Or they started using the old Am instead of I'm or I am. One today immediately started asking me what I did for a living. I could sure tell he read my profile! :thinking: I told him I was unemployed and no more on the IM. That's something else I'm doing differently is NOT giving out my email keeping it all through match's system. I'm just mad because I paid money for this service and feel like I'm being scammed by match.com!!

mdgposter
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mdgposter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 am

Hello folks,
I am sorry that some of you were scammed before you found RomanceScam. I have never been scammed. Many have tried. I found RomanceScam briefly after I started my online dating experience. I just never believed the scam messages. I just felt it was really strange how on the online dating sites it had such a lovey dovey instant love affair microwave mentality. I just did not believe it. It just does not happen in the real world. I used google to research and found RomanceScam early on in my dating experience. Why? I thought the online dating stuff was too fishy to be true.

Did I find my scammer here? many scammers I found here. I mean I found scam reports about them here. I have been contacted by more than one scammer. I have seen many scammers scam reports here and on the other 20 official anti-scam websites I prefer.

One problem is there is one dater I met I know in my heart is a scammer, has a scam report on the unofficial type. The person portrayed themselves as a model living in Nigeria originally from Sri Lanka or Columbia. I never got a money request from the person so I have absolutely no proof the person is a scammer. Today I used the email checker and can see the person is using a different picture depicting totally different person of a different nationality. The original picture person looked Italian the picture now is of black lady. In my heart the person is a scammer I can't prove it. No this person is not listed here. I am going to save both pictures now. I need to research this issue

Just saying
mdgposter

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:18 am

Yes, my former scammer with that sympathetic eyes and a beautiful daughter is here. :evil:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

Rosetta
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Rosetta » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 am

No I never found him listed here. I had done several searches on him over the first while of getting to know him. We met on a dating site, and even though I insisted that I was not to keen on a long distance relationship I caved in. I lodged a complaint against this man through another site that offered investigative advice and never heard from them. One day not too long ago I just did a search a the name steel came up and that was him. Now since I blasted them with information, I found this site - which actually has been more information/user friendly. Now i come almost daily to look for updates!!
Thanks for being here.

Return to “Voting polls”