this way of board's organization (grouping them by pics) seems confusing and hard to maintain at first, but if you think about it, it is actually the best way and comes from experience. Lets look at alternatives:
- if we organize by e-mail addy: e-mail addresses are highly disposable, they are only being used so long, then discarded. All topics will have short lifetime, each scammer has dozens of e-mails. Definatey not the best way.
- if we organize by name, there will be all kind of different unrelated scammers piled in one topic. Just think about topic on "Williams Smith"! Plus, there would be a lot of posts like "I met a guy called Williams Smith, is he a scammer?".
- if we organize by similiar letters and story, the question comes: what to consider "similiar"? Which criteria to use? This will also create a lot of unrelated scammers piled up, as they all use the same old stories with slight variations. Also, imagine how hard it will be for our Mods to search for such similarity in stories and try to keep such board organized.
- if we organize by same scammer with many identities: only about 1% of the board are posts from baiters and victims who actually persistently trace the same scammer. The rest will be assumptions and guesses, most probably wrong.
- if we don't organize board at all and let everybody start new topic or post anything anywhere, just imagne this havoc! Nobody will be able to find anything, besides look at for example the topic of James Bill from FH: over 500 posts. Even if only each thrird post is a new report (and other two being just comments), still this will result in over 100 extra topics with same pic instead of one. Can you imagine how many extra pages of forum we will have? This is how most scamlists are organized (in other words, NOT organized at all), spread in hundreds, sometimes thousands pages with the same faces over and over again.
Organizing this forum by pictures seems like the best idea. Pictures are being used and reused, and if those are rare, not commonly used pics (like of models from Focushawaii, Newfaces, Modelmayhem) the chances are it might be the same scammer using them. Also, most victims are visual and find the "pile" we build on each picture the best proof of scam. Just yesterday's quote from one poster, how she became convinced he was a scammer:
There is another reason for such grouping: scamdigger, but not the main reason. This board was organized like this long before scamdigger was created.Once my daughter located the same picture of my scammer, I knew he wasn't real so hope you can find his pic here.